Vudu Hidden “V” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Sponsor: Vudu, Inc., a division of Walmart Stores, Inc., 600 West California Avenue, Sunnyvale, California, 94086.
2. Eligibility: To be eligible for the “Vudu Hidden ‘V’ Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”), as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period (defined below), entrants must (i) be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, (ii) have reached the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, and (iii) have access to the Internet and an email address. Officers, directors and employees of Vudu, Inc., Walmart Stores, Inc., and their partners, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate, and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited by law.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. If you participate via your mobile phone, such activity will be subject to the charges pursuant to your wireless service provider’s rate plan. Please consult your wireless service provider for more information.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING PRIZE: The prize consists of $100 in Vudu credit. Winners must redeem this credit by March 1, 2018; winners will then have four (4) months after the date of redemption to use the redeemed credit. See Section 8 below for prize details.
4. Timing: The Sweepstakes starts at 10:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on January 23, 2018, and ends at 11:59:59 PM on January 30, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s computer or that of its designee is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones.
5. How it works: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible participants can enter in the following manner:
NOTE: ENTRY TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS LIMITED TO ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Sponsor discourages the creation of multiple email accounts. Any entries discovered to have been submitted by the same individual using multiple email accounts may be disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the natural person assigned to the email account associated with the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the relevant email account. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted.
All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries.”
6. Entry Requirements and Restrictions: Ineligible entries include entries that are incomplete or otherwise fail to comply with these Official Rules, including the entry requirements described in Section 5. Proof of submitting an entry will not be deemed by Sponsor to constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry. Entries made by any individual or any entity on behalf of entrant, and/or using any e-mail address other than the entrant’s, or entries submitted at any other website, including, without limitation, commercial Sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Within approximately 14 days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor or its designee will conduct a random drawing to select ten (10) potential winners from among all Eligible Entries received. Following the drawing, the potential winners will be notified at the email address submitted at the time of entry. Potential winners will have 48 hours from when the prize notification is sent to respond to such notification. If a potential winner does not respond as instructed in the prize notification within 48 hours, then such person may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected via random drawing, if time permits.
NOTE: Potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver the prize, the prize may not be re-awarded.
Where permitted by law, potential winners may be required to submit an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit”). Failure to submit the Affidavit as instructed by Sponsor may also result in the disqualification of potential winner and the selection of an alternate potential winner in the manner described above. Non-compliance with these Official Rules, failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification.
8. Prize: Each winner will receive $100 in Vudu credit to be applied towards the purchase of streaming content available through the Vudu service. Available content may change from time to time and can be reviewed at www.vudu.com. Credit is ineligible for use on Disc + Digital or Mix & Match purchases. Sponsor will send winners an email with a code that can be used to redeem the credit. The email from Sponsor will provide instructions on the process for redeeming and applying the credit towards the purchase of Vudu content. IMPORTANT NOTE: The credit must be redeemed by March 1, 2018; winners will then have four (4) months after the date of redemption to use the redeemed credit. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $100. Total ARV of all prizes: $1,000.
Odds of winning depend on number of Eligible Entries received. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prize is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if the prize or any portion of the prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Actual retail value of prize may differ from stated ARV and Sponsor will not award any difference between actual value and ARV. Actual prize may differ from any promotional images. Prize winner is responsible for all federal, state, or local taxes associated with prize acceptance. Winners are advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of accepting a prize.
9. Disqualifications: If an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then such entrant will be disqualified. If a prize, prize documentation or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or unclaimed, this will result in disqualification. In the event a potential winner is deemed ineligible or disqualified for any reason under the provisions of the Official Rules, then an alternate potential winner may be selected via a random drawing from the applicable pool of Eligible Entries as described above in Section 7, if time permits.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Termination/Modification/Suspension of Sweepstakes: Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time in its sole discretion. In the event an insufficient number of Eligible Entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes with no liability of any kind.
11. Sweepstakes Conditions: By entering, each entrant agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and any other documents required by Sponsor herein and by the decisions of Sponsor, and to waive any right to claim ambiguity in this Sweepstakes, the Official Rules or any other documents required by Sponsor herein, (b) to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor, Walmart Stores, Inc., and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, parent companies, affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries and agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, demands, causes of action, penalties and expenses arising out of or related to any statement, action or failure to act by entrant during or in connection with his/her participation herein and/or any breach or alleged breach of these Official Rules or of any other documents required by Sponsor and, (c) not to sue and to hereby irrevocably and unconditionally release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liabilities, claims and demands of any kind or nature whatsoever, in law or equity, whether known or unknown, which entrant (or entrant’s successors-in-interest, heirs and/or agents) ever had, now have, or in the future may have against the Released Parties, including, but not limited to claims arising out of or related to personal injury (including death) and/or damage, theft, loss or any other harm, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity, (ii) the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, (iii) the use of any of the rights granted herein (including, without limitation, the use and exploitation of the participant’s Entry, name, address [city and state], biographical information, statements, voice, photograph, and/or other likeness), (iv) any malfunction or other problem with any Sweepstakes website or webpage, (v) any error in the collection or retention of entry information, and (vi) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize.
12. Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Sponsor has no liability of any kind with respect to any winner’s use or enjoyment of any prized awarded.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
13. Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
All disputes, claims or demands that relate to these Official Rules will first be brought to the attention of the other party and will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. The receiving party shall have sixty (60) days from the date of such notice to remedy the described breach or violation and notify the complaining party in writing of the resolution. If the dispute, claim or demand is not resolved to the satisfaction of the complainant within 60 days, the complainant may request an informal resolution conference (mediation), which if agreed to by the other party will be scheduled to occur within 21 days of the written response. Each party shall have the right to be represented at such a conference by counsel and will ensure that a decision-maker with full and complete authority to resolve the dispute attends the conference. Such conference will be in front of a third party mediator chosen by the parties. If the parties do not agree to conference or are unable to resolve a dispute after such a conference, the parties agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim or demand related in any way to these Official Rules will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between the parties, of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Official Rules, shall be submitted to JAMS for binding arbitration under its applicable rules then in effect, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.
14. License: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, entrants grant to Sponsor the right to use and publish their name and city, state, statements, photograph, voice and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Sweepstakes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice, compensation, consideration, review or consent and without regard to moral rights, except where prohibited by law.
15. Winner List: The names of the winners of the Sweepstakes may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope indicating the Sweepstakes for which the name of the winner is sought, to: Vudu Hidden “V” Sweepstakes Winners List: 600 West California Avenue, Sunnyvale, California 94086. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or Sponsorship of the Sweepstakes. You are providing your information to the Sponsor and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes.