Insight Vacations Pay Back Your Parents Competition
Terms and Conditions - Game of Skill
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Insight Vacations Pty Limited (ABN 36 002 640 057) of 35 Grafton Street, Bondi Junction, NSW 2022 (telephone number (02) 9512 0767 (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 09:00 am on Wednesday 8th November and closes at 11.59pm Wednesday 13th December. (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to all Australian travel consultants over the age of 18 (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, consultants must submit a video through KarryOn’s hosted competition page (http://woobox.com/52yuck) of 2 minutes or less outlining why their parents deserve the trip of a lifetime with Insight Vacations. ‘Parents’ do not have to biological and may instead be a ‘parent-like figure’ as defined by the entrant. By submitting, consultants agree for their entry to be shared with KarryOn Travel who will post the entries on their website for the purposes of judging (see below).
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Eligible Entrants are permitted multiple entries.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
10) Entries will be judged on originality and creativity.
11) Judging will take place at 12pm on Thursday 14th December at the office of the Promoter. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter.
12) The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
13) There will be one major prize comprising of a trip for two on the winner’s choice of an Insight Vacations trip of up to 12 days from the 2018 Europe & Britain brochure (blackout dates apply) plus, return economy flights for two to Europe from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth, to the chosen trip’s start and end cities. The maximum total major prize value is AU$13,500, based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes. There will also be four weekly prizes:
Week One: a $200 RedBalloon gift voucher for the winner’s parents.
Week Two: a $200 Good Food gift card for the winner’s parents.
Week Three: a $500 hotel gift voucher for the winner’s parents.
Week Three: a $200 Good Food gift card for the winner.
14) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner’s parents are unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any person other than the winner’s parents (or ‘parent-like figures’ as spoken about in the submitted video), unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
15) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
16) The major prize winner will be notified by email by Thursday 14th December. The weekly prize winners will be notified by email. Each winner’s name will be published through karryon.com.au in the weeks that follow.
Right of the Promoter to rejudge
17) The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 18th January 2018 a second round of judging will be conducted by the Adjudicator at 12pm 22nd January 2018 at the same time and place as the original judging, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email by 12pm 23rd January 2018.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
18) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
19) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
20) The exclusion of liability in clause 20 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
21) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and video of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
22) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
23) At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php, and other related policies.
24) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Fringe Benefits Tax
25) Receipt of a prize may have Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) implications. To the extent that there is any FBT liability, this will be paid for by the employer of the recipient. The grossed-up value of a prize and any other Fringe Benefits the recipient receives during the course of the FBT year may be reported on the recipient's annual PAYG Payment Summary as required by taxation law.