Please read ALL of this information before completing your submission. For you submission to be included, all details below must be completed. The video can not be over 60 seconds (no exceptions).
By entering into this drawing, you understand that:
1. You must reside within a 45-mile radius of Mellwood Art Center 1860 Mellwood Ave, Louisville, KY 40206.
2. You are a current teacher or first responder (including police, fire, and EMS).
3. If you are chosen as a finalist, you must be able to attend the wedding show on January 6, 2024 from 3pm - 5pm at The Henry Clay at 604 S 3rd St, Louisville, KY 40202.
4. The Wedding and Reception will take place on Sunday, June 9, 2024 at Mellwood Art Center.
5. No substitutions for vendors. No exceptions.
6. An agreement must be signed by any and all parties included in the wedding ceremony and reception as well as the meetings, promotions, and any meetings, interviews, events, etc. that arise from this drawing.
By submitting you have read and understand the following agreement:
A. LWN is engaged in the promotion of wedding shows and/or other related event productions to Brides and/or Grooms in the Louisville, Kentucky area, with its various members, all as independent contractors, being the vendors and/or suppliers who directly sell and/or render goods and/or services with respect to all facets of wedding events (collectively, to be broadly construed, the “Services”).
B. LWN shall conduct a random “Drawing” from Brides and/or Grooms who either one meet the following criteria, namely Brides and/or Grooms must (i) reside within a 45 mile radius of the “Mellwood Art Center” located at 1860 Mellwood Avenue, Louisville, Kentucky 40206 ; (ii) are currently employed as a teacher and/or first responder; (iii) are currently engaged; and (iv) with all Brides and Grooms having executed this Agreement.
C. The Bride and/or Groom winning the Drawing will be provided a wedding ceremony and reception (the “Wedding/Reception”) for a limited number of guests at no cost to the Bride and/or Groom to be held at the Mellwood Art Center on Sunday, June 9, 2024 (any guests over such specified number shall be at the sole cost of the Bride and/or Groom).
D. The Wedding/Reception shall be totally arranged by LWN in its sole discretion, using such goods and/or services as solely provided by the various members of LWN without any substitution in the upscale production of the Wedding/Reception. For the avoidance of all doubt, LWN controls the production of the Wedding/Reception in all respects including, but not limited to, the procurement of wedding invitations; flowers, catering, rentals, bartending, travel planners, formal wear, bridal gowns, officiant, use of wedding coordinators, photographers, videographers, security personnel, venue insurance, and limousine and/or local venue transportation services.
E. LWN shall use the Wedding/Reception in its future marketing and promotion of its Services for its own commercial benefit, reserving all of its rights and all copyrights with respect thereto, whether in pictures, videos, stories and other aspects of the Wedding/Reception.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the terms and provisions contained herein, and incorporating the above Recitals in their entirety, the Parties agree as follows:
For the good and valuable consideration in possibly becoming the Bride and/or Groom that wins the random Drawing (which constitutes a considerable amount of money), both Bride and Groom must be signatories to this Agreement, as well as any of their respective family members, collectively, each agreeing to the below stated terms and conditions:
• Bride/Groom agrees that LWN, and/or its members, agents, representatives and contractors, shall have the right to attend the Wedding/Reception at the Mellwood Art Center for the purposes of recording, filming, taping and/or photographing the Wedding/Reception and to use all such production media for its own commercial benefit in the future, in all forms of social media or format;
• Bride/Groom agrees that LWN has the right to use interview Bride/Groom, to take and/or utilize motion and still pictures of Bride/Groom and recordings of Bride’s and/or Groom’s voice, Bride’s and/or Groom’s social medial handles, and any copyrightable materials Bride and/or Groom may create;
• LWN has the right to use the Bride’s and/or Groom’s likeness, name and information, or any derivative works with respect thereof, all regarding LWN’s promotional activities;
• All rights of every kind in such recordings in all formats and media now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, all copyrights therein and all renewals, extensions and restorations of said copyrights) shall be solely owned in perpetuity by LWN;
• Under no circumstances may Bride and/or Groom prevent or inhibit LWN’s exhibition, distribution, broadcast or other use or exploitation of any audio or video recordings made with respect to the Wedding/Reception;
• Without LWN having any liability whatsoever, or Bride and/or Groom ever having any recourse against LWN, the Wedding/Reception may be delayed, postponed and/or cancelled, in LWN’s sole discretion, in the event of any “Force Majeure Event” beyond the control of LWN and/or its members, vendors and/or suppliers including, but not limited to, acts of weather, tornadoes, floods, loss of utilities, epidemics, pandemics, inability to procure goods and/or services, etc.;
• Bride and Groom each waives and agrees never to bring any cause of action against LWN and/or any of its members, agents or representatives with respect to personal injury, wrongful death or property damage to Bride, Groom and/or any invitees and/or guests at the Wedding/Reception with any and all such liability likely being the responsibility of the Mellwood Art Center being the venue host; subject, however, to the applicability of the Mellwood Art Center’s insurance coverage and its policy limits;
• Each of Bride and Groom releases, waives and agrees to never bring any cause or action against LWN and/or any of its members, agents or representatives including, but not limited to, negligence; physical damages, libel; slander; defamation; infliction of emotional distress; mental injury; invasion of privacy, publicity or personality; or breach of contract or otherwise, to the extent either of Bride and/or Groom is, or should ever become, dissatisfied with any aspects of the Services rendered by LWN and/or by its members, agents or representatives at the Wedding/Reception, with Bride and Groom never to verbally disparage and/or post any negative information on social media or to otherwise disparage or defame LWN’s business and/or any of its members, agents or representatives;
• Neither of Bride or Groom shall be entitled to recission, equitable or injunctive relief, all of which Bride and/ Groom knowingly waives;
• LWN is not responsible for the loss, theft or damage of any personal property of Bride and Groom at the Wedding/Reception;
• LWN reserves the right to recover any attorney’s fees and/or court costs in the event either of Bride or Groom are in breach of this Agreement; and
• The Bride’s and Groom’s guests shall assist LWN and/or its security agents in preventing any property damage caused by Bride’s and/or Groom’s guests and/or invitees at the Wedding/Reception.
Binding Effect. This Agreement shall be binding upon, and inure to the benefit of, both Parties and their respective heirs, successors and assigns.
Governing Law; Venue. This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Any legal action instituted must be in Jefferson County, Kentucky.
Section Heading. The section headings in this Agreement are used for convenience purposes only and shall not be considered in the interpretation or construction of this Agreement.
Notice. Any notice, approval or consent required to be given by either Party hereto shall be in writing and sent postage prepaid by certified mail or registered mail, return receipt requested, addressed to the applicable Party as herein provided, or sent via both delivery and read email receipts between the Parties.
Construction. Words of any gender used in this Agreement shall be held to include any other gender, and words in the singular number shall be held to include the plural, when the sense requires.
Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the Parties hereto, and may not be modified orally or in any other manner, other than by agreement in writing signed by the Parties hereto.