PowerBar® Triple Threat Sweepstakes
Full Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations
Note that the PowerBar® Triple Threat Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is available on Facebook in English only
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Starting Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 12:00:01 AM ET and ending Monday, August 1, 2011 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the "Sweepstakes Period"), at which time no further entries will be accepted.
2. HOW TO ENTER: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK. BY ENTERING, YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO THE SPONSOR AND NOT TO FACEBOOK. THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE WILL ONLY BE USED FOR PURPOSES OF ADMINISTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR COMPLAINTS REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE SPONSOR AND NOT TO FACEBOOK.
To Enter the Sweepstakes you must have a valid Facebook account. Registration on Facebook is free; visit www.facebook.com and follow the onscreen instructions to register.
To enter the PowerBar® Triple Threat Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) you must visit http://www.facebook.com/powerbarcanada during the Sweepstakes Period. Click on the “Promotions” tab and follow the on-screen directions to enter the Sweepstakes. You must indicate that you “Like” the PowerBar Page on Facebook to access the Sweepstakes Entry Form. Fully complete the Sweepstakes Entry Form which includes; full name (first and last name), complete mailing address, telephone number and email address. By clicking the “Enter” button your completed entry will be automatically entered into the next available Weekly Draw (Note: Weekly Draws are defined under Point 4 below). All entries must be received no later than August 1, 2011 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Limit one (1) entry per Facebook user. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY for Sweepstakes entry.
Note: Although online access and an email account are required in order to participate in the Sweepstakes, no purchase is required. Many public libraries, Internet cafés, retail businesses and others offer free access to Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
3. PRIZES: There are thirty four (34) prizes available to be won at the outset of the Sweepstakes – Thirty three (33) Weekly Prizes and one (1) Grand Prize.
GRAND PRIZE: There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won at the outset of the Sweepstakes consisting of six (6) cases of PowerBar® Triple Threat energy bars (3 cases of Chocolate Caramel and 3 cases of Caramel Peanut) and a PowerBar® prize package including; one (1) basketball signed by Blake Griffin, one (1) pair of exclusive custom Oakley® sunglasses, one (1) PowerBar® Bag, one (1) PowerBar® T-shirt, one (1) PowerBar® water bottle, one (1) pair of PowerBar® socks, one (1) PowerBar® shaker and cup and one (1) one hundred dollar ($100.00 CAD) Running Room® gift card. Approximate retail value $2,480.80 CAD
WEEKLY PRIZES: There are Thirty Three (33) Weekly Prizes in total (3 Weekly Prizes per week for 11 weeks), available to be won at the outset of the Sweepstakes. For each Weekly Prize draw there will be three (3) cases of PowerBar® Triple Threat energy bars (2 case of Caramel Peanut and 1 cases of Chocolate Caramel) awarded, one (1) to each of the three (3) eligible entrants each week of the Sweepstakes Period. (Note: Weekly Draws are defined under Point 4 below). Approximate retail value $310.80 CAD each/case.
Prizes must be accepted as described in these rules and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part, for cash, subject to the provisions set forth elsewhere in these rules. Any difference between the actual value of the prizes and approximated value of the prizes as stated in these Official Rules will not be awarded.
4. GRAND PRIZE DRAW: On Monday August 1, 2011 in Pasadena, CA at 10:00 AM PT, one (1) entry will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period and will be eligible to win the Grand Prize available in this Sweepstakes. The odds of your entry being drawn depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
WEEKLY PRIZE DRAWS: There will be eleven (11) separate Weekly Draws during the Sweepstakes Period each consisting or 3 random draws. Each Friday, in Pasadena, CA at 10:00 AM PT, following the conclusion of each Weekly Draw Period (as defined below) three (3) entries will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received up until the conclusion of the previous Weekly Draw Period and will be eligible to win one (1) of the three (3) Weekly Prizes available in this Sweepstakes. A Weekly Draw Period is defined as starting at 12:00:00 AM ET, Wednesday and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET the following Tuesday, starting Wednesday, May 18, 2011 until the end of the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of your entry being drawn depend on the total number of eligible entries received up until the conclusion of each Weekly Draw Period. An entry which has won a Weekly Prize in any Weekly Draw Period is not eligible to win another Weekly Prize for any other Weekly Draw Period, however, that entry is eligible to win the Grand Prize.
Attempts will be made to contact the entrants selected as eligible to win a Prize at the telephone number on their Official Sweepstakes Entry Form between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM ET for a period of five (5) working days from the date which their entry was drawn. If an eligible entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time, he/she is no longer eligible to win and another entrant will be drawn and the process of contacting the new entrant will be repeated. No communication will be entered into except with the selected entrants. The Sponsor reserves the right to reschedule any Sweepstakes draw. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter any draw for any reason.
5. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: Before being declared a winner, and in order to receive a Prize, the potential winner (or your parent/legal guardian if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, and the potential winner (or your parent/legal guardian if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) must accept the terms of a Declaration and complete a Release and Waiver form, WITHIN SEVEN (7) DAYS FROM THE DATE NOTIFICATION WAS SENT TO THE POTENTIAL WINNER or the Prize will be forfeited, potential winner disqualified and a replacement winner may be randomly selected at Sponsor’s discretion. The decision of the Official Sweepstakes Judges in respect of all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, eligibility, validity, contents, and/or disqualification of an entry, shall be final and binding without right of appeal. Awarding of the Prizes is subject to verification and compliance with these Official Sweepstakes Rules.
6. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are over the age of thirteen (13), except employees (and members of the immediate families and households of such employees) of Nestlé Canada Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and their respective affiliated and associated and related companies, agents, subsidiaries, suppliers, printers, and distributors, franchisees, participating retail stores, and all of their respective affiliates, directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Releasees"). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” means parents, children, siblings and spouse. Entries received after 11:59:59 PM ET on Monday, August 1, 2011, will be considered null and void and will not be eligible for the Prize draws. Each entrant under the age of majority must have the consent of his/her parent or legal guardian to submit his/her personal information in order to enter the Sweepstakes. The parent or legal guardian must complete all the required fields on the relevant portion of the Entry Form, including his/her name and address. If a parent or legal guardian does not provide consent, the entry will be disqualified. Entry forms shall be subject to verification and shall be null and void if they are found to not have been submitted in accordance with these Sweepstakes rules.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
7. Entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sweepstakes Judges, made in their sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
8. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures of game play etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and in no case shall be returned to sender.
9. The Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a Prize, if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor determines that the entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse or threaten or harass any other entrants or the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant failing to comply with these Official Rules or cooperate in any investigation or inquiry concerning such compliance. Any attempt, by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. Participant engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won. The Sponsor reserves the unfettered right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entries that they suspects were generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means, or otherwise violate the Official Rules.
10. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
11. Entrants and/or winners assume liability for injuries caused, or claimed to be caused by participating in the Sweepstakes, by the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize awarded, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury, or property damage.
12. POTENTIAL WINNERS: If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, declines to accept the Prize, fails to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, or fails to accept, complete and return a Declaration and complete Release and Waiver form, or in the event that a prize confirmation or Prize is returned undeliverable, the potential winner will forfeit his/her entitlement to the Prize, and the Sponsor may randomly select an alternate winner at its sole discretion. Potential winners (or parent or legal guardian as applicable), may be required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver’s license or other form of picture identification. By accepting a Prize, winners consent to the use of their names, addresses, voices, statements relating to the Sweepstakes or the Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or any related entities in connection with this Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law.
13. Any entry, or any other materials used in the Sweepstakes that have been tampered with, altered, reproduced, stolen, transferred, bartered, traded or auctioned (including but not limited to an online internet auction site), unissued, unauthorized, or not legitimately obtained, or which contain or reflect any error, will be void.
14. The Sponsor and the other Releasees are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to, technical malfunctions of telephone network lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software, viruses, bugs, failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, or failure of any email to be received by the Sponsor or a participant for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof. The Sponsor and the other Releasees are not responsible for damage to a user's system occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes.
No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for any postal mail or overnight delivery returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address. No P.O. Box addresses will be accepted as a valid delivery address. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for prizes after they have been shipped. The Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize. Winners bear all risk of loss or damages to prizes after delivery.
15. The Sponsor and the other Releasees do not warrant that access to or use of the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted or error-free.
16. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, without notice, or to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes at any time if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Sweepstakes or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Sweepstakes as contemplated by these Official Rules. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, if for any reason more entrants receive a “win” notice than the number of prizes stated herein, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Sweepstakes in whole or part, or amend or suspend it and award only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules via a random drawing for the prizes not yet distributed at the time the Sweepstakes is terminated, suspended or amended. In no event will the number of prizes awarded exceed the available number of prizes as specified in these Official Rules. In the event that any draws are stopped, interfered with or not conducted for any reason during the Sweepstakes Period, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to resume conducting draws as soon as reasonably possible after any interference or cessation of such draws. With respect to any draws that were not conducted, as contemplated by these Official Rules, the Sponsor also reserves the right in its sole discretion, to conduct some or all such draws at the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
17. This Sweepstakes is subject to all Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and no correspondence will be entered into except with selected participants who will be contacted by mail, phone or by email. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants consent to the use of their name and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or their agents without compensation. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
18. In the event of any discrepancies between the English language rules and the non-English language rules, the English rules shall prevail.
19. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to Ontario conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
Unless entrants otherwise indicated, the personal information gathered about entrants in the course of this Sweepstakes will be used solely by the Sponsor and solely for the administration of the Sweepstakes and in connection with any publicity relating to the Sweepstakes.
TRADEMARK NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: Facebook is not a Sponsor of this Sweepstakes. Facebook’s name and/or materials are used for purposes of promotion and such use is not intended to suggest or imply Facebook’s sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of this Sweepstakes.
TRADEMARK OWNER / PROPRIÉTAIRE DES MARQUES: SOCIÉTÉ DES PRODUITS NESTLÉ S.A., VEVEY, SWITZERLAND / SUISSE. LICENSEE / LICENCIÉ: NESTLÉ CANADA INC., NORTH YORK, ON M2N 6S8.