a. These Official Rules govern the “Sous Vide Giveaway” (“Giveaway”), which is offered by D’Artagnan, LLC (“Sponsor”).
b. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this giveaway. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning.
1. Giveaway Period: Giveaway begins at 12:00:00 am, EDT on Tuesday, September 5, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 pm, EDT on Monday, September 25, 2017 (“the Giveaway Period”.) All entries must be received prior to the end of the Giveaway Period. Giveaway site, as defined below, shall be the official timekeeper.
2. Eligibility: Subject to the restrictions in this paragraph 2, Giveaway open to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of date of entry. Employees of Sponsor and its affiliates and of advertising and promotion agencies of Sponsor and its affiliates, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household as any such employees are not eligible to enter or win. Giveaway void in Puerto Rico and Rhode Island and where prohibited by law.
3. How to Enter: Visit the D'Artagnan website at http://www.dartagnan.com, (the “Giveaway Site”) and follow instructions to enter. Entries must be submitted through the online Giveaway Entry Form found at http//www.dartagnan.com. Entry requires opting-in to the D'Artagnan email marketing list. Entries are limited to one form submission per individual, genuine email address. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and cannot be returned.
4. Administration: Entries will be deemed made by the account holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. In case of any doubt as to the identification of entrant, the natural person who owns the email address utilized to enter shall be deemed to be the entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, garbled, damaged, illegible or otherwise deficient or incompletely received for any reason. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or otherwise in violation of the rules. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Giveaway if it cannot be completed as planned, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention or force majeure. By entering, each entrant confirms (or as to participants who are minors in the jurisdiction in which they reside, their parents/legal guardians confirm) that s/he has read these Official Rules and confirms that s/he understands and agrees to comply with them, attests to being over eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry, and opts in to receive marketing email communications as specified in Paragraph 3 above. To the extent permitted by law, participation constitutes entrant’s consent, without further compensation or approval, the use of entrant’s name, likeness and/or biographical data by Sponsor or its designee for advertising and promotional purposes, in connection with Giveaway. Each entrant also agrees to be solely responsible for his/her own actions and for any liability related to his/her participation or any prize offered and to release, defend and hold Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies, any prize provider and each of their respective related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, insurers, successors and assignees, harmless from any liability for losses, damages, death or injuries in connection with his/her participation in the Giveaway.
5. Prize Description: Three prize packages shall be awarded, each consisting of: (1) $300 D'Artagnan Online Gift Certificate valid at dartagnan.com; (1) Joule Sous Vide (Stainless Steel Model); and shipping costs related to delivering the Joule to any residential or business address in the 50 U.S. States or District of Columbia. Winners shall be solely responsible for all federal, state or local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the prize. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable. D'Artagnan Gift Certificates cannot be redeemed for the purchase of additional D’Artagnan online gift certificates, cash or used to pay any D'Artagnan account balance.
6. Selection and Notification of Winner: Winners will be selected on or about Tuesday, September 26, 2017 via computer-generated random drawing from all valid entries received during the Giveaway period. Odds on winning determined by the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner need not be present at time of drawing. Selected potential winners will receive an email notification which shall include an “Affidavit of Eligibility and Release" - which must be completed, signed and returned to Sponsor within 10 calendar days of the initial email notification to officially accept and redeem the prize. In the event a potential winner is a minor in the state of residence, prize shall be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian executing the required "Affidavit of Eligibility and Release." If a potential winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian) does not complete, sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release by the specified deadline or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, that person shall be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. In the event of a forfeited or refused prize from a potential winner, the prize will be awarded to an alternate potential winner, to be selected in the same manner as the previous disqualified potential winner. If, after picking up to 2 alternate potential winners, the prize has not been accepted and/or redeemed, the prize will be forfeited, and shall not be awarded. Once the prize is delivered to the winner, Sponsor is not responsible, nor will it replace prizes that are lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or prematurely conclude a contest should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the contest. In the event a contest is canceled prematurely for any reason, Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to pick an alternate winner, but in the event an alternate winner cannot be determined, the prize(s) will not be awarded.
7. Applicable Laws and Jurisdiction: Giveaway, including all issues concerning these Official Rules, shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Giveaway will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New Jersey and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of New Jersey. Judgments and/or awards incurred due to participation in this Giveaway shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages and shall not include attorneys’ fees or any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
9. Winner: For name of the winner, send a written request and a stamped self-addressed envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) to: D’Artagnan LLC, 2017 Sous Vide Giveaway, 600 Green Lane, Union, NJ 07083. (No phone calls please.)
10. Sponsor: D’Artagnan, LLC, 600 Green Lane, Union, NJ 07083.