Brisbane’s Living Heritage Network
Photography Competition Terms and Conditions
- Entry to the Brisbane’s Living Heritage Network (BLHN) Photography Competition is free.
- Competition entries open on Friday 10 September 2021 at 11am and close on Sunday 10 October 2021 at 11pm. Entries will not be accepted outside of these dates.
- Photographs entered into this competition must have been taken at a participating BLHN member site in 2021. For a list of participating members and opening hours, see Places to Visit on the BLHN website.
Categories and prizes:
- There are three categories as part of this Competition:
- Place / Building – the winner will receive a cash prize of $400
- Object – the winner will receive a cash prize of $400
- People’s Choice – the winner will receive a cash prize of $350
How to enter:
- To enter the Competition, entrants must complete the entry form found on the BLHN website.
- Entrants may enter multiple images. A new entry forms needs to be completed for each entry.
- Submissions can only be digital images. Digital images should be formatted to JPG format, in RGB colour mode, at 300 DPI, and no more than 5 MB in size.
- Images can be landscape, portrait or square and the maximum dimension is 1024 pixels.
- Entry is open to people aged 18 years or more.
- BLHN staff, Board, and their immediate family members are not permitted to enter this competition.
- Photographs entered into this competition must have been taken at a participating BLHN member site on or after 1 January 2021 and be an original artwork of the entrant.
- If an entrant’s image contains people, signed and dated consent of each person needs to be obtained and provided as part of the entry submission. See information regarding consent at https://www.artslaw.com.au/information-sheet/street-photographers-rights
- BLHN reserves the right to deem any entry as ineligible. Reasons BLHN may deem an entry ineligible include that an image contains nudity, alcohol, unsafe behaviour, or destruction or vandalism or property.
Judging and voting:
- Winners for the Place and Object categories will be selected by a judging panel appointed by BLHN. All decisions are final, and not subject to review.
- Votes for the People’s Choice category are tallied through the BLHN website using Woobox. By voting in the People’s Choice category, voters acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions of Woobox: https://www.woobox.com/terms
- Voting for the People’s Choice category closes Sunday 24 October 2021 at 11pm.
- Prize winners will be notified directly by BLHN and published via the BLHN website, social media, e-Newsletter and media release.
- Winners will be notified by email and phone the week commencing Monday 25 October 2021.
Copyright and privacy:
- Copyright remains with the photographer but BLHN is given the right to use the image free of fees or royalties in the promotion of BLHN and BLHN Member organisations, including but not limited to the BLHN website, via BLHN social media, in the BLHN newsletter or in any other material produced by BLHN in the future. The images will be credited to the photographer.
- BLHN reserves the right to crop or otherwise edit or manipulate images submitted.
- By entering the Competition, entrants acknowledge that their personal information will be collected and stored by BLHN for the purpose of the Competition. Entrant’s personal information will not be made public. Only the entrant’s name and Instagram handle (where applicable) will be published with each entry.