I Love Blue Bell! Sweepstakes
Official Sweepstakes Rules
Albertsons – Tom Thumb - Randalls
NO PURCHASE OR OTHER CONSIDERATION IS NECESSARY to participate in this Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase chances of winning. Open only to legal U.S. residents of TX. Must be 18 years of age or older as of date of entry.
Sponsor/Administrator: Albertsons Companies, Inc., 2401 E. Randol Mill Road, Arlington TX, 76011
1. HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes runs from 8:00 am CST July 5, 2021 and ends at 10:00 pm CST on July 31, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.albertsons.com/ilovebluebell OR www.tomthumb.com/ilovebluebell OR www.randalls.com/ilovebluebelland follow the instructions to enter, all information must be complete, and a photo of your favorite Blue Bell ice cream must be included for valid entry. All online entries must be received by 10:00 pm CT on July 31, 2021. By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Photo Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined in Section 6 below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Or, to enter without uploading a photo, hand print your Full Name, E-Mail Address, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Age, and Daytime Telephone Number on a 3” x 5” card and mail to: ATTN: Kallie Simpson 2401 E. Randol Mill Road, Arlington TX, 76011.Limit one entry per person per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be received by 5:00p.m. CST on August 3, 2021.
2. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON OR HOUSEHOLD, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. By uploading your Submission, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one entry during the Sweepstakes Period by using multiple/different Accounts, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s Submissions and that participant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry method will void all entries and result in disqualification. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final on all matters. All entries received after the stated deadlines are void and ineligible for prize. All entries become the property of the Sweepstakes Administrator and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. RANDOM PRIZE DRAWING, PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
In a random drawing to be held on August 5, 2021, one (1) prize winner will be selected from all eligible entries received to win an ice cream party for 20 guests. ARV: $550 The prize winners will be contacted via the contact information provided on the Website or mail-in entry. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Prize cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner and may not be claimed or used by any person other than the winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Prize will be awarded by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items during delivery and Sponsor will not replace any lost, stolen or damaged prize items after a prize has been claimed. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. Within two days of being notified, winner must claim prize and sign all required paperwork. Prizes not claimed by this date will be forfeited. Sponsor will attempt to contact winner a maximum of three (2) times.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
5. ELIGIBILITY: All entrants must be legal U.S. residents of Texas. All entrants must be at least 18 years old as of date of entry. Directors, officers, and employees (including their immediate families and members of the same household) of Albertsons Companies, Inc., or its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries or divisions and their advertising and promotional agencies (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws” (whether or not they live in the same household) as well as persons living in the same household. Only one (1) entry per household, regardless of entry method. Void where prohibited.
6. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Submission cannot: (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain or reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain or reference trademarks, logos (except Sponsor’s) or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product (except Sponsor’s) of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (e) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (f) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and (h) found to be copies of other Submissions previously entered in the Sweepstakes or to contain content plagiarized from other websites and/or publications.
By entering a Submission you warrant and represent that: (a) it has not been previously published; (b) it has not received previous awards; (c) it does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (d) the other participants depicted in the Submission, if any, have given written consent to its entry into the Sweepstakes and use as contemplated by these Official Rules (or their parent’s or legal guardian’s written consent if individuals are minors); and (e) publication of the Submission via various media including Web posting and posting in social media, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any claims to the contrary. Any Submission that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication or inclusion in the Sweepstakes for any reason will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes.
Entries submitted via your wireless mobile device may be subject to standard text messaging and/or data rates for each Submission or message sent or received from the handset according to the terms and conditions of the wireless carrier’s service agreement. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile device bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means you understand you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are the winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your mobile device’s capabilities for specific instructions.
7. RELEASE: By entering, all participants agree to release and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all claims, actions, damages, losses, costs, expenses, and liability of any kind (including, without limitation, property damage, personal injuries and/or death, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, counsel fees, and court costs) arising from anything relating to (a) promotion, execution or administration of, or participation in, the Sweepstakes; (b) cancellation or modification of any aspect of the Sweepstakes; (c) use of any web site or other materials related to the Sweepstakes; (d) acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or nonuse of any prize; or (e) participating in or traveling to any Sweepstakes-related activity. Winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release as a condition to claiming the prize.
8. DISCLAIMER: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware or software failure or malfunctions, lost or unavailable network or other telecommunications connections, or lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, disconnected, or delayed entries or communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the services, equipment or programming associated with or used in this Sweepstakes, or by any human error which may occur in the execution of this Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of any of the Sweepstakes Entities, Sponsor/Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or determine an alternate method of awarding the prize(s).
9. LICENSE: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, image and/or biographical information and statements for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in perpetuity, in any media known and hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval by the Winner and those acting under Sponsor’s authority.
10. TAXES: If required by law, Sweepstakes Administrator will report the total value of the prize to the IRS and furnish winner with a federal Form 1099-MISC. Winners must provide their social security number and, if requested, a completed Form W-9 to Sweepstakes Administrator for tax reporting purposes, and are solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes incurred as a result of the award of a prize.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Failure to conform to all Sweepstakes rules, or any fraud or other illegal or inappropriate conduct on the part of an entrant or on an entrant’s behalf, will result in the entrant's disqualification and forfeiture of any prize won. Sweepstakes Administrator/Sponsor reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify this Sweepstakes and these Official Rules at any time, which changes will become effective upon announcement. By taking part in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the judges, who are employees of Sweepstakes Administrator and whose decisions with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstakes are final and binding. As a condition to participating in this Sweepstakes each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and all causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ada County, Idaho, having competent jurisdiction, which court shall apply the laws of the State of Idaho, without regard to the conflicts of law principles thereof; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The entrant and Sweepstakes Administrator hereby waive any and all right to trial by jury. If any provision of these Official Rules is declared or found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, unenforceable or void, then such provision will be null and void but each other provision hereof not so affected will be enforced to the full extent permitted by applicable law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
13. WINNER’S LIST: The list of winners is available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Albertsons Companies, Inc., Attn: I Love Blue Bell! Sweepstakes/Kallie Simpson, 2401 E. Randol Mill Rd., Arlington TX, 76011 within 30 days after the Sweepstakes concludes.
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES—ABBREVIATED COPY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF WINNING.
Open only to legal U.S. residents of TX who are 18 or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins at 8:00am CST on July 5, 2021 and ends at 10:00pm CST on July 31, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). For Official Rules, online entry requirements, free method of entry, and complete details, visit: www.albertsons.com/ilovebluebell OR www.tomthumb.com/ilovebluebell. Sponsor: Albertsons Companies, Inc.