“$12 000 Holiday Jackpot” Contest Rules
October 31, 2016 to December 31, 2016. Draw on January 5, 2017.
How to Enter
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Entries can be made by visiting one of our stores and completing an entry from, or by registering online at www.linenchest.com or on Linen Chest’s Facebook page between 12:00 am (EST) on Monday, October 31, 2016 and Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 11:59 pm (EST). To qualify for the grand prize draw the entry ballot must be filled out in its entirety, including full name, email address, phone number and postal code. It is mandatory to register a valid email address.
a) Store Entries
Fraudulent entries are not tolerated and will be declared invalid.. Only one entry per email address will be accepted. Participants making multiple entries with the same email address do not get an additional entry. Entries that are fraudulent will not be accepted and will be declared invalid. Any entries that are incomplete, submitted through illicit means or that do not meet the contest rules will be declared invalid. All entry ballots become the property of Linen Chest and will not be acknowledged or returned.
b) Online Participation
One entry per person with the exception of those involved in the program inviting friends online. Get 5 extra entries (6 participations in total) when you give valid email addresses of 5 friends. Invalid email addresses will cancel the additional entries. Participants entering more than once will be disqualified. Fraudulent entries are not tolerated and will be declared invalid. All entries which are incomplete, submitted through illicit means, or do not comply with the contest rules will be void. All entry ballots become the property of Linen Chest and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Who Can Enter
4. The contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside on the date of contest draw. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or legal guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence must confirm the entrant's acceptance of these rules. Any prize won by a minor must be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian.
5. The Contest is not open to employees of Linen Chest and its affiliated companies, its directors, advertising and promotion agencies, or family members of any of the foregoing.
6. Twelve (12) Prize will be awarded consisting of a One (1) Linen Chest gift card of $1 000.00 per winner. The prize must be accepted as-is and is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and non- refundable. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
General Conditions and Exclusions
- If for any reason whatsoever, the winner does not claim their prize at any branch of Linen Chest, by February 5, 2017 at 23:59 (Eastern Time), the prize will be automatically forfeited.
- The total value of the prize is $12,000. (12 Linen Chest gift card of $1 000).
Linen Chest reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal value in the event that it is not possible for them to offer the price as shown. The prize may differ slightly from
that presented in the promotional literature. All incidentals not mentioned precisely are the responsibility of the winner.
7. The contest will run between 12:00 am (EST) Monday, October 31, 2016 to Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 23:59 pm (EST). The twelve (12) contest winners will be drawn from eligible entries in a draw to be held at 3:00 pm (EST) on Thursday, January 5 2017 at Linen Chest's Head Office, 4455 Autoroute des Laurentides, Laval, Quebec, Canada, H7L 5X8.
8. The contest winners will be contacted at the email address or telephone number provided in their entry ballot.
9. In order to be declared the winner, the selected entrant must:
a. Respond to the prize notification email or telephone call within 3 days (72 hours) of transmission;
b. Correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
c. sign a declaration stating that he/she:
i. has read, understands and complies with the contest rules;
ii. releases and discharges Linen Chest, the contest organizers and their family members, and its subsidiaries and affiliates; and
iii. consents to the announcement of the winner's name and the use by or on behalf of Linen Chest of the winner's name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner. In the event the selected entrant is a minor, the foregoing must be confirmed and accepted by a parent or legal guardian.
10. Should the selected entrant fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 9, the prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected by random draw.
11. The chances of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
12. By entering the contest, participants consent to Linen Chest's collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in the entry ballots for the administration of the contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Linen Chest may disclose to others.
13. Participants will automatically be signed up to Linen Chest's email promotions and newsletters with the ability to unsubscribe their email address upon receipt of the first email promotion or newsletter. Participants further consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information (including their email address) by Linen Chest for the purpose of providing the email promotions and newsletters.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
14. Linen Chest and its affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any contest entrant or any other person for:
a. any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered contest entries, regardless of the cause;
b. any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
c. any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after contest entry ballots are submitted;
d. any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
e. any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the contest or the submission of entries to the contest or participation in the contest or the contest prize, or the use of the LinenChest.com website (including the downloading of any materials from that website) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Linen Chest or anyone for whom Linen Chest is responsible, and notwithstanding that Linen Chest may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
15. If for any reason the contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Linen Chest, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Linen Chest may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest.
16. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND LINEN CHEST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
17. Return of any prize notification email as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
18. Decisions of contest judges in respect of any aspect of the contest are final and binding on all entrants.
19. Participation in the contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest Rules.
20. Linen Chest reserves the right, at its option, to publish the winner's name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
21. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these Rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
22. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.