TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
This Holidays at Home Float Building Contest Video Submission (“Float Video Submission”) begins October 23, 2020 and ends November 15, 2020. This Float Video Submission promotion is open to legal residents of the State of Texas, 18 years or older at the time of entry, and is void where prohibited. You may enter the Float Video Submission promotion by:
1. Submitting an on-line entry (“On-line Entry”) during the promotion period, via https://www.fortworthparadeoflights.org/participate/ ("The Website" or
A valid name and email address must be included in each On-line Entry.
Each person submitting an accepted On-line Entry (“Accepted Submission”) is eligible to be included in the GM Financial Parade of Lights “Holidays at Home” float music video, airing during the parade broadcast on November 22, 2020. You may submit multiple entries per household, there is no guarantee entries will be included in music video. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
By uploading Content (such Content including, but not limited to video recordings, sound recordings, images, photographs, and other audio and/or visual content), and as consideration for being permitted to participate in this promotion, you warrant and represent that you agree to these Terms and Conditions and that:
1. You are 18 years or older;
2. The Content is your original work and that you are the sole owner of the Content and that no part of the Content was created by, or is owned by, any other individual or third-party;
3. You have not previously assigned, pledged, or otherwise encumbered the Content;
4. The Content has not been previously published, and is not under consideration for publication;
5. The Content does not violate or infringe any copyright or other personal or property right of any third parties;
6. The Content has not been altered in any way other than normal color and sharpness adjustments;
7. You have all necessary permissions necessary for Downtown Fort Worth Initiatives, Inc. (DFWII) and Downtown Fort Worth, Inc. (DFWI) to use, display, and publish the Content, including the rights associated with depicting the subjects appearing in the Content; and
8. You have full power and authority to enter into this agreement and to make the grants contained herein and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless DFWII and DFWI from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses arising out of a breach of any warranty and/or representation made by you herein.
You further acknowledge and agree that by uploading Content:
1. You grant DFWII and DFWI, in connection with publicity, promotional, and marketing purposes (collectively “Promotional Activities”), a non-exclusive, non-revocable, sublicensable, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license to to copy and edit the Content and to use or to allow others to use the Content, including the images and likeness of any subjects contained in the Content, and any other name, likeness, image or elements contained in the Content and any works derived therefrom or any duplication, derivation or digital enhancements of the Content, throughout the world in perpetuity in any media now known or hereinafter devised;
2. You waive any right to inspect or approve the Content or the Promotional Activities, any works derived therefrom, or any duplication, derivation or digital enhancements thereof or finished version(s) of the foregoing including any final video that may be created, displayed, and/or published;
3. You agree to DFWII and DFWI proceeding to vary, change, alter, modify, add to and/or delete images contained in the Content, to rearrange and/or transpose images contained in the Content and to use a portion(s) of any image contained in the Content together with any material of any kind;
4. You agree that the Content will not be returned to you;
5. You agree that DFWII and DFWI are under no obligation to display, publish or use the Content in any way;
6. You agree you will not credited for any display, publication, or use of the Content; and
7. You agree that DFWII and DFWI have the sole right to determine and limit the type, size, and format of Content that will be accepted for submission and that, though subject to change at DFWII and DFWI’s sole discretion.
You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not upload any Content or material which may inhibit any person from using and enjoying The Website; is unlawful, threatening, offensive, or indecent; constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise infringes the rights of any third party including, without limitation copyright, trademark, patent, trade secrets, rights of privacy or publicity; or contains a virus or other harmful or potentially harmful material or routine that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless DFWII and DFWI, its licensees, successors, assigns, partners, affiliates, contractors, and agents, from any liability or claim thereof based on your use of The Website and to pay for all legal and other costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) DFWII and DFWI, its licensees, successors, assigns, partners, affiliates, contractors, and agents, might incur in defending any such action.
Your use of The Website and any dispute arising out of such use of The Website, including, but not limited to the Video Submission Promotion, are subject to the laws of the State of Texas and will be determined in the courts of Tarrant County.