THE FOLLOWINGPROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. ONLY(EXCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, All US TERRITORIES, EXTERNAL COMMONWEALTHS ANDPOSSESSIONS) AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITEDSTATES LAW AND AMERICAN ENGLISH. YOU MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR STATEOF RESIDENCE OR OLDER TO ENTER. YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ENTER THISSWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE CRITERIA.
Travelzoo“Lucky Names” Sweepstakes
NOPURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING APRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. The “Sweepstakes Period” is from 12:00:01p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) August 10, 2015 (“Sweepstakes-Start”) to 11:59:59 a.m.ET September 11, 2015 (“Sweepstakes-End”). Sponsor’s website computerdetermines the time.
2. Eligibility: ThisSweepstakes is open only to legalresidents residing in the 50 United States and D.C. (excluding, withoutlimitation, all US territories, external commonwealths and possessions) who arethe age of majority in their state of residence as of Sweepstakes-Start and whosefirst and last names are precisely: JOHN SMITH, DAVID LEE, AMANDA JOHNSON,MARIA MARTINEZ or PRIYA PATEL. Employees, officers,directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse,parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless of where theylive) or members of household of Travelzoo, Inc. (“Sponsor”), TMACO, LLC d/b/a/THE MARKETING AGENCY (“Administrator”) and prize-providers Starwood Hotels& Resorts Worldwide, Inc. and their respective parent companies andsubsidiaries and Sponsor’s advertising, design, web design, web hosting,printing, promotion and publicity agencies and anyone connected with theproduction or distribution of this Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Entities”) andemployees, officers or directors of any tour wholesale or travel retail entityare not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
3. Howto Enter: Go to www.travelzoo.com/blog/luckynamesduring the Sweepstakes Period and follow the instructions for entering thesweepstakes. You will be asked to complete all required fields including firstand last names, ZIP code and a valid, working email address for which you arethe authorized user. Maximum one (1) entry perperson or email address during the Sweepstakes Period. Discoveredadditional entries will be disqualified. Multiple entrants are not permitted to sharethe same email address. Any attempt byany entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multipleand/or different identities, registrations, email addresses, logins, or anyother methods or artifice will void that entrant’s entries, and that entrantmay be disqualified at Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s discretion. You must provide all required information tobe eligible to enter and win, including an active, valid, functioning emailaddress, for which you are the authorized holder. Incomplete, corrupted oruntimely entries are void and will be disqualified. It isentrant's responsibility to keep his/her email address current and to monitorit because any notifications, including winner notifications, relating to theSweepstakes will be sent to the email address on file. "Authorized holder" is defined asthe natural person who is assigned an email address by an online emailprovider, Internet access provider, online service provider, or organization(e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible forassigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. In the case of a dispute regarding whosubmitted a particular online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by theauthorized account holder of the email account. Potential winners will berequired to show proof of name and being the authorized account holder of theemail to the Sponsor and/or Administrator or forfeit the prize. All potential winners are subject toverification before any prize will be awarded. Sponsor and Administratornot responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as aresult of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficientspace in entrant's email account to receive email messages. Normal Internetaccess, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service mayapply.
4. Winner Selection: Five (5) potentialGrand Prize winners (“Grand Prize Winner”) will be chosen in random drawingsapproximately twenty (20) days after Sweepstakes-End from all eligible entriesreceived during the Sweepstakes Period for each name. The potential Grand PrizeWinners will be notified within five (5) days after the selection is made by emailusing the email address supplied upon entry. It is a potential Grand Prize Winner’sresponsibility to respond to a winner notification, including supplying the fullcontact information requested, within three (3) business days of the time the notificationwas sent to the potential Grand Prize Winner. The potential Grand Prize Winnerswill then be sent an Affidavitof Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release by email and be required to execute andreturn it by fax or scan, duly completed, within five (5) business days of the dateof notification. The potential Grand Prize winners will be required to mail theAffidavits to the Administrator to be received within 10 days of the date of fax/scanreturn of Affidavit. Failure to meet both deadlines will indicate definitivelythat the prize has been declined and, without further notice, an alternative GrandPrize Winner may be selected by Administrator according to the procedure listedabove. Grand Prize Winners’ travel companion (“Companion”) will be required toexecute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) PublicityRelease-Travel Companion prior to commencement of travel or s/he will notbe permitted to travel. In the event a Companionis not able or permitted to travel, for any reason (at Sponsor’s solediscretion), that portion of the prize may be forfeited without further remedyor compensation, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only the number ofprizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Sweepstakes.Should a greater number of prize claims be received because of printing,emailing, phoning, messaging, programming errors or for any reason whatsoever,only the prizes and the values stated in these Official Rules will be awarded atthe sole discretion of the Administrator according to these Official Rules. Allprizes will be awarded provided they are claimed properly according to theseOfficial Rules. ALL POTENTIAL PRIZEWINNERSARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONSARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZEUNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEENNOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. Quantity, Prize, ApproximateRetail Value (“ARV”) and Odds: Grand Prize: Five (5) “Grand Prize” areavailable to be awarded, which consists of: A five(5)-night Hawaii vacation for two (2) adults as follows:
Inaddition, all Grand Prize winners will receive a check for $2,000 for “travelmoney.” The Grand Prize is awarded"as is" and is subject to availability, blackout dates, and the termsand conditions of the hotel. Grand Prize cannot be used in conjunction withany other offer or discount. GrandPrize winner will be responsible for all other expenditures not specificallymentioned here, including, without limitation, transportation to/fromdeparture/arrival airport, all air travel, all meals and beverages, gratuities,incidentals, personal expenses and travel/medical/baggage insurance. GrandPrize Winner must book travel through Sponsor. All Grand Prize travel must be completedby October 1, 2016 or it will be forfeited in its entirety without anycompensation. Grand Prize winner will be asked to supply a valid, major creditcard at hotel check-in to cover any expenses not specifically mentioned inthese Official Rules. ARV of Grand Prize:$4,000. All taxes are Grand Prize Winner's responsibility and a 2015 form #1099will be issued to all Grand Prize Winners for $4,000. Odds of winning a prize: Dependent on the number of eligibleentries received during the Sweepstakes Period for each Lucky Name. Should theactual value of the Grand Prize be less than the ARV stated in these OfficialRules, the difference will not be awarded in cash or kind. A Grand Prize Winneracknowledges that the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made, nor are in anymanner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee,expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize orregarding the use, value or enjoyment of the Grand Prize.
6. General: By participating in this Sweepstakes, youagree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sweepstakes administration andwinner selection and verification will be conducted by the Administrator, anindependent judging organization, whose decision is final and legally binding.No entrant or Grand Prize Winner shall have the right to contest any decisionby Sponsor or the Administrator concerning any aspect of the Sweepstakes, theinterpretation of the Official Rules, or the determination as to thequalification of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for those who cannotaccess the Internet or cannot click-through for anyperiod of time regardless of technical, hardware, software, telephone,Internet, virus contamination or network problems, or for delay, failure ormalfunction for any reason including, but not limitedto, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbledcomputer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors, humanerrors including, but not limited to, errors by Sponsor’s representatives whoenter incorrect information into any of their computer systems. Proof of entry is not proof of entryreceipt. If,in Sponsor's sole determination, it believes that the integrity of theSweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is notcapable of running as planned or fairly, including, without limitation,infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud,technical failures, force majeure, human error or any other causes beyondSponsor's control, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modifyor suspend the Sweepstakes and to select the Grand Prize winners from amongeligible entries received up to the time of cancellation/termination. Sponsorreserves the right to disqualify any entry from the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor'ssole judgment entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Withoutlimitation, all of an entrant's entries will be disqualified, in the solediscretion of Sponsor, if entrant attempts (i) to enter the Sweepstakes throughany means other than as described in these Official Rules; or (ii) providesinformation that is inaccurate or fraudulent; or (iii) attempts to disrupt theSweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability for damage caused to entrant's or anyother person's/entity's computer hardware or device, software or communicationsnetwork, regardless of cause. A Grand Prize Winner’s Companion must be at leastthe age of majority in the travel companion’s state/jurisdiction of permanentresidence, or, if a minor, the Grand Prize Winner must be the Companion’sparent and/or legal guardian. Grand Prize Winner and Companion must traveltogether on the same itinerary and are responsible for: (i) all traveldocuments including, without limitation, valid identification documentsacceptable to U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA), the U.S.Government, and any other applicable jurisdiction; (ii) meeting all medicalrequirements that may apply to the trip; (iii) full compliance with the laws,rules, and regulations of all venues and (iv) obtaining travel insurance (orany other type of insurance) at his/her option. Grand Prize Winner acknowledges that Sponsorhas not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form ofinsurance. Sponsor, hotels and airlines, as they may apply, have the right torefuse travel to anyone who does not have proper travel documents or who doesnot comply with all regulations or comport himself/herself properly. The passengercontracts in use by the airlines shall constitute the sole contracts withrespect to the Grand Prize Winner's and his/her Companion's transportation andsuch contracts shall be solely between the Grand Prize Winner, his/her Companionand the airline. Lost, stolen or damagedhotel vouchers will not be replaced or exchanged. In the event Grand Prize Winner and/or Companionengages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor at its solediscretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended tothreaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adverselyaffects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any ofSponsor’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos orcontravenes the policies of the hotel, Sponsor reserves the right to terminatethe hotel stay early with no further obligation or compensation whatsoever to GrandPrize Winner and/or Companion (which may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, resultin such Grand Prize Winner’s disqualification from the Sweepstakes and the forfeitureof any and/or all of the Grand Prize). In the event Grand Prize Winner or Companion engages in behavior duringtravel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal,tortious, or subjects Grand Prize Winner or Companion to arrest or detention,Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments orother costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Grand Prize Winneror Companion as a result of such conduct. Sponsor shall have no liability forany personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expensesresulting from or arising out of any travel related to the Grand Prize or anyother aspect of Grand Prize Winner’s or Companion’s acceptance or use of the GrandPrize. There will be no substitution or compensation for a Grand Prize or partof a Grand Prize forfeited due to Grand Prize Winner's or Companion’snon-compliance with travel and venues' regulations or any other reason. Norefund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delayof travel except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The right to receive aprize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchangeor cash equivalent will be allowed except by Sponsor who reserves the right tosubstitute a prize (or portion of prize) of comparable or greater value. If GrandPrize Winner chooses to travel alone, the Travel Money portion of the prizewill be reduced to $1,000.
7. All federal, state and locallaws and regulations apply. These Official Rules are governed by the laws of New York State,without regard to its conflicts of law doctrine. If any provision of theSweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state, local or agency law,regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and allother provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is requiredby applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or byaction of an administrative agency to cease offering the Sweepstakes in anyjurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes insuch jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove fromparticipation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from entrants residingin such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakesentrants. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shallnot constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. RELEASES/LIMITATIONOF LIABILITY. BYENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, A PARTICIPANT EXPLICITLY RELEASES, DISCHARGES ANDHOLDS HARMLESS, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTCOMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS,LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT ANDMARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS,DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, ESTATES ANDASSIGNS, ONE AND ALL (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY,ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, DAMAGES, ACTUAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, CLAIMSAND DEMANDS WHATSOEVER IN LAW OR EQUITY, INCLUDING ALL "COSTS,” WHICHHE/SHE NOW HAS OR MAY ACQUIRE, BY REASON OF ANY PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, LOSS OFOR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, OR ANY REASON, OCCURRING DURING OR ARISING OUT OFHIS/HER PARTICIPATION OR NON-PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THEACCEPTANCE AND USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOTRESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO FORCE MAJEURE. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANTAGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANYINJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT,INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, ORTO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITHTHIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADEDFROM SUCH SITE. BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, WINNERWAIVES THE RIGHT TO i) ASSERT AS A COST OF WINNING THE PRIZE ANY AND ALL COSTSOF VERIFICATION AND REDEMPTION OR TRAVEL TO REDEEM SAID PRIZE, AND ii) CLAIMANY LIABILITY (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES AND COSTS) WHICH MIGHT ARISE FROMREDEEMING OR SEEKING TO REDEEM SAID PRIZE (INCLUDING ANY TRAVEL RELATEDTHERETO). WITHOUT LIMITING THEFOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALLPRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS ORIMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THELIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGESOR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OREXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECKLOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OREXCLUSIONS.
9. Publicity. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of theGrand Prize constitutes permission to Sponsor to use the Grand Prize Winner'sname, voice and likeness and any and all identifying characteristics (excludingaddress, phone number and email address) for promotional, advertising andpublicity purposes by Sponsor (including posting to the Sponsor's websites or aSweepstakes Winners List), worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all forms ofmedia, now known or hereafter devised, without additional compensation, reviewor approval rights, notification or permission. This permission includes, but is not limitedto, the taking of photographs and/or videos by Sponsor'sphotographer/videographer for publicity purposes, without further consent orcompensation, and Grand Prize Winner agrees to execute any and all documentsrequested by Sponsor to convey such rights to own all the results thereof.Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of anyof the rights granted herein and Grand Prize Winner waives any right to inspector approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
10. TheSweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial,typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials orthese Official Rules.
11. Disputes. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes,claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakesor the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity,interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolvedindividually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in acourt of competent jurisdiction sitting in New York County, New York. Any andall claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costsincurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, and nevershall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no eventattorneys' fees. Some jurisdictions will not recognize the exclusivejurisdiction of the courts of New York and/or do not allow the limitation orexclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the abovemay not apply to you.
13.For aWinners List- available on or about November 15, 2015, send a self-addressed, stamped, size#10, business envelope to Travelzoo “Lucy Names” Sweepstakes, c/o The MarketingAgency, 2881 East Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 425, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306.Requests must be received by November 15, 2015. No mechanically reproduced orphotocopied requests allowed. Only one(1) request per outer mailing envelope. Youcannot enter the Sweepstakes using this address. Entries mailed to this addresswill be discarded.
14. Sponsor/Administrator: This Sweepstakesis sponsored by Travelzoo, Inc., 590 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10022 and isadministered by The Marketing Agency, 2881 East Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 425,Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306.
Alltrademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2015 The MarketingAgency.©2015