2017 TISSUE CHIPS IN SPACE MISSION PATCH CONTEST
Official Rules of the Contest
SPONSOR: The Center for the Advancement of Science in Space, Inc., (“CASIS”) is the official Sponsor of this contest. The contest is hosted in the United States. By submitting an entry, each contestant understands and agrees to the official rules of the contest.
TERM: The Contest starts August 8, 2017 and ends September 8, 2017 at 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EDT). Voting for favorite designs starts September 9, 2017 and ends September 16, 2017. On September 18, 2017 a “Crowd Favorite” design will be selected from each grade level identified below. CASIS will publish the Crowd Favorite winner(s) and the grade level finalists on its website.
WHO MAY ENTER THE CONTEST? The contest is open to U.S. residents only. Individuals affiliated with CASIS, including officers, directors, employees, government personnel and their immediate families (children, siblings, spouses) and others living in their household, including anyone involved in the selection or execution of the contest are not eligible for any prizes.
WHAT ARE THE RULES OF THE CONTEST AND PRIZES? Anyone in Grades 4 and up may participate in the contest. Three (3) finalist will be selected from each grade level below:
- Grades 4-8
- Grades 9-12
- Above Grade 12
Grade level finalists will receive a goodie bag containing stickers, posters, and keychains from CASIS and Space Station Explorers. The “Crowd Favorite” winner will receive a goodie bag themed around the Space Station, and will be featured in a story on the Space Station Explorers website: http://www.spacestationexplorers.org/tags/iss/. The approximate retail value (APR) of the goodie bag is $10.00.
Three (3) finalists will be selected from each Grade Level identified above. The “Crowd Favorite” winner is selected based on the number of votes received from the public. In the event of ties, CASIS will make the final decision which is binding. If CASIS does not receive a sufficient number of designs meeting the entry requirements, it may, at its discretion, select fewer finalists or winners.
WHERE DO I SUBMIT MY DESIGN?
Entrants must complete the form located at http://woobox.com/45txpn . The Image must be uploaded in one of the following formats: JPG, PNG, or GIF.
HOW MANY TIMES MAY I SUBMIT A DESIGN?
There is no limit in the amount of designs that may be submitted by an entrant.
IS THERE A FEE TO ENTER THE CONTEST?
No, this contest is free to all eligible entrants.
DOES THE WINNING DESIGN OR CONCEPT BECOME THE OFFICIAL MISSION PATCH?
The Crowd Favorite Winner’s design may be used in whole or part, or not at all. CASIS may use the Crowd Favorite Winner’s design as an inspiration.
ARE ENTRANTS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WHAT CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AM I AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST?
- Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Center for Advancement of Science in Space, Inc., (“CASIS”) and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, subcontractors, consultants and agents (the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all direct and third party liability, claim, injury, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest, or any prize won
- Entrants agree the Indemnified Parties are not responsible for incomplete or misdirected entries, technical or network malfunctions or failures, or causes beyond their control. Entrants are solely responsible for their entries. Entrants may not submit materials that introduce any software viruses, worms or other programs designed to damage software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or are off-topic, partisan-political, contain advertising, nudity, personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, sexually explicit, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
- Entrants agree and understand that submitting photos that depict other people’s work (such as sculptures, statues, paintings, and other copyrightable works) may need to obtain a release from the rights holder and provide it to CASIS upon request.
- Entrants understand that, by accepting a prize, CASIS may use of your proper name and State of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
- You understand the contest is governed by the laws of the State of Florida. All contestants consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts in the State of Florida for any disputes that may arise out of this Contest.
- Agree that use of information in our representatives' unaided memories in the development or deployment of our products or services does not create liability for us under this agreement or copyright or trade secret law.
- You grant CASIS (and those authorized by CASIS) a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any CASIS purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion, its website, exhibition, and commercial products, including but not limited to CASIS publications. You will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry. CASIS will not be required to pay any consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
- Entrants agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required by CASIS and our designees to make use of the rights grant to CASIS herein.
- You understand the contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. You understand that CASIS has no interest or hand in producing the Entrant’s submitted design and content.
- CASIS reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its discretion, and at any time. In the event of a dispute regarding the winners, CASIS reserves the right to award or not award the prizes in its sole discretion. CASIS reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose entry or conduct appears in any way to: inhibit the enjoyment of others; tamper with the competition; violate these rules or other applicable law or regulation; infringe on the rights of third parties; or act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- CASIS’ decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest.