Terms and Conditions – Facebook competition
Volvo Trucks: 25 years of evolution.
General Conditions of Entry and Competition Rules for the Volvo Trucks Evolution25 Facebook Competition – Be the first to put Volvo’s advanced I-Shift dual clutch to the test.
1. The promoter is Sime Darby Commercial (NZ) Limited. Sime Darby Commercial (NZ) Ltd owns the importer/distributorship for the Volvo Truck brand via Motor Truck Distributors (NZ) Ltd.
2. Entries must be received by 12pm on Tuesday 23 April 2019 to be valid.
3. Entrants must be over 18 years of age and resident in New Zealand. All competition entrants must hold a full, current HGV 5 licence.
4. On submission of the entry form, the entrant will receive an email from Volvo Trucks NZ that confirms their entry. The employer of the entrant driver will also receive an email from Volvo Trucks to obtain permission for the driver to undertake the driving leg with a maximum load, to be confirmed at a later date.
5. Ten winners will be randomly drawn and announced by 5pm Monday 29 April 2019. Each winner’s HGV 5 licence will be sighted and verified. Each verified winner will be allocated a route of the 25th Anniversary road-trip. The winner driver will then test-drive the Volvo FH540 with I-Shift dual clutch carrying a full load on a familiar route on New Zealand roads.
6. During each test-drive leg, fuel efficiency will be measured using in-cab Dynafleet telematics. The driver that obtains metrics closest to the Volvo benchmark will win a 25th Anniversary Drivers Pack worth $500 including a Volvo waxed jacket, Volvo quality torch and a 25th anniversary truck model.
The Volvo benchmark for fuel efficiency will be set by Volvo Trucks New Zealand prior to the commencement of the road-trip.
7. The names of all ten drivers will go into a wider draw of 20 drivers to select one lucky winner of a VIP trip to the Volvo Assembly Plant in Brisbane. The winner and a guest will be flown to Brisbane. This prize includes flights and transfers for two people (the winning driver and a guest), two days accommodation in Brisbane (hotel to be confirmed), a VIP tour of the Assembly plant and dinner on both nights. Prize does not include other incidental expenses such as additional food and drinks.
8. There is a maximum of one entry per person.
9. Volvo Trucks New Zealand reserves the right to capture photographic and video content taken during the driving legs of the competition to be used for marketing purposes. Volvo reserves the right to alter or determine an appropriate, alternative route for each driving leg.
10. Winners will be notified by email within five working days of the draw. Return of the prize notification or failure to respond to this email within five days will result in disqualification and the competition will be re-drawn.
11. Every entry submitted via the official competition entry form will go in the draw to win spot prizes of Volvo merchandise. There will be one draw per week, with five winners each draw. The draw will be random and take place at 12 noon on Friday 29th March, Friday 5th April, Friday 12th April and Thursday 18th April 2019.
Winners will be notified via email and announced on Facebook.
12. Volvo Trucks New Zealand cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
13. None of the prizes in this competition are redeemable for cash. Volvo Trucks New Zealand reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
14. Employees of Sime Darby Commercial (NZ) Ltd are not eligible to enter the competition. Volvo Trucks New Zealand reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
15. The winners are responsible for communicating the correct postal address to enable delivery of the spot prizes. Volvo Trucks New Zealand accepts no responsibility for any prizes being sent to incorrect addresses.
16. At Volvo Trucks New Zealand, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We will not share your information with any third parties.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or Instagram.