2017 ‘HANKOOK HEROES’ RECOGNITION SWEEPSTAKES
2. ELIGIBILITY: a) The Hankook Tire America Corp. (the “Sponsor”) “Hankook Heroes" Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to entrants who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of June 9, 2017 and are submitting their tribute and explaining their thoughts about why U.S. military veteran(s) (“Heroes”) are so important to them and/or the country (each submitter is an “Entrant”). Please do not submit the names of individual veterans in your description; however, you can describe the importance to you of individual veteran(s), but without using their name(s). Sponsor will not use the name of any individual veteran Hero inadvertently included in a submission in the promotion. Entrants who submit about veterans need not be or have been a service member themselves. The Entrant Winner must possess a valid driver’s license issued by a state of the United States or the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates and/or authorized dealers/distributors, or of any company or organization involved in the design, implementation, or promotion of the Sweepstakes, as well as their immediate family, spouse, parents, siblings, and children and household members, are not eligible to submit an entry or to be a Winner. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
3. PRIZE: One (1) Winner selected will receive one (1) set of four (4) Hankook tires of the approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $499.00 USD. The type of Hankook tires provided to a Winner will depend on the year, make and model of a Winner’s vehicle due to size, load index, and speed rating requirements of the vehicle. This is a taxable event and all federal, state, and local taxes and expenses related to the receipt of a prize, including handling, mounting, and balancing of the tires, are the responsibilities of a Winner. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person/email address. No prize transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent is permitted except in the sole discretion and with the prior written consent of the Sponsor.
4. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Sweepstakes Period (the “Sweepstakes Period”), in order to enter, Entrants may visit the Sweepstakes page either on the Hankook USA Facebook® Fan Page or the campaign landing page (www.HankookHeroes.com), and complete all required fields of the onscreen registration form, including their submission on veteran Hero or Heroes described above, and a valid email address for notification purposes. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address. All entries become property of the Sponsor.
5. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance of a prize constitutes an Entrant’s and the Winner’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules as binding and agrees that the decisions of the Sponsor regarding the Sweepstakes and its administration are final and binding on all matters. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
6. DRAWING: a) Within seven (7) days following the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, the Sponsor will select the name of one (1) potential Winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries submitted and received during the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received in the Sweepstakes Period. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential Winner by email or certified U.S. mail within seven (7) days of each drawing. The Sponsor is not responsible for undelivered, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or incomplete entries; invalid, undelivered or undeliverable emails; or for any Internet or other technical problems related to or limiting the ability of an individual to participate in or win in the Sweepstakes. If a potential Winner is unable or unwilling for any reason to accept the prize, or the Sponsor cannot effect delivery because a potential Winner has not provided a valid, accurate, working email or valid street address, the prize will go to the next eligible Winner in the category. A prize unclaimed after fourteen (14) days of the drawing of a Winner will be given to the next Winner via a subsequent random drawing as described above of remaining eligible potential winner until a Winner is selected.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF POTENTIAL WINNERS AND PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by applicable law, a potential Winner will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within fourteen (14) days of being notified. Except where prohibited by applicable law, consent to participation and consent to accepting a prize constitutes the winning Entrant’s consent to the Sponsor’s use of his/her name, likeness, biographical information and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. If a potential Winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit and the Release (where permitted) within the required time period, an alternate Winner will be selected in his/her place. A Winner from the State of Tennessee may choose to decline to provide a publicity release.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize to a Winner by a random drawing from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unethical, improper or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any and all printing, website, typographical, electronic or mechanical errors. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting the entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the natural person in whose name the email account is registered. Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by the Entrant’s or a Winner’s online service provider will apply. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right in its discretion to revise, modify, or amend these Rules at any time during the Sweepstakes Period.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, Entrants and any Winner agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its related and affiliated companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents and any company involved in the design, implementation, or promotion of the Sweepstakes (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail or email; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or a Winner’s receipt of any prize.
10. DISPUTES/CHOICES OF LAW: As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, an Entrant and any Winner agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any Prize obtained through the Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association as then in existence. Arbitration will take place in Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will an Entrant or a Winner be permitted to seek recovery for, and Entrant or any Winner hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred, which damages, at a maximum, shall not exceed the ARV of the Prize for which the individual Winner was eligible, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of an Entrant or a Winner and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Tennessee, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Tennessee, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Tennessee.
11. OFFICIAL RULES AND PROMOTION RESULTS: A copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by either accessing the rules via HankookHeroes.com, downloading or printing a copy of these rules from HankookHeroes.com, or requesting a paper copy by sending the request along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Hankook Tire America Corp., 333 Commerce Street, Suite 600, Nashville, TN 37201, attention: Public Relations Manager. To request the name of the Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Hankook Tire America Corp., 333 Commerce Street, Suite 600, Nashville, TN 37201, attention: Public Relations Manager.
12. PRIVACY: By entering or remaining as an Entrant in the Sweepstakes, you agree to Sponsor’s terms of service and use of your contact information for Sponsor’s marketing purposes but Sponsor will not sell or share your information to or with third parties. The Sponsor’s privacy statement is found at http://www.hankooktire.com/us/privacy-policy.html.13. SPONSOR: Hankook Tire America Corp., 333 Commerce Street, Suite 600, Nashville, TN 37201, attention: Public Relations Manager.