“S.O.S. Who Knew? Sweepstakes”
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning a prize. The “S.O.S. “Who Knew? Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by The Clorox Company (the “Sponsor”) and administered by Woobox (the “Administrator”) begins on October 9, 2014 at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on October 31, 2014 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited by law.
2. Eligibility: In order to participate in the Sweepstakes, you must be (as of the date you enter) a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) who is 18 years of age or older. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, the Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, parent company, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate families (defined as including spouse, biological, adoptive or step-parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period: A) Entry Via S.O.S. Page on the Facebook Platform: Visit https://www.facebook.com/pages/SOS/659089027513596, (the “S.O.S. Page on the Facebook Platform”) which you must “like” in order to receive access to the “S.O.S. Who Knew? Sweepstakes” Entry Form. Upon entering the required Sweepstakes registration information on the Entry Form, eligible participants will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. “Share With Friends” Bonus Entries: Upon successfully submitting the Sweepstakes registration information, entrants will be provided an opportunity to share a link to the Sweepstakes with friends via their Facebook and Twitter accounts. Entrants will earn one (1) Bonus Entry into the Sweepstakes for each friend that clicks the entrant’s link and subsequently enters the Sweepstakes – up to a Maximum of twenty-four (24) total Bonus Entries. B) Mail-in Entry: Legibly hand-print your name, complete mailing address, phone number, date of birth, email address (if available) on a 3” x 5” piece of paper, insert the paper into a stamped #10 envelope and mail it to “S.O.S. Who Knew Entry” PO Box 1414, Batavia, IL 60510, postmarked by October 31, 2014 and received by November 7, 2014. Limit twenty-five (25) total Sweepstakes entries (For Facebook entry: one via Sweepstakes Registration and up to twenty-four entries via “Share With Friends” Bonus Entries, For Mail-in Entry up to twenty-five mail in entries) per person / email address during the course of the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of means of entry. If it is discovered that a participant has attempted to register for the Sweepstakes with multiple e-mail addresses, social media accounts or under multiple identities, or uses any other method or device to register multiple times during the Sweepstakes Period, such participant will be disqualified. Participants are solely responsible for Internet connectivity, software and/or hardware that may be required in order to submit an entry. All entries must be submitted in accordance with these Official Rules; no other method of entry into this Sweepstakes will be permitted. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries must be made by an individual only. Group entries are prohibited. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you fully and unconditionally agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
4. Sweepstakes Random Drawings: On or around November 10, 2014, a random drawing will be conducted by an independent sweepstakes administrator from among all valid, eligible entries received over the course of the Sweepstakes Period to award the fifty (50) prizes. All decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning a prize depends upon the total number of eligible entries received over the course of the Sweepstakes Period.
5. Prizes / Approximate Retail Value: (50) Prizes: One-Year supply of S.O.S. pads. Each Prize is a one-year supply of S.O.S. pads, awarded in the form of twelve (12) ten-count boxes of S.O.S. pads. Approximate retail value of each Prize is $35.88. Total retail value of all available prizes is $1,794.00.
6. Potential Winner Notification: Potential prize winners will be notified via email within forty-eight (48) hours of the applicable drawing date. Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative will attempt to notify potential winners using the contact information supplied by the entrant during the Sweepstakes entry process. If a potential prize winner fails to respond to the notification attempt within five (5) days of notification attempt, or if the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Potential Prize winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity and Advertising Consent and Release (except where prohibited by law) and such other documents reasonably required by Sponsor as a condition of receiving the prize. All such documents must be signed and returned within five (5) days of receiving documents or prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected.
7. Other Conditions of Participation: Prizes may not be transferred or assigned. No prize substitution or cash redemption will be allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to Sponsor’s use of winner's name, city and state of residence, statements about the Sweepstakes and/or likeness for publicity, advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide (including but not limited to social media) without limitation and without further compensation or notice (unless prohibited by law). Once the prize or prize element has been delivered to the winner’s residence via delivery-confirmed mail or courier, the prize is considered “awarded.” All income taxes on any prize awarded are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned except as provided herein. By entering, Sweepstakes entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. By participating, entrants agree to release Sponsor, Administrator, Facebook, Inc. and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, wholesalers, retailers or distributors or advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities of any nature whatsoever, which entrant may now or hereafter be entitled to assert, including but not limited to, any death, injury, loss of enjoyment, damage to computer equipment, or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever caused or contributed to by participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or in connection with the awarding, receipt and use or misuse of the prize (if awarded to him/her), and/or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Released Parties are not responsible for (i) entries that are lost, late, stolen, damaged, garbled, destroyed or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network or, software; (iv) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (vi) any typographical or other error in any printing or advertising related to the Sweepstakes, in the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prize winners, or (vii) cheating or fraud by any entrant.
If for any reason this Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or if this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the original end date, the Sponsor will select the prize winners from among all valid, non-suspect entries received as of the time/date of termination of the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or any aspect of this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY CORRUPT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Any participant who is notified that he or she has won is the potential winner until Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the participant is eligible to win in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize (if awarded to him/her) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate state or federal court located in Alameda County, California, and litigation and/or trials will be decided solely by a judge. ENTRANT WAIVES TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY SUCH ACTION(S); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
8. Winner’s List: To receive a winners list, mail a stamped, self-addressed envelope accompanied with a signed, hand-printed request to “S.O.S. Who Knew? Winner’s List”, PO Box 11508, Bozeman, MT 59719-1508. All requests must be received by December 15, 2014.
9. Sponsor: The Clorox Company 1221 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612
Administrator: Woobox 810 Main Street, Vancouver, WA 98660
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor only, and NOT to Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Released Parties and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used in accordance with the privacy statement of The Clorox Company, which is available at http://www.thecloroxcompany.com/legal/privacy/en-us/ and the privacy statement of Woobox, which is located at http://www.woobox.com/privacy.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.