NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. MUST BE 18 YEARS AND A TEXAS RESIDENT TO ENTER. CONTEST ENDS DECEMBER 27, 2020.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Central Market Make the Most Merry Gingerbread Decorating Contest (the “Contest”) begins December 1, 2020 at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on December 27, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY. To participate in the Contest, entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age on date of entry and a legal resident of Texas. All entries subject to verification by H‑E‑B, LP, doing business as Central Market (“H‑E‑B” or “Sponsor”) to determine eligibility. Employees of H-E-B, Central Market, and their respective officers, directors, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, vendors, sales representatives, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, and the members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as including parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, and each of their respective spouses) and household members (whether related or not) of any of the above are not eligible. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void outside Texas and where prohibited by law.
PHOTO SUBMISSION. All Photo Submissions should depict a decorated gingerbread character (person, animal, object, etc.) or gingerbread house. Photo Submissions are not required to include any products purchased at Central Market. All entries and Photo Submissions become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
ALL SUBMISSIONS. Proof that an entrant submitted an entry or uploaded a Photo Submission to enter Contest does not constitute evidence that Sponsor actually received either one within the Contest Period. By entering, entrant represents that each Photo Submission is their own original work; that neither the Photo Submission itself nor the act of preparing the Photo Submission infringes or infringed on the property or other rights of any third party; and the Photo Submission has not been submitted in any other contest or won any award in any contest. Modifying, enhancing, or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as entrant’s original creation. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or Photo Submission that it determines (in its sole discretion) to contain any content that is obscene, defamatory, dangerous, discriminatory, infringing, or otherwise inappropriate or unsuitable for publication to general audiences, or that contains any trademarks other than those of Sponsor. All entrants must use caution and common sense in creating their Photo Submissions.
- LIMIT. Limit one (1) entry per person. Multiple entrants are not permitted to submit a joint entry or submit entries using the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- JUDGING. Entries will be divided into nine (9) entry pools according to the Central Market store location designated by the entrant on their entry form. All eligible Photo Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by Sponsor for each Central Market store location entry pool based on the following criteria: creativity/originality (33%), reflection of theme (33%), and overall execution (34%). In the event of a relevant tie, the entrant with the highest score in creativity/originality will be judged the winner. If a tie still remains, the entrant with the highest score in overall execution will be deemed the winner. If a tie still remains, the tied entries will be re-judged on the same criteria. Potential winners will be notified on or about Friday, January 15, 2021 or earlier, by telephone and/or email.
- PRIZES. Grand Prize (Eighteen (18) available; Two (2) per Central Market store location entry pool). Each Grand Prize winner will receive a Central Market Gift Card valued at $500. Prize is non-transferable, non-substitutable, and may not be redeemed for cash. Sponsor is not responsible for inability of a winner to accept or use prize, and prize may be forfeited if a winner cannot accept or use it. Sponsor is not responsible if prize is lost, stolen, damaged, and/or destroyed. All taxes, fees, and other expenses not specified herein, including without limitation, income taxes associated with the prize and its receipt, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Gift cards are subject to applicable terms and conditions, including dormancy fees and expiration, if any. At its option, Sponsor may issue documentation of any prize value to the Internal Revenue Service or other appropriate tax authorities.
- RIGHTS. By submitting a Photo Submission, entrants warrant that it is their wholly original creation and does not infringe any copyright, trademark, publicity, privacy, or other proprietary right of any third party, union, or guild. Entrants further warrant that they have received consent from anyone other than entrant who appears within the Photo Submission for their inclusion in the Photo Submission, and entrants may be required to provide proof of such consent. If anyone who appears within the Photo Submission is a minor, entrants warrant that they have received permission from a parent or guardian of such minor for their inclusion in the Photo Submission, and entrants may be required to provide proof of such permission. By submitting a Photo Submission, entrants grant Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, and/or modify the Photo Submission in any way, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, without limitation and without notice or consideration to the entrant. By submitting a Photo Submission, entrants in the Contest further agree that their entry constitutes an assignment of all rights, title and intellectual property rights in and to their Photo Submission to Sponsor as a condition of competing for a prize, including the right to make any derivative version of the entrant’s Photo Submission, and absolute discretion to alter the entrant’s Photo Submission in any way, including without limitation editing, blurring, cropping, reformatting, title changes, and removal or addition of any element. Sponsor may require a prize winner to execute documents to confirm his or her transfer of rights, otherwise prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected based in the criteria stated herein.
- RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION, AND HOLD HARMLESS: Entrants and/or anyone who appears within the Photo Submission grant permission to Sponsor to use their Photo Submissions, any derivatives/portions thereof, names, likenesses, and biographical information for promotional or advertising purposes in all media worldwide, without notice or further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating or accepting a prize, entrants hereby agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, and agents, (collectively the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability, or loss, damage, harm, injury, claim, cause of action, cost, or expense (including but not limited to personal injury, death, or property loss) which may occur in connection with use of the Website (including but not limited to damage to entrants’ or others’ computer equipment resulting from participation); their preparation for or participation in the Contest or preparation of any Photo Submission; any communication with the Sponsor related to the Contest; or from their acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of a prize. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold the Releasees harmless from and against any claims, suits, losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, which arise in connection with any allegation that their Photo Submission violates the intellectual property rights of any third party. Potential winners will be notified by email phone or postal mail, and will be required to execute and return a Release of Liability and Publicity and Affidavit of Eligibility within fourteen (14) days of first attempted written prize notification, or they may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner selected based on the criteria stated herein. Any person appearing in a winning Photo Submission may be required to execute a publicity/liability release or such winning entry may be disqualified. TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS’ ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR THE PREPARATION OF ANY PHOTO SUBMISSION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters pertaining to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right but not the obligation to reassign an entry to another entry pool in its sole discretion at any time and for any reason, and to re-judge a Photo Submission after a reassignment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify an entry if it determines in its sole discretion that the entrant failed to identify the store nearest to its home in good faith. The Sponsor, its officers, directors, agents, and employees are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (a) garbled, illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, late, lost or failed entries; (b) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor which may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (c) any losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize, or resulting from acceptance or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; (d) any losses or damages of any kind resulting from an entrant’s use of any internet-based services, or from any violation of or disagreement with the policies, terms, or conditions of such services; (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest; (f) any use of an entrant’s name, likeness, or voice. Texas law shall apply to this Contest. Any claims must be resolved in the state of Texas and, by entering, entrants consent to Texas courts having sole and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any claim or dispute arising out of or relating to the Contest. By entering, each entrant grants permission to Sponsor to use his or her name, likeness, voice, and biographical information for advertising, promotional, and/or public relations purposes. This grant is perpetual in duration and not subject to any condition precedent such as prior approval of promotional materials.
- WINNER’S LIST. To obtain the winners’ list, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by February 28, 2021 to: Central Market Make the Most Merry Gingerbread Decorating Contest, c/o Central Market Division Marketing, 3890 West Northwest Highway, Suite 300, Dallas, Texas 75220.
- SPONSOR. Sponsor is H‑E‑B, LP d/b/a Central Market, 3890 West Northwest Highway, Suite 300, Dallas, Texas 75220. WooBox is the trademark and service mark of WooBox, LLC.