Terms and Conditions for The Great Southern Cake-off brought to you by Gilbert’s Fine Food:
- You must register before Friday 25th October 12:30pm and be over the age of 14 yrs.
- For the decorating competition you will need to create a cake within the theme 'Iconic South' on a minimum 20cm round cake - this can be one you have baked or a dummy cake as it will not be judged on taste
- For the Chocolate Cake competition you will need to bake and ice a cake a minimum of one 20cm round tier
- Cake needs to be shelf stable
- Your cakes will be judged by Alison Lambert and Kevin Gilbert from Gilbert’s Fine Food.
- You will receive an email by Monday 28th October letting you know if you have been selected to bring your cake to the show
- The email will contain other relevant information about the competition about where your cake is to be deliveed and where it will be displayed.
- You will be required to bring your cake to the Home & Living Show on Sunday 3rd November between 9am - 10:30am
- Winners will be announced on the competition stage at 3.45pm.
- All selected entries will receive 2 free tickets to the Home & Living Show for Sunday 3rd November.
Judging criteria / weightings:
Chocolate Cake Category:
- This cake will be judged on flavour, overall quality, technique and visual appeal
Iconic South Decorating Category:
- This cake will be judged on decoration skills and technique, visual appeal and overall creativity. A dummy cake may be used for this category