It’s the spookiest time of year! We're celebrating by hosting a Halloween Piano Costume Contest!
To participate, we invite you to first learn Toccata in D Minor by Johann Sebastian Bach using one of the two tutorials found below. Select from the Early Elementary (Units 1-4) or Elementary-Intermediate level (Unit 5+) to get started.
Then, it’s time to get into a costume of your choice and record a video (or take a photo) of you playing the song! You can submit a video or photo by completing the form below the video tutorials.
Suggested tutorials for students by Unit:
- Units 1-4: Early Elementary Tutorial.
- Units 5-8: Elementary-Intermediate Tutorial, stop at measure 8.
- Units 9-12: Elementary-Intermediate Tutorial, stop at measure 21.
- Units 13+: Elementary-Intermediate Tutorial--Try the whole thing!
These are just suggestions--if you want to challenge yourself to learn more--go for it!
Prizes will be awarded to USA/Canada participants in the following categories:
- Best Costume
- People’s Choice (You can vote on other's entries using the "Vote" button above!)
- Best Posture
- Best Video Production/editing (Judged by our very own lesson videographer, Nick!)
- Best overall performance for Early Elementary
- Best overall performance for Elementary-Intermediate
For those participating outside the USA or Canada, an Amazon gift card will be awarded of similar value due to shipping limitations.
The deadline to enter is October 31st, 2021 at 11:59 pm PDT.
- A reusable cloth tote bag
- A reusable water bottle
- A snazzy pen
- A noteworthy notebook
- A Hoffman Academy sticker
- A youth t-shirt
- Note: For those participating outside the USA or Canada, an Amazon gift card will be awarded with a comparable value.