Albertsons/Safeway Local Adventures Sweepstakes
2016 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN ALBERTSON/SAFEWAY LOCAL ADVENTURES SWEEPSTAKES (THE “SWEEPSTAKES”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Colorado who are 18 years of age or older as of August 3, 2016. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- HERE’S HOW TO ENTER:
Beginning 6:00 a.m. Mountain Time on August 3, 2016 and ending at 11:00 p.m. Mountain Time on September 4, 2016 visit the Sweepstakes website at: www.Safeway.com/LocalAdventures or www.Albertsons.com/LocalAdventures to enter. Complete the online entry form in its entirety and follow online instructions to submit. All online entries must be received by 11:00 p.m. Mountain Time on September 4, 2016 to be eligible. Entries must include the following information or they will not be accepted: Full Name, E-Mail Address, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Birth Date, and Daytime Telephone Number. Only one on-line entry per person per week will be accepted.
Or, to enter without purchase, hand print your Full Name, E-Mail Address, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Birth Date, Daytime Telephone Number and provide your signature (your signature certifies that you are 18 years of age or older and have complied with all of the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes) on a 3” x 5” card and mail to: Albertsons/Safeway Local Adventures Sweepstakes c/o Albertsons LLC, 6900 S. Yosemite Street Centennial, CO 80112. Limit one entry per person per week. All mail-in entries must be received by 5:00p.m. Mountain Time on September 4, 2016.
- RANDOM DRAWING(S): Sponsors will conduct a random drawing on September 5, 2016 from among all eligible entries received. Sponsors will notify potential winners by telephone or email. Sponsors will make 1 attempt to contact the potential winner via telephone or email within 72 hours from the time the judges complete the drawing. If Sponsors are unable to reach a potential winner by telephone within 72 hours after a potential winner’s name is drawn, then that potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential prize winner’s entry will be drawn from all remaining eligible entries. Limit one prize per family or household. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE: Three (3) Grand Prize winners will be randomly selected to receive one of the following Local Adventures for winner and a guest:
Grand Junction Wine Country Getaway (dates TBD) includes:
- 2 night stay at the Wine Country Inn
- Receive a private label wine at check in, wine glasses, opener & house-made truffles plus a wine reception and deluxe breakfast.
- Enjoy a relaxing bike cruise through orchards, vineyards & wineries of the Palisade region on a 2014 sleek cruiser. All bikes are fitted with a basket to carry any goodies you pick up along the way.
- Package will also include a Picnic for two at Two Rivers Winery including two glasses of wine, 1 package of cheese, crackers, 1 tapenade or olives and chocolate for dessert.
- $100 gas gift card
Steamboat Springs Getaway (September 16-17, 2016):
- 2 night stay at the Steamboat Grand, King room with bathtub.
- 2 tickets to the Strawberry Park Hot Springs. Imagine relaxing in the 104 degree mineral water - perfect after a long day of hiking and seeing Colorado’s beautiful fall colors!
- 2 tickets to the Steamboat Springs OktoberWest. Celebrate the season at the Steamboat-style Oktoberfest including Rocky Mountain beer, local food specialties and festivities unique to Steamboat Springs.
- $100 gas gift card
Urban/Downtown Staycation(dates TBD):
- 2 Night stay at the historic Crawford Hotel
- Enjoy a cocktail at the Cooper Lounge after check-in
- Stranahans Tour: Round Trop transportation to and from the Stranahan’s Tour in the Crawford Tesla!
- Enjoy an afternoon of sipping on Colorado’s Own, Stranahan’s Whiskey!
- $100 gift card to Mercantile for dinner
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize package: $1,000. Unless otherwise specified, hotel rooms are double occupancy standard hotel room.
- GENERAL RULES: Directors, officers, and employees (including their immediate families and members of the same household) of Albertson’s LLC, Safeway Inc., and their respective parents or affiliates, and their advertising and promotional agencies, including any of their participating retailers, manufacturers, or suppliers are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws” (whether or not they live in the same household) as well as persons living in the same household. Void where prohibited by law. A prize winner may not substitute or transfer any prize. A prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes levied or assessed on the prize or value thereof. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All materials entrants submit become the property of the Sponsors and Sponsors will not return such materials. Any prize/prize notification returned to Sponsors as undeliverable will result in the entrant being disqualified from the Sweepstakes, and Sponsors will select an alternate entrant as the prize winner if time allows. Each Prize winner and his/her guests (or the parent/legal guardian if a guest is a minor) must execute a Release of Liability/ Publicity Release Form as a condition to being awarded a prize. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize offered in this Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes or accepting a prize, Sweepstakes entrant and/or the prize winner consents to the Sponsors’ and their agencies’ use of the winner's name and likeness and their minor child’s/ward’s name and likeness (if applicable) for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering the Sweepstakes or accepting a prize, the Sweepstakes entrant and/or prize winner agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Albertson’s LLC and Safeway, Inc. and their respective owners, partners, directors, officers, employees and assigns (the “Indemnified Parties”), against any and all claims, liabilities, debts, obligations, costs, fees, expenses, actions and causes of action arising out of or in any way related to the Sweepstakes; these Official Rules; any Sweepstakes entry; the negligence of any of the Sponsors; the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. Additionally, by entering the Sweepstakes or accepting a prize, Sweepstakes entrant and/or prize winner expressly agrees to forever waive, release, discharge, and covenant not to sue the Indemnified Parties with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, and/or loss or damage to person or property arising out of or in any way related to the Sweepstakes; these Official Rules; from entering the Sweepstakes or accepting a prize. Sweepstakes entrant and/or prize winner represents and warrants that he or she owns and/or has the authority to release the Claims stated herein. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Sponsors reserve the right to prohibit an individual from participating in this Sweepstakes if Sponsors suspect the individual has engaged in fraud or tampering, directly or through others, with respect to this Sweepstakes or any other promotion of Sponsors, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible, postage due, or misdirected mail, incorrect announcements of any kind, or Internet, e-mail, technical, hardware, software, or transmission failures of any kind. Proof that an entrant has submitted an entry will not be deemed proof that Sponsors received such entry. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all such submissions by such methods. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of any prizes or in the administration or promotion of this Sweepstakes.
- Prize Conditions: Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of prize specified in these Official Rules will not be awarded. Any and all air travel expenses, airport transfers, ground transportation, meals (other than those specified in the prize package), incidentals, gratuities, phone calls, luggage fees, travel insurance and applicable taxes (including, but not limited to all local, state and federal taxes) and any and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner and guests. Prize must be utilized in time period specified in the prize description and is subject to schedule and availability. If the prizewinner is unavailable within the designated dates, the specified prize will be forfeited and may or may not be awarded to an alternate prizewinner at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize is non-refundable/non-transferable. Winner and guests must comply with all applicable laws, and any rules and regulations established by Sponsor and Sponsor’s prize partner(s). Exact dates and arrangements are subject to availability. Prize is subject to all prize partner policies. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, substitution, hotel room locations, late, lost, damaged or stolen luggage or any act or omissions whatsoever by air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Lost, stolen or damaged tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. Any changes to completed arrangements, once booked, are the sole responsibility of the winner, and are solely at the winner’s expense. If, for any reason, any part of the prize package is canceled or shall become unavailable, postponed or canceled, Sponsor is not responsible for awarding any compensation in lieu thereof and shall have no further responsibility for that portion of the prize. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel. Winner and travel guests must utilize prize on same itinerary. IF WINNER IS ELIGIBLE, BUT TRAVEL GUEST(S) IS A MINOR IN HIS/HER STATE OF RESIDENCE, THE WINNER MUST BE THE GUEST’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN, NO MINOR MAY ACCOMPANY WINNER AS A GUEST IF THE WINNER IS NOT THE MINOR’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. ALL MINORS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED AT ALL TIMES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, HOTEL STAY AND ALL PRIZE-RELATED EVENTS) BY MINOR’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. Winner must sign a prize acceptance form, provide the information for their travel guests, an affidavit or verification of eligibility, and a liability/publicity release (where permitted) signed by the winner and all guests, before any booking occurs and in any case no later than the date specified by Sponsor. If required by law, Sweepstakes Administrator will report the total value of the prize to the IRS and furnish winner with a federal Form 1099-MISC. Winners must provide their social security number and, if requested, a completed Form W-9 to Sweepstakes Administrator for tax reporting purposes. Additional prize award details and information to be provided to the prizewinner at the time of notification. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner in its sole discretion. All prizes or prize vouchers must be redeemed as stated in the prize notification or otherwise stated in these Official Rules. Failure to collect or properly claim any prize will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, winner will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation, and the prize will remain the property of the Sponsor and will not be awarded, except as provided herein.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Albertsons/Safeway Local Adventures Sweepstakes, ATTN: Winners list, 6900 S. Yosemite Street Centennial, CO 80112. We must receive your request for the names of the winners by August 18, 2016.
SPONSOR(S): Safeway Albertsons / Denver Division, 6900 S. Yosemite Street Centennial, CO 80112; Entercom Denver LLC, 4700 South Syracuse Street, Suite 1050 Denver, CO 80237.
© 2016 Albertsons Companies LLC. All rights reserved. All proprietary trademarks are owned by Albertsons Companies LLC or its affiliates or subsidiaries. All third party trademarks are owned by their respective owners.