THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC, All US TERRITORIES, EXTERNAL COMMONWEALTHS AND POSSESSIONS) AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW AND AMERICAN ENGLISH. YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE CRITERIA.
Travelzoo & Los Angeles Times “Win $1,000 towards Travelzoo Hotel” Sweeps
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. The “Sweepstakes Period” is from 12:00:01p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) September 27th, 2016 (“Sweepstakes-Start”) to 11:59:59a.m. ET October 27, 2016 (“Sweepstakes-End”).
2. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents residing in the 50 United States and D.C. and Canada (excluding, without limitation, all US territories, external commonwealths and possessions and the Provence of Quebec) who are 21 years of age or older as of Sweepstakes-Start. If you are a resident of Canada and enter the Sweepstakes your entry information will be collected along with all US entries. By entering, you agree to receive Sponsor’s emailed newsletters and promotions from which you may unsubscribe at any time. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless of where they live) or members of household of Travelzoo Inc. (“Sponsor”), and anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes, including the Los Angeles Times, (the “Sweepstakes Entities”), are not eligible to enter into this Sweepstakes or be awarded a prize. Limit one (1) entry per person per e-mail address.
3. How to Enter: Go to http://www.travelzoo.com/blog/win-1000-next-hotel-stay/
during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the instructions for entering the sweepstakes. You will be asked to complete all required fields including first and last names, ZIP code and a valid, working email address for which you are the authorized user. Maximum one (1) entry per person or email address during the Sweepstakes Period. All discovered additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Online entries must be made by an individual from a stand-alone computer device and may not be made by proxy or any electronic/automated means such as script, bot, macro or any other similar software or program. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods or artifice will void that entrant’s entries, and that entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win, including an active, valid, email address, for which you are the authorized holder. Incomplete, corrupted or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. It is entrant's responsibility to keep his/her email address current and to monitor it because any notifications, including winner notifications, relating to the Sweepstakes will be sent to the email address on file. "Authorized holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an online email provider, Internet access provider, online service provider, or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. In the case of a dispute regarding who submitted a particular online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account. Potential winner may be required to show proof of name and being the authorized account holder of the email to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. A potential winner is subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant's email account to receive email messages.
4. Winner Selection: One (1) Grand Prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) will be chosen in a random drawing approximately twenty (20) days after Sweepstakes-End from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified within five (5) days after the selection is made by email using the email address supplied upon entry. It is a potential Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility to respond to a winner notification, including supplying the full contact information requested, within three (3) business days of the time the notification was sent to the potential Grand Prize Winner. A potential Winner will be required to execute and return to Sponsor (by email or mail) within five (5) business days from the date the documents are emailed, an Affidavit of Eligibility (or a Declaration of Compliance if the winner is Canadian), a Liability Release, a W-9 tax form (for U.S. residents only) and (where legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). Prize is non-assignable or transferable, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
If a selected winner and his/her guest (i) does not return the Prize Claim Documents by the provided deadline, (ii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, or (iii) if the potential Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Rules, that winner may be disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner to be selected in a separate random drawing. Upon disqualification, no compensation will be given. Failure to meet deadlines will indicate definitively that the prize has been declined and, without further notice, an alternative Grand Prize Winner may be selected by the Sponsor according to the procedure listed above. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is not received by a potential winner for any reason. If winner is a Canadian resident, he/she must answer a time limited arithmetic skill testing question as a condition to winning the prize. Not providing the answer within the required time period, providing an incorrect or incomplete answer, or noncompliance with the terms of administration of the test question will result in disqualification of the potential winner and an alternate winner being selected. Prizes will be awarded upon winner verification. Non-winning entrants will not be notified. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. Should a greater number of prize claims be received because of printing, emailing, phoning, messaging, programming errors or for any reason whatsoever, only the prizes and the values stated in these Official Rules will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Sponsor according to these Official Rules. The Grand Prize will be awarded provided it is claimed properly according to these Official Rules. THE POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHO’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. Quantity, Prize, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) and Odds: (1) Grand Prize: A $1,000 credit towards any hotel that can be booked through Travelzoo on its websites (which includes Travelzoo’s booking engine, local deal, or getaway). The winner can specify dates and location based on availability. Hotel reservations may have certain restrictions and be subject to black-out dates. The Sponsor (Travelzoo) will fulfill the $1,000 credit towards any hotel that can be booked on Travelzoo’s websites. Grand Prize winner will be responsible for all other expenditures not specifically mentioned here, including, without limitation, transportation to/from departure/arrival airports, all meals and beverages, gratuities, incidentals, personal expenses and travel/medical/baggage insurance. Winner agrees that neither Sponsor nor any other affiliated party will be responsible for payment of any expenses beyond those included within the prize description above. No substitution by winners or cash equivalent is allowed. The prize cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash. Grand Prize Winner must book the hotel through Sponsor. All Grand Prize hotel bookings must be completed by September 27th, 2017 or it will be forfeited in its entirety without any compensation. Grand Prize winner will be asked to supply a valid, major credit card at all hotel check-ins to cover any expenses not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Once hotel arrangements have been confirmed, no changes will be allowed except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner is permitted. If for any reason whatsoever, winner is unable to travel after hotel arrangements have been made and paid, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner.
6. General: By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sweepstakes winner selection and verification will be conducted by the Sponsor (Travelzoo), whose decision is final and legally binding. No entrant or Grand Prize Winner shall have the right to contest any decision by Sponsor concerning any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the interpretation of the Official Rules or the determination as to the qualification of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for those who cannot enter due to technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, virus contamination or network problems, or for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason including, but not limited to, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors, human errors including, but not limited to, errors by Sponsor’s representatives who enter incorrect information into any of their computer systems. Proof of entry is not proof of entry receipt. If in Sponsor's sole determination, it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, human error or any other causes beyond Sponsor's control, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and to select the Grand Prize winner from among eligible entries received up to the time of cancellation/termination. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry from the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor's sole judgment entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Without limitation, all of an entrant's entries will be disqualified, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, if entrant attempts (i) to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules; or (ii) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent; or (iii) attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability for damage caused to entrant's or any other person's/entity's computer hardware or device, software or communications network, regardless of cause.
7. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. These Official Rules are governed by the laws of New York State, without regard to its conflicts of law doctrine. If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state, local or agency law regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
To the extent allowed by law, winner is solely responsible for the payment of any taxes that may be due as a result of the acceptance or use of any prize, including that winner is responsible for all federal, state, local, provincial and other applicable taxes associated with winning the prize.
8. RELEASES/LIMITATIONOF LIABILITY. BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, A PARTICIPANT EXPLICITLY RELEASES, DISCHARGES AND HOLDS HARMLESS, THE SPONSOR, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, LOSSES, DAMAGES, ACTUAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, CLAIMS AND DEMANDS WHATSOEVER IN LAW OR EQUITY, INCLUDING ALL COSTS, WHICH HE/SHE NOW HAS OR MAY ACQUIRE, BY REASON OF ANY PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, OR ANY REASON, OCCURRING DURING OR ARISING OUT OF HIS/HERPARTICIPATION OR NON-PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE ACCEPTANCE AND USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO FORCE MAJEURE. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILLNOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO ANY PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OFANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/ORPRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE. BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, WINNER WAIVES THE RIGHT TO: i) ASSERT AS A COST OF WINNING THE PRIZE ANY AND ALL COSTS OF VERIFICATION AND REDEMPTION OR TRAVEL TO REDEEM SAID PRIZE, AND ii) CLAIM ANY LIABILITY (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES AND COSTS) WHICH MIGHT ARISE FROM REDEEMING OR SEEKING TO REDEEM SAID PRIZE(INCLUDING ANY TRAVEL RELATED THERETO).
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, By participating in the promotion, each entrant agrees to indemnify the Released Parties and hold them harmless from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, (including, but not limited to, any attorney’s fees, and without limitation, any special, incidental or consequential damages), or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes, or arising out of participation in any promotion-related or prize-related activity, or the receipt, enjoyment, participation in, use or misuse, of any prize-related activity, whether hosted by Sponsor or a third party.
WITHOUTLIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAYNOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVELIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. Publicity. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission to Sponsor to use the Grand Prize Winner's name, voice and likeness and any and all identifying characteristics (excluding address and phone number) for promotional, advertising and publicity purposes by Sponsor (including posting to the Sponsor's websites or a Sweepstakes Winners List), worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission. This permission includes, but is not limited to, the taking of photographs and/or videos by Sponsor's photographer/videographer for publicity purposes, without further consent or compensation, and Grand Prize Winner agrees to execute any and all documents requested by Sponsor to convey such rights to own all the results thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and Grand Prize Winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
10.The Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules.
11.Disputes. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in New York County, New York. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys' fees. The parties hereby waive their right to a jury trial with respect to all claims and issues arising out of or relating to this agreement or the Sweepstakes. Some jurisdictions will not recognize the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New York and/or do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
13. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Travelzoo, Inc., 590 Madison Ave, New York, NY10022