“UNIVERSAL FANCON SUMMER OF FUN SWEEPSTAKES” (“Sweepstakes”)
2017 OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. SPONSOR: Universal FanCon, 2547 Sylvan Moor Lane, Woodbridge, VA 22191 (“Sponsor”). “Sponsor and its agents” shall mean Sponsor, its advertising/promotional and/or fulfillment agencies and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is (1) open to legal residents in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are legal age of majority or older (18 everywhere except in AL, NE: 19 and in MS: 21) and are users in good standing of Facebook.com (“Facebook”); (2) void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions and wherever prohibited or restricted by law; and (3) subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Employees and consultants of Universal FanCon and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win.
4. HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes begins at 10:00:01 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on July 8, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 pm PT on August 22, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter the Sweepstakes, go to http://woobox.com/qerg69 and you will be prompted to enter using your name and email address, hit the submit button (collectively an “Entry” or “Entries”). As part of your Entry, you will need to decide whether you would like to receive Sponsor’s updates, news and offers (collectively “Subscription”). All entrants will be added to the mailing list. If Entrant decides to subscribe (each a “Subscriber”), he/she will leave the checked box and will click on the link in the confirmation email. If Entrant should decide not to subscribe, he/she will uncheck the pre-checked box. Entrant understands that the decision to subscribe to Sponsor’s Subscription will not increase their chances of winning the Sweepstakes. Subscriber can unsubscribe from the Subscription at any time without affecting his/her chances of winning. Sponsor provides you with an opportunity to express your preferences with respect to receiving certain marketing communications from Sponsor or from unaffiliated third parties. If you ever decide in the future that you would like to update these preferences, (i) you may follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any marketing email you receive from us, or (ii) you may send us an email at email@example.com and we will edit your preferences accordingly.
Only one (1) Entry per email address is allowed during the Sweepstakes Period. If more than one such Entry is submitted only the first such Entry submitted will be accepted. Any attempt by a participant to obtain more than the allowable entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries.
In addition to the original entry, the user may receive additional “bonus entries”. Bonus entries can be earned by using the unique link provided to each entrant that they can share on social media and email. Each entrant that enters from that link will earn the original entrant 3 bonus entries.
By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. Illegible and/or incomplete Entries and Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected Entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the Entries. Proof of entering information at Website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered on the date the Entry is submitted. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about August 24, 2017 by Sponsor or its designee whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes (“Potential Winners”). Entrants need not be present to win. Each Potential Winner will be notified by e-mail (“Prize Notification”) and must provide by e-mail within three (3) days of the date of the Prize Notification (the “Deadline”), his/her full name and a mailing address (“Mailing Information”) where Sponsor can send the Prizes. The mailing address must be a street address (no P.O. boxes). If a Potential Winner does not provide the Mailing Information in response to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the original drawing. Potential Winner may be required to complete, sign, and return to Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. Once Sponsor receives a Potential Winner's Mailing Information and if required by Sponsor, a completed and signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, Sponsor shall declare that Potential Winner is a winner (“Winner”). Return of any Prize Notification or Prizes will result in disqualification, an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the original drawing, and Sponsor shall repeat the winner selection and notification procedures set forth in this Section 5 until a qualified Winner has been selected.
6. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING:
One (1) grand prize winner (a “Grand Prize Winner”) will receive the following:
One (1) Nintendo Switch Gaming Console – ARV $417.50
First Prize – Superhero Prize Pack
Eight (8) first prize winners (a “First Prize Winners – Superhero Prize Pack”) and will selected. At random each of those winners will receive One (1) of the following prizes:
One (1) DC Comics 12" Wonder Woman Figure – ARV $11.99
One (1) DC Comics Wonder Woman Logo T-Shirt – ARV $30.00
One (1) Wonder Woman 16 Backpack Cargo Pockets DC Comics Bag – ARV $19.95
One (1) Wonder Woman (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet Combo Pack – ARV $24.99
One (1) Wonder Woman Comic Box Set – ARV $39.99
One (1) Wonder Woman America Star Sandwich Bill Baseball Cap – ARV $5.93
One (1) Wonder Woman Adult Knee High Cape Sock – ARV $8.48
One (1) Ultimate Sticker Collection: DC Comics Wonder Woman – ARV $9.41
Second Prize – Harry Potter Prize Pack
Eight (8) second prize winners (a “Second Prize Winners – Harry Potter Prize Pack”) and will selected. At random each of those winners will receive One (1) of the following prizes:
One (1) Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two: The Official Script Book of the Original West End Production Special Rehearsal Edition – ARV $22.99
One (1) Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection – ARV $43.99
One (1) Harry Potter Paperback Box Set (Books 1-7) Paperback – ARV $86.93
One (1) Harry Potter Wand – ARV $37.50
One (1) Harry Potter Hogwarts Gryffindor Knapsack Backpack – ARV $16.85
One (1) Harry Potter 9 3/4 Red T-Shirt – ARV $18.99
One (1) Harry Potter Marauders Map – ARV $35.00
One (1) Harry Potter Socks 5-Pack – ARV $20.80
Third Prize – Universal FanCon Prize Pack
Two (2) third prize winners (a “Third Prize Winners – Universal FanCon Prize Pack”) and will selected. At random each of those winners will receive One (1) of the following prizes:
Two (2) Universal FanCon 3 Day VIP Passes – ARV $398.00
Two (2) Universal FanCon T-Shirts – ARV $40.00
Total ARV of all Prizes: $1,289.29
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Each Entry will have an equal chance of winning.
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Selection and specifics of all prizes (collectively, the “Prizes”) will be determined in the Sponsor's sole discretion. All Prizes are subject to availability. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. All Prizes are non-transferable. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Each Entry will have an equal chance of winning. There is a limit of one Prize per person. All Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Prizes are at Winners’ sole risk and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of any such prize.
8. TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local and other taxes and any license, destination and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Winners may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of their Prizes. Any additional expenses not included in the Prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
11. INTERNET: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the entry process, operation of the Sweepstakes or Web site, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes without notice and to select the winner from all eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of Website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
12. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Virginia; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Virginia.
14. WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a Winners List or a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “UNIVERSAL FANCON SUMMER OF FUN SWEEPSTAKES”, Winner's List/Official Rules, 2547 Sylvan Moor Lane, Woodbridge, VA 22191 to be received no later than August 31, 2017. VT residents need not affix return postage.
© Universal FanCon
™ & © Universal FanCon
Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Nintendo, DC Comics, Warner Bros., or any entity owning the Harry Potter name. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org and not Facebook or Twitter. By entering the Sweepstakes, you understand that you are submitting your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter.