- Eligibility: The 2019 Be the Next… Performer Challenge is open to anyone who submits a qualifying video online at https://woobox.com/feptay. The contest is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the City of Lewisville, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers, (collectively the “employees”) and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of City of Lewisville employees are not eligible to participate in the contest. Employees of all event sponsors its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers, (collectively the “employees”) and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of employees are not eligible to participate in the contest. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“you”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the City of Lewisville and/or Woobox as final and binding as it relates to the content of this contest.
- Video Submission Dates: Video entries will be accepted beginning Monday, April 1, 2019, at 10 a.m. The submission period concludes on Monday, April 22, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. Three semi-finalists will be selected by a staff and artist committee and will be contacted no later than Tuesday, April 30, 2019 with further details about the next phase of the challenge.
- How to Enter: Submit a video at https://woobox.com/feptay. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the contest rules, specifications, or Woobox User Terms of Service (available at https://woobox.com/terms) may be disqualified at the sole discretion of City of Lewisville.
- Video Entries: Submit a video of yourself performing a cover of a well-known song written or recorded by a Texas artist (any style of music is welcome). Videos submitted must be of a solo performance, or with one accompanist only. Performance must be limited to 5 minutes total length.
- All entries must comply with Woobox’s User Terms of Service, available at https://woobox.com/terms. All videos must be your own work, and you must own the right to distribute the image. You must have the consent of those whose faces are visible in the image. Upon request, you may be required to provide a written release for each individual in the video.
- Phase One/Semi Final status winning: Three semi-finalists will be selected by a committee for the chance to perform their cover song as the opening act for the May 18, 2019 Texas Tunes Concert featuring the Texicana Mamas: Tish Hinojosa, Patricia Vonne, and Stephanie Urbina Jones. The challenge performance begins at 8 p.m.
- Phase Two/Grand Prize: A booking for you (or your band) to be the Opening Act for a Sounds of Lewisville Concert in Wayne Ferguson Plaza in Old Town Lewisville. The performance date is Tuesday, July 30, 2019 and the winning performer will have a 45-minute set beginning at 7 p.m. This performance will pay a $500 honorarium.
The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including, without limitation, any and all federal, state and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner(s). No substitution of prize, transfer/assignment of prize to others, or request for the cash equivalent by the winner(s) is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for City of Lewisville to use the winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Winner Selection and Notification:
- Phase One: Semi-finalists will be selected by a committee consisting of Lewisville staff and artist representatives. Each semi-finalist will perform their cover song as an opening act at the May 18 Texas Tunes concert.
Semi-finalists will be notified by Tuesday, April 30, 2019 of their status as semi-finalist and of details for the next round.
- Phase Two: The Grand Prize winner will be decided by audience vote at the May 18 Texas Tunes Concert, under the supervision of the City of Lewisville. The challenge performance will take place at 8 p.m. and each semi-finalist will have 5-minutes to perform. Audience voting will take place during the performances and be tallied that evening after the conclusion of the headlining act.
City of Lewisville shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize by the determined deadline, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner selected. Receipt by winner of the prize offered in this contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CITY OF LEWISVILLE’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATLEY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g. video), you understand and agree that City of Lewisville, anyone acting on behalf of City of Lewisville, and City of Lewisville’s licensees, successors, and assigns shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use in any media known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review or consent.
- Terms & Conditions: City of Lewisville reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other cause beyond City of Lewisville’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the campaign. In such case, City of Lewisville may select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of the contest. City of Lewisville reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify an individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the campaign or website or violates the Official Rules. City of Lewisville has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses, multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by campaign rules, or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, City of Lewisville reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless the City of Lewisville and its subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, volunteers, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, weather caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone or internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: This campaign is governed by the laws of the United States and Texas, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes action arising out of or connected with this contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Denton County Texas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. cost associated with entering this contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The sponsors of this campaign is the City of Lewisville.
- Facebook: The campaign hosted by City of Lewisville is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- E-mail: By entering this contest, you, the contestant, have agreed to allow the City of Lewisville to include your e-mail account in the bi-weekly Horizon Newsletter and the monthly MCL Grand Newsletter, which you may unsubscribe to at any time, and your email address will become part of the city’s public record.
- Acceptance: By entering this contest, you, the contestant, have affirmatively review, accepted and agreed to all the Official Rules.