1,000 PLACES ITALIAN GETAWAY
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: The 1,000 PLACES ITALIAN GETAWAY Sweepstakes (hereinafter “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia), Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec), and Europe who are 18 years old or older at the time of entry (hereinafter “Entrant”). Employees, officers and representatives of Workman Publishing Co., Inc. (hereinafter “Sponsor”), BRIC’s Milano (hereinafter a “Promotional Partner 1”), and Trafalgar (hereinafter “Promotional Partner 2”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, officer or representative are not eligible to participate, and those involved in the creation, advertising, development, production (including prize suppliers), implementation and distribution of the Sweepstakes and their directors, officers and agents or any other persons or entities directly associated with the Sweepstakes are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Odds of winning in the Sweepstakes will depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawings. VOID IN the Province of QUEBEC, PUERTO RICO AND WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. Sponsor: Workman Publishing Co., Inc., 225 Varick St., New York, NY 10014.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these official rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes.
4. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 am Eastern Time October 29, 2019 and ends at 11:59 pm Eastern Time November 27, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
5. How to Enter: Go to https://woobox.com/8yurrw and follow the links and instructions for entry. Fill in your name, complete address (including zip code), email address, and follow each promotional partner on Instagram. Limit one entry per Entrant. For a bonus entry to win First Place prize, tag a friend in a comment on any of the promotional partners’ Instagram sweepstakes announcement posts that will appear on October 29, 2019. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete entries. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
6. Selection of Winner: One (1) Grand Prize winner and Ten (10) First Prize winners will be chosen at random in a drawing conducted on or about December 2, 2019 from all eligible entries received. The winners will be notified by mail, or e-mail by December 7, 2019. If a winner cannot be reached or does not acknowledge notification within five (5) days of the first notification attempt, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. The Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility within ten (10) days after the notification date, or an alternate Grand Prize winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries received. If the winner chosen is from Canada, he/she will be required to answer a skill-testing question.
7. Sweepstakes Prizes:
(a) Sweepstakes Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive: one (1) signed copy of the 1,000 Places to See Before You Die (Deluxe Edition) book and two (2) 1,000 Places luggage tags from Sponsor: one (1) 2-piece Bellagio luggage set from Promotional Partner 1: and one (1) Northern Italy Including Cinque Terre vacation for two (2) adults from Promotional Partner 2, detailed as follows:
· Trip from Promotional Partner 2 is subject to blackout dates and availability. Trip must be taken April 18, 2020 through April 30, 2020 or June 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety; Trip cannot be taken in May 2020. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation. The award cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash. Promotional Partner 2 reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Estimated retail value of the prize package varies based on trip and dates of travel selected; average retail value of trip is estimated at $4,450 USD. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Airfare, meals and other items or activities not included on the chosen itinerary, passport, visa, insurance, items of a personal nature are additional and the responsibility of winner (this list is illustrative and not a full list of items not included).
(b) Sweepstakes First Prize: Ten (10) First Prize winners will each receive two (2) 1,000 Places luggage tags from Sponsor.
Conditions of Acceptance of Sweepstakes Prizes: Winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Valid mailing address is required to claim a prize. Winners are subject to verification by Sponsor and Promotional Partners, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. In the event that a winner is determined to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor and Promotional Partners reserve the right to randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries. Winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration. Winners agree to the use of their name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation (except where prohibited). By entering this sweepstakes, winners acknowledge that Sponsor has the right to publicize, by any medium, winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted except by Sponsor or Promotional Partners, which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes or similar charges associated with prize receipt and/or use. Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Grand Prize is $5,800. If actual Grand Prize value is lower than the stated ARV, any difference in the value will not be awarded. Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of First Prize is $4 each, $40 total.
ALL POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless, Sponsor, Promotional Partners, THEIR affiliates and related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, THEIR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, OR THEIR RESCPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS COLLECTIVELY HEREIN, PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR: (I) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE MALFUNCTIONING OF ANY COMPUTER, CABLE, NETWORK, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (II) THE UNAVAILABILITY OR INACCESSIBILITY OF ANY TRANSMISSIONS OR TELEPHONE OR INTERNET SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (IV) ELECTRONIC OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; (V) ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ENTRANT’S COMPUTER, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE WORKMAN.COM WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES OR MATERIALS ON THE SITE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE PARTIES EXCEED THE TOTAL CHARGES SET FORTH IN THE ITINERARY GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OF INCIDENATAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
12. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts of the state of New York and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or any courts successors thereto in respect of any controversy which may arise out of or in relation to this Agreement or its performance and each party hereby waives any objections to such jurisdiction and venue; and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
14. Winners List: Sweepstakes results may be obtained December 27, 2019 by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 1,000 PLACES ITALIAN GETAWAY Sweepstakes Winner, Workman Publishing, 225 Varick St., New York, NY 10014.
15. Entrant’s Personal Information: Excluding the terms of Section 8, Publicity, above, all other personally-identifiable information collected from entrants is subject to Sponsor’s Privacy Policies located at http://www.workman.com/Privacy.