NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MANY WILL ENTER; UP TO 600 WILL WIN!
1. Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, ages 6-17 and located in the U.S. at time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Simon & Schuster ("Sponsor"), and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, licensees and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of this promotion (collectively, "promotion parties"), and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each are not eligible. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law.
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at midnight, Central Daylight Time ("CDT"), April 15, 2018, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CDT, September 30, 2018 (the "Promotion Period").
3. How to Enter: During the promotion period, entrants will visit go.Boyslife.org, navigate to the giveaway page and click on the Simon & Schuster Say Yes to Reading Books Giveaway. Enter all the required information and click the "SUBMIT" button. Entrants can only enter once during the promotion period.
4. Entry Requirements: In order to be entered in the giveaway, entrants must comply with registration instructions when submitting their entry and MUST return the completed parental consent form to be eligible. By entering, you understand that your entry may (in Sponsor's sole discretion) be posted online for readers to view. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed the legal owner of the email address appearing on the entry. The entry may not contain obscene, lewd or inappropriate images or text, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. Any entry material or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the entrant. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the entry material from any source. Entries become the property of Boys' Life magazine and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that their entries become the property of Boys' Life magazine. Automated, script, macro or robotic entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. If, in Boys' Life magazine's sole discretion, the entry appears to have resulted in any injury or bodily harm, it will be rejected. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or proprietary rights. In such an event, the entry will not be posted online and will be disqualified from the book giveaway. Any entry not in compliance with the above and does not meet the websites' requirements will be disqualified. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the entry submitted.
5. Winners: Up to 300 winners between 6 and 11 years old and 300 winners 12 years old and older will be chosen at random, and will be mailed their prize ONLY if they return the parental consent form.
6. Prizes & Odds: Odds of winning any prize depend on the number of entries received. Each winner between the 6 and 11 years old will receive a copy of either Belly Up or Story Thieves: Worlds Apart. Winners 12 years old and older will each receive a copy of either Ghost or Dragonwatch. The MSRP for Belly Up is $8.99, $17.99 for Story Thieves: Worlds Apart, $7.99 for Ghost and $8.99 for Dragonwatch. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
7. Privacy Information: A parental consent form must be filled out in order to be eligible to win. The information is collected from entrants for the sole purpose of a direct one-time response to contact winners. Contact information will be destroyed at the end of the promotion.
8. General Rules: All federal, state and local laws apply. Potential winners' parent/legal guardian, as any winner is a minor, ARE REQUIRED to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Parental Consent Form and Release of Liability and a Publicity Release to Boys' Life magazine. The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to return any documents in a timely manner may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be chosen. By participating, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless promotion parties from and against any and all liability or damages associated with this promotion or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize received in this promotion. Promotion parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or administration of the promotion. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners' names and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this promotion, participants agree to be bound by the official rules and decisions of the Sponsor and Boys' Life magazine, which shall be final in all matters relating to the promotion. Promotion parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, damaged, incomplete, non-delivered or postage-due mail; or for printing, distribution or production errors or for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this promotion, or by any human, or other error, which may occur in this Promotion. If there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the promotion, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify suspect entries and/or modify or terminate the promotion in a manner deemed reasonable by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, entries will be declared made by the person's name submitted at time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the promotion or website or acts in a disruptive manner. This promotion is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of New York State. By entering, entrants irrevocably consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New York State for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this promotion.
9. Waiver: By participating in this promotion, participant waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys' fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate.
10. Sponsor: Simon & Schuster