“RiceSelect® National Rice Month Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS
APPLY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES YOU DECLARE THAT
YOU HAVE READ THE OFFICIAL RULES BELOW AND THAT YOU ACCEPT
AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THEREIN.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES
AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("U.S."),
18 YEARS OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY.
Entries accepted from
12:00 am Central Time (“CT”) on September 15, 2016 through 11:59 pm CT on September 30, 2016.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be legal residents physically residing in the 50 United States or District of Columbia ("U.S.") who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and with a valid social security number or TIN. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after April 18, 2016 were or are employees or agents of Riviana Foods Inc. (“Sponsor”) or their parents, affiliates, stations, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organizations; (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or drawing of winners for this Sweepstakes; (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in the preceding categories. Any determination of eligibility will be made by Sponsor whose decisions are final. Void outside the U.S. and where prohibited. Subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. No purchase necessary to enter or claim prize.
2. TO ENTER: Between 12:00 am CT on September 15, 2016 through 11:59 pm CT on September 30, 2016, visit the RiceSelect® Facebook page found at https://www.facebook.com/RiceSelect/. Click on the sweepstakes tab and you will be directed to an online entry form. You may also access the online entry form directly by visiting http://woobox.com/eyjgjw. Complete and submit the online entry form as directed. During the entry process, participants will be required to submit their email address. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm CT on September 30, 2016. Any entries received after this deadline will be disqualified. Limit one entry per person. You must be a Facebook member to enter. If you do not have a Facebook account, you may sign up for a free membership at www.facebook.com.
3. DRAWINGS/PRIZES/ODDS/ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS: On or about October 3, 2016, a random drawing will be conducted by WooBox, a third party application, from among all eligible entries. Twenty (20) winners will be drawn. Each winner will receive the following prizes: One (1) rice cooker (approximate retail value $19.99); and one (1) coupon for two dollars off any RiceSelect® product (approximate retail value $2.00). Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of prize is $22.
Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be notified via email and must respond within seven (7) days to claim the prize. If a winner does not respond to the initial email, and/or provide the required paperwork within seven (7) days, that winner will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be selected. Winners will be required to provide a physical address for shipment of the prize. If a winner claims prize but fails to provide a physical address within seven (7) days of the request, the winner will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be chosen.
Entrants' residence and other pertinent information will be verified. If information cannot be verified, an alternative winner will be selected.
Prize will be awarded after a Winner has been identified, verified, and claimed the prize. Allow 6-8 weeks upon verification for prizes to be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
4. GENERAL: All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes including acceptance and use of the prize are the sole responsibility of winners. By participating, participants agree a) to these rules and decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding in all respects and in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; b) to the fullest extent permitted by law, to release, discharge, indemnify and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, and all of their respective media partners, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, agents and representatives and all of their respective employees, officers and directors (individually and collectively “Releasees”) from any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise) of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss of or destruction of property, or breach or failure of any representation, warranty or obligation contained in these Official Rules, or violation of intellectual property rights, such as, but not limited to copyright, trademark or patent, or rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, slander or libel, or portrayal in a false light), arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity; and c) if a winner, to the announcement/use of name, entry materials statements, voice, image and/or likeness, at any time or times, for trade, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without compensation (unless prohibited by law) by Sponsor and those acting pursuant to Sponsor’s direction, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. In no event will Releasees be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or other damages. If a winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Releasees are not responsible and shall not be liable for: a) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunction, technical errors or any human error which may occur in the processing of entries, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; b) failed, incomplete, garbled, corrupted or delayed computer transmissions; c) lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible entries or postage-due mail; or d) any condition caused by events that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof should computer hardware or software malfunctions (such as but not limited to virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures) or any other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, and select the winner from entry materials received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
5. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the web site, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like voting methods, will disqualify all votes using such methods. Entry information and entries become property of Sponsors. In case of dispute, the authorized subscriber of email account used to enter Sweepstakes, will be deemed to be participant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses. No correspondence about entries will be entered into nor will entries be acknowledged or returned.
6. IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITES www.RiceSelect.com or www.Facebook.com, www.WooBox.com, OR THE ENTRY FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
7. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Harris County, State of Texas.
9. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Woobox. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or WooBox. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook or WooBox.
10. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, send a request by email to email@example.com. Be sure to include “RiceSelect® National Rice Month Sweepstakes Winners Request” in the subject line.
11. SPONSOR: Riviana Foods Inc., 2777 Allen Parkway, Houston, TX 77019.