WFAA-TV PROJECT GREEN ECO EDUCATORS VOTER SWEEPSTAKES
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to U.S. legal Texas residents in the WFAA-TV local viewing area (as defined by its Nielsen DMA) who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry. WFAA’s Nielsen DMA includes the following counties: Anderson, Bosque, Comanche, Cooke, Collin, Dallas, Delta, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Fannin, Freestone, Hamilton, Henderson, Hill, Hood, Hopkins, Hunt, Jack, Johnson, Kaufman, Lamar, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rains, Red River, Rockwall, Somervell, Tarrant, Van Zant and Wise Counties, Texas. Employees and contractors of WFAA, (“Sponsor”), TEGNA Inc., KHovnanian Homes ("Promotional Sponsor"), and each of their respective affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family members of and any persons living with, any such employees are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. CT on Friday, April 13, 2018, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on Sunday, April 22, 2018.
HOW TO ENTER: WFAA wants to reward viewers for voting for the teachers, faculty members and school administrators who entered the WFAA Eco Educators Awards Contest. Viewers 13 or older may vote on the WFAA App, WFAA.com/projectgreen and on Facebook.com/wfaa.project.green starting at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, April 13 2018, and end at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, April 22, 2018. If voting from the WFAA App, WFAA.com/projectgreen, viewers will then need to click on the link and follow the provided instructions to vote. If voting through Facebook, Viewers will click on the Eco Educators Awards competition voting tab and follow the instructions to complete. Regardless of voting channel, viewers must be logged into Facebook and provide their Facebook authentication, email address and zip code in order to vote.
Viewers will be able to vote one time every 24 hours from the time of their initial voting. For example, if someone votes at 8:00 a.m. they are not allowed to vote again until 8:01 a.m. the following day. Every time a Viewer votes they will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes.
4. WINNER SELECTION: On or about Monday, April 23, 2018 twenty-five (25) Winners will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries received
5. PRIZES: Twenty-five (25) Prize Winners will each receive: a commemorative WFAA Project Green Bag ARV each: $8.73. Total ARV of all prizes: $218.25.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries votes received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about April 23, 2018 at the email address provided on winner’s entry form. Each winner must respond to such notification within 48 hours. Failure of winner to respond within such time period or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, each winner must either respond to prize notification with a valid shipping address or personally visit Sponsor’s office 606 Young Street, Dallas, TX 75202 within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays). Valid photo identification may be required by Sponsor in each case. Winner may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. So substitutions allowed by Winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit of release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. In the event of a dispute, all text message entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the wireless phone from which the entry is sent and all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which the entry is sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, TEGNA Inc. and Facebook from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.