Promotional Competition Rules for the Sony Win a Trip to Thailand Competition
1. This promotional competition is organised by Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (registration number 1988/007302/07) a subsidiary of The Foschini Group Limited (“TFG”) and Sony (Pure Distribution)
2. In these rules, “Promoter” means a person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts the promotional competition, or for whose benefit the promotional competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted, which includes TFG. No director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates, may enter this promotional competition. This also applies to a person who is a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition.
3. All participants must be resident in South Africa and be over the age of 18 years.
4. Should the law or any authority terminate this promotional competition, no notice of termination shall be required. In such event, all participants waive any rights and acknowledge that they shall have no claim, of any nature whatsoever against TFG, its directors, agents or employees as a result of the termination. Further, TFG reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes which have not yet been drawn, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time and for any reason whatsoever that TFG deems is reasonable at the time.
5. Entry into the competition is on condition of the purchase of a Sony XA smartphone from hi, either in a hi store, or online at hi-online.co.za, as well as entering the following details on the online entry form:
5.1) Name and surname
5.2) Cellphone number
5.3) IMEI number of Sony phone purchased from hi
5.4) Online order number OR name of store where phone was purchased
6. Prize will be fulfilled and managed by Pure Distribution and or their travel agents.
7. There will be 1 winner, who will receive a trip to Thailand including the following only:
7.1) 2 x Return economy class flights on the services of Qatar Airways from Johannesburg via Doha to Phuket, Thailand, inclusive of all airport taxes . The prize must be redeemed in between September and October 2017. Available dates exclude school holidays, long weekends, and any other peak travelling times.
7.2) In the case where the winner and/or partner are not based in Johannesburg , Sony/Pure Distribution will cover 2 x domestic flights from Durban or Cape Town to Johannesburg OR Tambo International airport. Sony will not cover local accommodation should the winner require this to catch flights from either Durban or Cape Town. The inbound flights will be in economy class. Date, time and airline will be at Sony’s/ Pure Distribution’s discretion. Should the winner want to upgrade to a higher class or a different date, the difference will be for his/her account.
7.3) Return Airport – Hotel Transfers.
7.4) 7 Nights accommodation for 2 people sharing at the 4*Seaview Patong Hotel, Phuket in a Superior Room.
7.5) Breakfast daily.
7.6) Full day Phang NA Island & James Bond Tour by land & water with lunch.
7.7) Seafood dinner at Kang Eang Restaurant.
7.8) Emergency medical & luggage Travel Insurance.
7.9) All other activities not mentioned in the points above, such as additional travel, spending money, tips, lunches and dinners will be at the winner’s own expense.
8. South African passport holders do not require a visa for travel to Thailand. All travelers of all ages require their own passport that must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from return date.
9. By entering the competition you agree and understand that you may win a prize and that there is no guarantee that you will win a prize.
10. Prize is not transferable, may not be deferred or exchangeable for cash or otherwise.
11. If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
12. This competition will commence on 01 June 2017 and end on 30 June 2017.
13. Winner will be randomly drawn at TFG Head Office in Parow East, Cape Town, within two weeks after closing date from eligible entrants in the presence of an independent Accountant. The winner will be contacted via phone. If we cannot contacted within 3 days after the draw the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be drawn.
14. The winner will be given the opportunity to agree or not to agree to the publication of their image.
15. The decision of the competition conductor as to the winner is final and there will be no correspondence.
16. By accepting a prize or by entering this competition, you hereby indemnify TFG, it’s directors, agents, employees and the promoters / sponsors against any damages of any nature whatsoever that anyone may suffer as a result of the prize/s and/or this competition, including consequential damages and economic loss.
17. Failure to comply with these rules or the terms of acceptance of a prize by a winner will be deemed to be a rejection of the prize and the winner will then be disqualified from receiving the prize.