Helzberg Diamonds: “I Am Loved” Gift Card Online Contest
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins August 7, 2019, at 8:00:01 AM Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) and ends September 30, 2019, at 11:59:59 AM CDT (“Contest Entry Period”), by which time all entries must be received. The computer clock of Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: To enter this Contest, you must be (a) a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and (b) be of the legal age of majority in your state of residence at the time of entry, and (c) not be an employee, officer or director of Sponsor or any of its affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, dealers/distributors/wholesalers, retailers, or advertising or promotional agencies, or a spouse, parent, sibling, child, or household members of one of the above-identified affiliates or individuals. Individuals who identify a P.O. Box address are not eligible. The Contest is void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited by law.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By submitting an Entry, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and acknowledge that the decisions of Sponsor in this Contest are final and binding. Winning a Prize is contingent upon meeting the eligibility requirements contained herein and timely submitting an Entry in accordance with these Official Rules.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: To enter the Contest, during the Contest Entry Period, you must meet the eligibility requirements above, and you must (1) share a photo or video and a caption to complete the blank in the following sentence "I know I am loved because ____________" on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #IAmLovedContest, OR (2) go to https://woobox.com/4yfvkf and submit a photo or video and a caption to complete the blank in the following sentence "I know I am loved because _____________" (each, an "Entry"). Your Entry, including your username or profile name, will be entered into an online database by our distribution center for entry into the Contest. While you may have the option to share information about the Contest via social media or other means, doing so will not change your chance of winning.
- PRIZES: During the Contest, the following prize will be awarded to five (5) confirmed Winners of the Contest: one (1) $250 gift card to Helzberg Diamonds that may be redeemed at any Helzberg Diamonds store or by calling 1-800-HELZBERG (each, a "Prize").
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer Prize or redeem Prize for cash, and Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute Prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Total verifiable retail value of each Prize: $250.
- JUDGING CRITERIA & JUDGING PROCESS: Selected members of Sponsor's management and agents will serve as judges (the "Judges") to review and judge valid Entries based on the Judging Criteria set forth below. After the end of the Contest Entry Period, five (5) potential prize Winners will be chosen by the Judges from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Entry Period. Odds of winning cannot be determined because they depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Entry Period, the number of eligible Entries you submit, and the quality of each eligible Entry. Each Entry will be judged on the following criteria: originality, creativity, sincerity, photo or video quality, and writing quality. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding. As a condition to final selection as a Winner, the entrant must comply with the Prize acceptance requirements below. You are not a Winner of any Prize, even if the Contest should so indicate, unless and until your eligibility and your Entry have been verified and you have been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any entry that occurs after the online system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective entry and is void and will not be honored.
- HOW TO ACCEPT YOUR PRIZE: If you are selected as a potential Winner of a Prize, you will receive a comment on your Entry post or a direct message from Sponsor (each such communication, a "Notice"). You must respond to Sponsor as directed in the Notice within 48 hours. Within forty-eight (48) hours after that, Sponsor will provide you with directions as to how to complete the Prize claim process, including providing your full mailing address and other prize claim details. You may be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability/Publicity Release, and/or a Prize Acceptance Agreement (collectively, the "Documentation"). If a potential Winner does not respond to any Notice within the time specified therein, or does not complete, sign, and return any required Documentation within the time period prescribed at the time of receipt of such Documentation, or otherwise is not in compliance with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, he/she is not a Winner of the Prize. A selected Winner that meets all eligibility requirements, satisfactorily completes the verification and Documentation process described above, and otherwise complies with these Official Rules, will be deemed a Winner and sent the Prize indicated. Please allow six (6) to eight (8) weeks for delivery of Prize after verification as a Winner and completion of any Documentation.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By submitting an Entry, each entrant: (a) agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Carmichael Lynch, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded Prize; (b) represents and warrants that his/her Entry meets all of the above entry requirements and that entrant has obtained any and all necessary third party consents in connection with the submission of his/her Entry, including, without limitation, the consent of any person who is named or appears in the Entry or who assisted in the creation of the Entry, and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to require proof of such consent, (c) grants to Sponsor and its affiliates an irrevocable, perpetual, unrestricted and worldwide right to use of his/her name, voice, performance, Entry, and/or likeness for any purpose, including but not limited to programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, whether or not such use is related to this Contest (including, but not limited to, reposting such Entry on Sponsor's website and social media platforms), now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without attribution by entrant name, prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use, if required in the sole discretion of Sponsor, and (d) grants Sponsor the right to use the information collected from the Contest to contact him/her in the future via digital communications like website and social media ads and email with respect to new products, options or promotional offers thought to be of interest to him/her, whether or not related to this Contest. In addition, an Entry must not: (i) violate or infringe any copyright, privacy or publicity right, or other proprietary or intellectual property right of any person or entity or (ii) be defamatory, libelous, profane, vulgar, obscene or otherwise illegal, objectionable or inappropriate as determined by Sponsor, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify at any time any Entry it deems not in compliance with these Official Rules. In addition, to the extent moral rights (for example, the right to attribution and the right to integrity) apply in the applicable jurisdiction, each entrant waives (and to the extent that these may not be waived, agrees irrevocably not to assert) his/her moral rights in his/her Entry, including, without limitation, Sponsor’s use of all or part of entrant’s Entry in connection with the Contest or for other purposes unrelated to this Contest.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries or additional entries, additional entries or shares, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries or additional entries, posts or shares, the announcement of the Prizes, or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised for any reason, including virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest (or portion thereof) and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential Winner(s) from all eligible, non-suspect entries and additional entries received for the applicable drawing(s) prior to action taken. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY. By entering, each entrant releases and holds harmless the Released Parties from any and all liabilities, losses, damages, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), claims and actions of any kind (collectively, “Claims”) arising from participation in the Contest, Sponsor’s use of any content submitted as part of an Entry, and from acceptance of any awarded Prize, including, without limitation, Claims based on publicity rights, moral rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Without limiting the generality of such release, each entrant agrees that Released Parties are not responsible for any third party’s unauthorized use of any Entry (or any portion thereof or any derivative thereto). Further, without limiting the foregoing, each entrant hereby specifically waives any and all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Released Parties from Claims arising from any claim made by any party relative to Sponsor’s right to use content submitted as part of an Entry or from acceptance of any awarded Prize as described above.
- RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES AND GOVERNING LAW: Each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.. All Claims, issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether the State of Missouri or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Missouri.
- WINNER’S LIST: For a list of the winners (available after October 31, 2019), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Attn: “I Am Loved” Gift Card Online Contest, Helzberg Diamonds, 1825 Swift Avenue, North Kansas City, MO 64116, for receipt no later than December 31, 2020.
- SPONSOR: Helzberg Diamonds, 1825 Swift Avenue, North Kansas City, MO 64116.
- Privacy: Sponsor and its authorized agents will collect, use, and disclose the personal information you provide when you enter the Contest for the purposes of administering the Contest and prize fulfillment. The Contest web site may be hosted on servers in the United States, and the personal information you provide may therefore also be subject to the laws of the United States.