The rules of the competition are as follows:
1. No limit to image submission per individual for the Kowa Anniversary Photography Competition 2019. All images must have some depiction of the outdoors. Examples are landscape, wildlife, activities, etc.
2. These may be digital images from Smartphone or digital camera. Color transparencies and prints are NOT permitted. Entries will be judged not only on technical excellence, but also on originality, aesthetic appeal, and compelling caption/story.
3. The submitted photographs may be used at the discretion of Kowa Group and subsidiaries. By entering images for this competition, entrants agree to these terms. Copyright of images remains with the photographer and use subsequent by Kowa Group is unrestricted. By submitting your image you agree that your entry will be displayed in a public online gallery throughout 2019, this applies to entries either uploaded or shared on social media using the #Kowa125.
4. A caption is requested to accompany each photograph, giving the circumstances in which it was obtained, and the thought/feeling behind the image. Technical details are not required.
5. Images with manipulation, adjustments and filters are acceptable. Entries shall be in digital format. Images that are over-cropped to the extent that the quality is compromised, will not be accepted. Images should be of adequate resolution so that the wining entries can be printed at minimum A4 (297x210mm).
6. All images entered must have been taken by the submitter, you must own the copyright of the image. Any images found to be in breach of this rule or will be disqualified. ALL entries are accepted only on the above conditions.
First prize: TSN-883 spotting scope with TE-11WZ eyepiece and C-883N case
Second prize: TSN-553 spotting scope with C-553 case
Third prize: Genesis 8x22 binocular
8. The closing date for entries is 31st of July 2019..
9. Entries can be submitted and shared online by using the #Kowa125 on the platforms Twitter, Instagram and by posting on our Facebook page or by uploading your image at this website: https://woobox.com/bzuo28
10. Winners will be contacted either through social media communication or if an image has been uploaded – via the email address provided.
11. The competition is free to enter.
12. Winners will be announced on social media and at Birdfair 2019. Winning images will be displayed at Birdfiar 2019 and on Kowa social media platforms and websites throughout 2019.
13. An original full size digital image will be requested from the three winning images and should be provided by the 9th August 2019.
14. No cash alternative is available for the prize winners.
15. Kowa have the right to refuse any image submitted to the competition without explanation if Kowa decide the image does not fulfill the completion requirements and/or contains offensive material. The judges decision is final.
16. Any images of a violent, abusive or illegal nature shared on #Kowa125 will be reported to the social media companies and any images of this nature uploaded on the competition page will be reported to the relevant authorities if deemed necessary.
17. If submitting your image using the upload form - you must enter your email address. Your email address will only be used to contact you if you are a winner. Your email address will only be added to our mailing list if you choose to add yourself by ticking the mailing list check box.
18. The competition is managed by Kowa American Corporation 20001 South Vermont Avenue, Torrance, CA 90502.