JENNY CRAIG SUCCESS STORIES OF THE YEAR CONTEST
Do you have an inspirational Jenny Craig weight loss success story? Enter the Jenny Craig Success Story Contest to win a chance to appear in Jenny Craig’s national marketing campaign for 2019 plus receive an all-expense paid trip to Los Angeles, California for a professionally styled photo and video shoot.
1. HOW IT WORKS: Jenny Craig invites its members, former members and consultants who have previously had success on the program to submit an original short essay (400 words or less) that tells their “Jenny Craig Weight Loss Story” along with original “before” and “after” photographs that showcase their transformation. There are two rounds of winners: Semi-Finalists and Finalists. For round one, eligible entries will be judged to determine 15 Success Story of the Year Semi-Finalists. For round two, Semi- Finalists’ entries will be judged to determine 8 Success Story of the Year Grand Prize Winners (Finalists and Grand Prize Winners are collectively referred to as “Winners”). Members who enter are encouraged to include information about their Jenny Craig Personal Consultant in the Personal Essay and those Consultants may be requested to participate in the Semi-Finalist and/or Finalist portion of the contest, including joining for the live Skype interview and/or live in-person interview and attending the photo and video shoot. Winners will have the chance to appear in national advertising and marketing efforts for Jenny Craig’s 2019 campaign.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Starting Monday, April 16, 2018 at 9:00 AM PT, until Friday, June 1, 2018 at 11:59 PM PDT, visit www.jennycraig.com/MyStory and complete all required fields in the online entry form to enter electronically. You will be required to type your original 400-word (or fewer) “Jenny Craig Success Story” essay.
Entries must include before and after images, personal information, contact information, and personal story outlined in the entry form (collectively the “Entry”) and any submission without this information and/or photos will NOT be considered and will be disqualified. Images that are full body and unaltered (no cropping, stretching, etc.) are required. The “before” image should reflect the time when you started with Jenny Craig. The “after” image can be taken at or near goal weight, but must be reflective of your current weight. Your completed Official Entry Form (including your essay), your “before” photograph (before weight loss) and your “after” photograph (after your lost weight) must be submitted together. Partially completed entries will not be accepted and will not be reviewed.
Limit one (1) Entry per person. You may enter the contest under one name and one e-mail address. Enter using only an e-mail address subscribed and registered in your name. If you submit more than the stated number of entries, only your first entry will be considered and, in the case of multiple entries you may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, be disqualified from the contest. In the event of a dispute about entries submitted by multiple individuals using the same e-mail account, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the contest at the actual time of entry. The authorized e-mail account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet-access provider, online-service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entries generated through a third-party contest club, site or similar method, or those generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
All entries must be received by June 1, 2018. Sponsor is not responsible for late, mutilated, incomplete, lost, illegible, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, or incomprehensible entries. Photos must be of entrant only and void of logos or brand names. All entries must be in English.
3. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: No purchase is necessary, but entrant must submit an essay and before and after pictures for chance to win. Before and after images must be original to the entrant (not copied, adapted, or reproduced from any other source and not a collaboration with any other person); must not have been previously entered in any other weight-loss plan’s contest (previous Jenny Craig contest entry is allowed), nor created, displayed, published, or otherwise reproduced publicly or professionally (whether or not for sale). Each entrant represents and warrants that the Entry and all elements thereof are the original creations of that entrant; have not been copied in whole or in part from a copyrighted or proprietary story belonging to someone else; and do not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right of any person or entity.
By submitting an Entry, entrants are representing that the Entry is true and accurately reflects his/her experience following Jenny Craig. Competition winners must be willing to sign an affidavit stating that Jenny Craig was the only diet followed, weight loss is attributable to following the Jenny Craig program, and the Entry information truly and accurately reflects the entrant’s experience following the Jenny Craig program. The weight loss amount claimed in the Entry must be maintained throughout the contest period and throughout 2019 if entrant is selected as a Grand Prize Winner. Monthly weigh-ins at a local Jenny Craig center are required throughout 2019. By submitting an Entry or accepting any prize, entrants understand and agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that Sponsor is granted a world-wide, unlimited, irrevocable royalty-free license in and to all Entry materials in whole or in part (including any copyrights and derivative works and concepts or ideas depicted therein), to use in any media, for a period of five years. The Entry, in whole or in part, may be edited, modified, adapted, published, reproduced, and used commercially by Sponsor for any purpose and in any media whatsoever during the license term, without further compensation or review and will not be returned. Entrants assume all risk of lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or illegible entries. Entries, in whole or in part, that are (in Sponsor's sole judgment) inappropriate, noncompliant, or are in any other respect unsuitable (at the sole discretion of the Sponsor) will not be considered. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to refuse, disqualify, or withdraw any Entry and/or entrants at any time during the contest. In the event the Entry or any part thereof is found at any time to plagiarize or otherwise contain third party property, the Sponsor will disqualify the entrant and, if previously adjudged a winner, will require prize forfeiture and return.
All Entries and participation in this contest shall be governed by these Complete Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and its judges, whose decisions shall be final, binding, and conclusive on all matters. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges.
See also Section 6 Conditions of Participation and Section 10 General Rules.
4. JUDGING: This is a skill contest and chance plays no part in determining the winners. This contest consists of two separate rounds of judging during which submissions will be rated based on the applicable judging criteria – a semi-finalist round and a final round. Entrants must be willing and able to participate in a video and phone interview and/or in-person interview in June or July 2018 and must be available to travel to Los Angeles, CA in September 2018. Exact dates to be determined. All entries will be judged by a panel of up to ten judges selected by Jenny Craig.
ROUND ONE: All entries will be preliminarily judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives to determine the 15 Semi-Finalist Winning Stories, the entrants of which are referred to herein as “Semi Finalists”. All entrants’ Jenny Craig personal consultants may be considered while determining the Semi-Finalists, so the story may be judged on the individual entrant or both the entrant and consultant together. Entries will be judged on the essay and will be based on the following criteria: Inspiration as expressed in essay - 50%; Originality & Creativity of essay - 15% and Clarity of essay - 15%; Ability of Photos to showcase weight loss journey – 20%. All Semi-Finalists will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone by July 16, 2018. In the event of a tie, tiebreaker will be based on the highest score for Inspiration as expressed in the essay.
ROUND TWO/FINAL JUDGING: Each Semi-Finalist may be asked to be accompanied by their Jenny Craig personal consultant at an interview; together the pair will be judged as a single story. All accompanying consultants must be active Jenny Craig consultants. If the Semi-Finalist is accompanied by his or her Jenny Craig personal consultant and is subsequently chosen as one of the Grand Prize Winners, then only the entrant will receive the Grand Prize. The accompanying consultant will also receive a prize, as stated in Section 5. Each of the Semi-Finalists and accompanying consultants must complete a video interview (such as with Skype) and/or a phone interview and/or an in-person meeting with Sponsor’s advertising agency in June or July 2018. All out of pocket expenses for this interview or meeting will be covered by Sponsor. These live interviews will narrow the Semi-Finalists down to 8 Final Grand Prize Winners. Semi-Finalists will be required to verify their current weight either at a local Jenny Craig center or through another means of verification. Entries will be judged on the interview and will be based on the following criteria: Inspiration as expressed in live interview - 50%; Articulation and clarity of personal weight loss journey in live interview - 50%.
Grand Prize Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone by August 31, 2018. In the event of a tie, tiebreaker will be based on the highest score for Inspiration as expressed in live interview.
5. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: Fifteen (15) to Thirty (30) Semi-Finalist Prizes to be awarded to the Semi-Finalist winning entrant and his/her accompanying consultant. Each member will receive 1 week of Jenny Craig menu items and all will receive a goodie bag with Jenny Craig items like a water bottle, apron, deluxe kitchen tools and more (ARV: $225 for members and $50 for consultants).
Eight (8) Grand Prizes to be awarded to the member and/or consultant entrant of the 8 Grand Prize Winning Stories: An all-expense paid 4-day/4-night trip to Los Angeles in September 2018 with all travel expenses, as listed below, covered by Sponsor, professionally styled for potential use in Sponsor’s marketing and advertising campaign for 2019, including but not limited to TV spots, video, social media, public relations, and other collateral. A professional celebrity photographer will be shooting all still images. Trip includes round-trip coach air transportation from major airport nearest winner’s home, meals, deluxe hotel accommodations and ground transportation between hotel and airport and hotel and studio valued on average at $2,630. Grand Prize also includes $5,000 upon completion of September shoot, $1,000 for maintaining weight at weigh-ins on or around 1/1/2019 and 6/1/2019, as well as one week of Jenny Craig menu items valued at $175 (for members only) plus a goodie bag valued at $50 plus a group activity such as tickets to an event, a spa activity, or other outing to be determined by Sponsor valued at $300. (ARV: $7,525). The $5,000 and two $1,000 payments will be made in the form of check made out to Winner. Winners will also receive the following while on the all-expense paid trip, photoshoot hair & makeup artist, photo shoot hair & makeup assistant, Jenny Craig Robe, and wardrobe for photoshoot (ARV: $1,500). Accompanying and non-accompanying consultant to any Grand Prize winning entrant will receive a prize of $2,000 (awarded in the form of a check) plus a gift pack valued at $50. (ARV: $2,050) If consultant is chosen to participate in photo and video shoot then accompanying consultant will also receive the all-expense paid 4-day/4-night trip to Los Angeles in September as described above, plus a group activity such as tickets to an event, spa activity, or other outing to be determined by Sponsor valued at $300. (ARV: $6,430) All accompanying consultants must be active Jenny Craig consultants to receive prizes. The actual retail value of the trip will depend on winner's point of departure/return. Winners who live within a 100 mile radius of destination will receive ground transportation in lieu of the air transportation. Prizes consist of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize.
All prizes are to be awarded by a provider selected by Sponsor. The winners may also win additional prizes, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor is under no obligation to award additional prizes. No prize assignment or transfer is permitted. If a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the sole right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. No cash substitution of any prizes will be offered in whole or in part.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: All Semi-Finalists and any accompanying consultants will be selected and notified by e-mail and/or telephone by July 2018 and will be required to participate in a video and phone interview and/or in-person meeting within approximately five (5) days of notification. In the event of noncompliance, if a potential winner cannot be reached at the email address or phone number provided on their entry, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, that prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with these complete Official Rules.
All Grand Prize Winners must attend monthly weigh-ins at their local Jenny Craig center or otherwise verify their current weight throughout 2019 in order for Jenny Craig to ensure the weight loss representations are current.
All federal, state, and other taxes, fees, and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the each prize winner. By participating and accepting a prize, where permitted by law, each winner grants to Sponsor (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing), and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsor, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including, but not limited to, the World Wide Web, at any time(s), the winner's name, image, voice, likeness, biographical information and Entry for art, trade, advertising and/or promotional purposes without additional compensation or review.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: All entrants agree to release and hold harmless the promotion entities from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, damages, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, arising in whole or in part directly or indirectly, from their participation in the contest (in whole or in part); participation in contest-related activities; use (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of the recipe and/or Entry in whole or in part during or after the contest; and the delivery, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for prize quality or utility. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web-site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the contest or by any technical or human error that might occur in the processing of submission in the contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation or transmission; communications-line failure; or theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration or failure to collect Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines; computer online systems, servers, or providers; computer equipment; software; or failure of e-mail or Entry on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participant's or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this contest or downloading materials from this Web site. Sponsor is not responsible for user cheating or fraud by any entrants. Any activities intended to disrupt or interfere with the proper play of the contest or defraud Sponsor in any way will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Participants who engage in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, due to, without limitation, infection by computer virus, worm, or bugs; tampering; unauthorized intervention; fraud; technical failures; or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest.
8. GENERAL RULES: Location of video and photo shoot is subject to change at sole discretion of sponsor. Winners will be notified of any such change within 10 days prior to photo and video shoot. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Canada (excluding Quebec) and who are 21 years of age or older as of date of entry. All accompanying consultants to semi-finalists or finalists must be current Jenny Craig consultants in order to participate in contest or to win prizes. Void where prohibited. Entrants understand and agree to abide by all Jenny Craig policies and regulations, and that failure to abide by such policies may result in disqualification, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entrants confirm they have lost weight on the Jenny Craig program only and understand that this will be verified by Sponsor. Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and judges’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters. All materials submitted become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. Entrants understand and agree that all rights in materials submitted to Sponsor, including without limitation the copyrights, right to print, publish, distribute, sell, advertise, and promote, are granted and or assigned to Sponsor. All federal, state and local income taxes, gratuities, incidental expenses, meals, telephone calls, fees or charges for changing dates, transportation and other costs and expenses relating to the use or acceptance of prizes not expressly listed are the sole responsibility of Winner. Travel insurance is not included. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Potential Finalists must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release/Prize Acceptance Form within 5 days of attempted notification certifying that entry submission is entrant’s own original work, has not been previously distributed or promoted, has not won a previous prize or award and that he/she has followed the Official Rules of the Contest. Noncompliance within this time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected. All travelers must execute a Release of Liability prior to ticketing and must possess required travel documents (e.g. valid photo I.D. and if applicable, a valid passport) prior to departure. All travelers must agree to travel on dates specified by Sponsor; dates of departure and return are subject to change and are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Submissions may not contain profanities or obscenities and may not in any way disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor. Sponsor/judges reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entry that, in their sole opinion, refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, the Contest or any other person or entity, or does not comply with these requirements or these Official Rules. Submissions must be original and not have been previously published. Submissions must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in sole determination of judges and/or Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to: (a) use entrant’s name and likeness and publish all materials submitted, (b) alter, amend, edit or change materials prior to publication (c) use, publish, reproduce, alter, amend and copyright materials for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law, and (d) to modify, adapt or reproduce all materials in full, or to crop all materials for reproduction. By accepting prize, Winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of prize. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or announcement of any prize or in the administration of the promotion. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
ONLINE NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Not responsible for faulty, incorrect or mistranscribed, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the Contest as determined by Sponsor/judging agency/administrator, in their sole discretion. Any damage made to the Web Site will be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
9. WINNERS: To receive a list of winners, send an email to PR@CJC.com with “SUCCESS CONTEST WINNERS” as the subject line. Requests must be received by October 15, 2018 at 4p.m. PT. The list will be sent via email to your email address once all winners have been verified and no later than February 15, 2019.
10. DISPUTES: This contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Texas, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Waco, Texas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages (including reasonable attorneys' fees), other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. SPONSOR: JC USA, Inc., 5770 Fleet Street, Carlsbad, CA 92008