2018 Motor Mania Giveaway – Rules and Regulations and Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, SELECTING “LIKE” ON MCCS 29 PALMS’ FACEBOOK PAGE IS NOT REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN AND WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF WINNING.
- The Giveaway. A total of sixteen (16) prizes and/or gift cards valued at up to Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250) each, will be awarded throughout 2018 with two prize/gift cards being awarded each month beginning March 2018 and concluding October 2018. Each monthly winner will also receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize 2018 Motor Mania Giveaway. Prizes/gift cards cannot be exchanged. The Grand Prize giveaway will take place at the MCCS Jack-O-Lantern Jubilee event on Friday, October 26, 2018. The Grand Prize winner will receive his/her choice of a new, in stock/on lot Jessup vehicle valued at up to $30,000.00. No exchanges, no exceptions. Any upgrades or additional options will be paid for by the winner. The winner of the Grand Prize will be notified at the MCCS Jack-O-Lantern Jubilee on Friday, October 26, 2018. The Grand Prize will not be delivered on the day of the Jack-O-Lantern Jubilee. The monthly prizes, as well as the Grand Prize, do not have a cash value.
- Eligibility. The 2018 Motor Mania Giveaway, including the monthly giveaways, is open only to Active Duty members of the United States military and spouses of Active Duty members of the United States military. Family members other than spouses of military members, civilian employees, and retirees are not eligible to participate. The Giveaway is void where prohibited by law. All contestants’ eligibility will be verified prior to the giveaway. Contestants who are entered via monthly Facebook giveaways and/or at MCCS special events will be required to present valid military identification the week prior to the Jack-O-Lantern Jubilee, on October 26, 2018. In order to participate in the Grand Prize giveaway, entrants must be present in person to win. In the event that an entrant is not able to attend the final Grand Prize Giveaway on October 26, 2018, a representative with legal power of attorney may stand in his/her place. Power of attorney and identification must be presented to officials and verified prior to the Grand Prize giveaway. Employees and agents of United States Marine Corps (USMC), Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS), Pacific Marine Credit Union (PMCU) and Jessup Auto Plaza are not eligible to participate regardless of spousal status.
- Entry. To enter, visit MCCS 29 Palms’ Facebook page (www.facebook.com/MCCS29Palms) and participate in the monthly Facebook prize giveaways. Each month, beginning in March 2018, two (2) winners will be randomly selected to receive a prize/gift card valued at up to Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250) and each of the two (2) winners selected will receive one (1) entry in the 2018 Motor Mania Giveaway to be held at the Jack-O-Lantern Jubilee held on Friday, October 26, 2018. For the monthly Facebook and/or MCCS special events giveaways, one entry per eligible Facebook user and entry is not transferable. The monthly Facebook winner/household of the $250 prize/gift card will not be eligible to enter the monthly contest/Sweepstakes again for the remainder of the contest. Only one entry per household is permitted to win the final key for the Grand Prize giveaway. Must be present, in person, to win and present valid military identification, which will be verified for validity. In the event that a winner of a monthly Facebook giveaway and/or MCCS special event is unable to be present in person or have an authorized stand-in with power of attorney at the Jack-O-Lantern Jubilee on Friday, October 26, 2018, another entrant will be selected from the Facebook entries in the month of October for the Grand Prize giveaway.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning the monthly Facebook giveaway are determined by the number of participants in each month’s giveaway. The odds of winning the Grand Prize is one in sixteen (1 in 16) as there will be a total of sixteen (16) eligible entrants for the Grand Prize giveaway on October 26, 2018.
- Winners. Each month, beginning in March 2018, two (2) winners will be selected from the Facebook giveaway and/or MCCS special event and each will be awarded one (1) entry into the Grand Prize giveaway and a single prize/gift card valued at no more than Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250). Monthly winners must retrieve IN PERSON the single prize/gift card within seven (7) business days of notification and present valid military identification for eligibility of entry into the Grand Prize giveaway. If the prize is not retrieved in this amount of time, another winner will be drawn and the prior winner will be ineligible for that month’s prize/gift card. Rules will be presented at the time of prize/gift card pickup, with signature and acknowledgement of the Rules required before release of the monthly giveaway prize/gift card.
- Taxes. For the Grand Prize giveaway, sales tax, title, and license fees will be paid directly to Jessup Auto Plaza sponsored by Pacific Marine Credit Union. Winner is responsible for reporting his/her winning(s) on annual income tax forms as required by federal and applicable state law. Winner is also advised to consult with a tax advisor for any questions regarding financial and tax implications associated with winning prize(s).
- General. Certain contest and sweepstakes are subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering the Giveaway, entrants expressly acknowledge that these Official Rules have been drafted in the English language, and that any translation prepared for any reason will be of no legal effect and the English version of these Official Rules shall govern any dispute. By participating, contestant releases Pacific Marine Credit Union, United States Marine Corps, Marine Corps Community Services and Jessup Auto Plaza and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies and their directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injury, death, loss, tax liability or damage of any kind arising from contestant’s participation in this Giveaway, or resulting from entrant’s acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize.
- Consent. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes and signifies winner’s consent that Marine Corps Community Services, Pacific Marine Credit Union and/or Jessup Auto Plaza may use the winner’s entry, name, address (city and state only), prize information and/or likeness for promotional purposes in any media now existing or hereinafter devised, without additional compensation.
- Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Marine Corps Community Services, Pacific Marine Credit Union and Jessup Auto Plaza are not responsible for: (1) late, delayed, incomplete, destroyed, garbled, or incoherent entries, (2) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry or other information, (3) any human error, technical malfunctions, or lost-delayed data transmission, (4) any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, or software, or (5) inability to access any website or online service, or any other error or malfunction.
- Reservation of Rights. Marine Corps Community Services, Jessup Auto Plaza and Pacific Marine Credit Union reserve the right to: (i) disqualify from this or any Giveaway, now or in the future, any person it finds, in its sole discretion, has intentionally violated these Official Rules, tampered with the entry process, the operation of the Giveaway or Website or any other aspect of this Giveaway, and (ii) cancel or suspend the Giveaway in its entirety should tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Giveaway.
- WARNING. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MARINE CORPS COMMUNITY SERVICES AND/OR JESSUP AUTO PLAZA, PACIFIC MARINE CREDIT UNION RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Indemnification. By entering into the monthly Facebook giveaways and/or Grand Prize giveaway, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Pacific Marine Credit Union, United States Marine Corps, Marine Corps Community Services and/or Jessup Auto Plaza employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisers from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage or otherwise, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, the U.S. Marine Corps, DoD, or the federal government. You understand that you are providing your information to Pacific Marine Credit Union, Jessup Auto Plaza not to Facebook, the U.S. Marine Corps, DoD or the federal government.
- Disputes. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and Jessup Auto Plaza, Pacific Marine Credit Union and/or Marine Corps Community Services, will be resolved by the MCCS Director, who will issue a written Final Decision and mail or otherwise furnish a copy thereof to the entrant. The Director’s decision will be final and conclusive unless within ninety (90) days from the date of the entrant’s receipt of the Director’s Final Decision, the entrant mails or otherwise furnishes the Director an original and a copy of a written appeal addressed to the Director, MCCS, Twentynine Palms, CA. The decision of the Director is final and conclusive and not subject to further appeal.