NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING
1. Eligibility: This Competition is open to individuals 14 years of age and older in all geographic locations. Employees of Shotover Camera Systems LP (“SHOTOVER”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household as Employees, and the people on the judging panel and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household as the judging panel members, are not eligible to participate in this Competition (“the Competition”). The Competition is subject to all applicable national, federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet all eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of SHOTOVER as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Competition. By entering into this Competition, You agree to allow SHOTOVER to use your name, likeness, and video entry for purposes of advertising and trade without any compensation, unless prohibited by law. SHOTOVER may also cut clips and/or edit your video entry for social media and further marketing purposes. All videos submitted are subject to review and may not be posted online. Videos containing branding other than SHOTOVER, logos, etc. may not be featured at the discretion of SHOTOVER.
3. Competition Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on November 15th 2016 11:59 PM PST and ending on March 15th, 2017 11:59 PM PST. All online entries must be received by March 15th, 2017, 11:59 PM PST. Top 15 finalists will be announced on April 3rd, 2017, the announcement will be published on SHOTOVER’S website.
4. How to Enter: The Competition must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at woobox.com/chfqis
In addition, You must provide a teaser of your video submission which is to be uploaded to your Instagram account when you submit the full video.
When promoting your video on all social media platforms You must tag the following:
Facebook: SHOTOVER (facebook.com/shotovercamera)
Twitter: @shotovercamera (twitter.com/shotovercamera)
Instagram: @shotovercamera (instagram.com/shotovercamera)
And include the hashtags #SHOTOVERG1giveaway #changeyourgame
When uploading your video to YouTube.com or Vimeo.com, video submission titles must include #SHOTOVERG1giveaway.
The entry must fulfill all Competition requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of SHOTOVER.
The video entry submitted must be a minimum of 1 minute and a maximum of 6 minutes. You may enter as many times as you wish but videos must be different. You must provide all information requested. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Competition rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of SHOTOVER.
5. Content Submission Policy:
All content submitted is subject to review and removal at the sole and absolute discretion of SHOTOVER. Below are the Content restrictions:
(i) Content must not be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent, derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity;
(ii) Content must not promote illegal drugs, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear illegal, unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
(iii) Content must not be obscene, offensive, or endorse any form of hate or hate group;
(iv) Content must not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about SHOTOVER, SHOTOVER products, SHOTOVER resellers, or any other people, products, or companies;
(v) Content must not contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind other than SHOTOVER without SHOTOVER’s permission and the express permission of the other brand or product or contain any personally identifiable information;
(vi) Content must not contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies, music or other media) without the written permission of the copyright owner; and
(vii) Content must not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without the written permission of the owner of such materials.
6. Prizes: The winner(s) of the Competition (the “Winner”) will receive 1x Grand Prize of a complete SHOTOVER G1 GIMBAL including controller, shipping cases and G1 training and additional accessories (valued at over US $100,000 ) (“the Prize”). Actual/appraised value of the Prize may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the Prize shall be solely determined by SHOTOVER. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. Prizes are non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of Prize or transfer/assignment of Prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for SHOTOVER to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without any further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner Selection and Notification: Top 15 Finalists will be announced on April 3rd, 2017 via official SHOTOVER website, social media channels, and via email. The Winner will be selected by the official judging panel appointed by SHOTOVER and will be announced on April 25th, 2017 under the supervision of SHOTOVER. Winner will be announced in person during National Association of Broadcasters NAB SHOW (NAB 2017). Winner must be present at NAB 2017 to be eligible to receive the Prize. With SHOTOVER’S prior written agreement, the Winner can nominate a representative to attend NAB 2017 on their behalf. SHOTOVER can approve or not approve a proposed representative in SHOTOVER’S sole discretion. SHOTOVER shall have no liability for failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize in person at NAB 2017, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by the Winner of the Prize offered in this Competition is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SHOTOVER’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE COMPETITON, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. If the Winner has received the Prize prior to be disqualified, the Winner will return the Prize to SHOTOVER in full not less than ten working days after notification of disqualification.
9. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Competition (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that SHOTOVER, anyone acting on behalf of SHOTOVER, and SHOTOVER’S licensees, successors, and assignees, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Competition, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any compensation, notice, review, or consent.
By entering this Competition You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of SHOTOVER. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, including media rights You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless SHOTOVER from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which SHOTOVER may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
10. Terms & Conditions: SHOTOVER reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond SHOTOVER’S control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Competition. In such case, SHOTOVER may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by SHOTOVER. SHOTOVER reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or website or violates these rules. SHOTOVER has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, SHOTOVER reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering You agree to release and hold harmless SHOTOVER and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the completion and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the promotion or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: This Competition is governed by the laws of New Zealand, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Competition, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New Zealand having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable solicitor’s fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Competition). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Facebook: The Competition hosted by SHOTOVER is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
14. By submitting your entry, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the rules set out in this document.