Christopher & Banks | CJ Banks EdYOUcation Sweepstakes- Enter to Win $2,500 Giveaway
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A purchase will not improve your chance to win. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE. The EdYOUcation Sweepstakes- Enter To Win $2,500 Giveaway (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the U.S. (exclusive of residents in Rhode Island and Puerto Rico) who are 21 years of age and older as of August 4, 2015. Employees of Christopher & Banks Corporation, Christopher & Banks, Inc., and Christopher & Banks Company (collectively, the “Company”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and website providers (individually or collectively, the “Promoters”) and their immediate family members and/or others living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win. Void in Rhode Island, territories and commonwealths including Puerto Rico, and where prohibited.
3. HOW DO I ENTER? The Contest entry period (the “Entry Period”) begins at 10 am local time on August 5, 2015 and ends at 9:00 pm local time on September 8, 2015. In order to enter the Contest and be eligible to win, during the Entry Period, you must fill out and submit an entry form card at a participating Christopher & Banks store (a “Store”) or complete the online entry form linked to from the “EdYOUcation Sweepstakes- Enter to Win $2,500 Giveaway” banner at www.christopherandbanks.com, the “EdYOUcation Sweepstakes- Enter to Win $2,500 Giveaway” tab on the Christopher & Banks Facebook Page (the “C&B Facebook Page”), or a “EdYOUcation Sweepstakes- Enter to Win $2,500 Giveaway” banner ad. The entry form (whether in-Store or online) will require you to provide your name, mailing address and email address in order to be eligible to win. All entries must be filled out legibly and completely.
4. NUMBER OF ENTRIES. Limit one entry (whether online or in-Store) (each an “Entry” and collectively, the “Entries”) per person during the Entry Period. Entrants who are determined to have exceeded this maximum number of Entries may be disqualified. Only Entries received during the Entry Period will be eligible to win the Prize. Entries may be subject to verification prior to prize drawing. All Entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned or acknowledged.
The Company may send promotional emails to the email address given upon entry. By entering the Contest, you consent to receiving these emails and you also expressly consent to the application of the Company’s Privacy Statement (available at www.christopherandbanks.com), and to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal and non-personal information as described in the Privacy Statement. You also acknowledge and agree that we may change or add to the Privacy Statement from time-to-time, and consent to the terms of and practices described in this Privacy Statement.
5. POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION. The Promoters will select one (1) potential winner (the “Potential Winner”) at random from among all of the eligible online and in-Store Entries, on or before December 2, 2015. By entering, you grant permission to be contacted by the Promoters by email in connection with the Contest. You must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules; winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. A Potential Winner is not an “Official Winner” until Potential Winner’s eligibility has been verified and the Potential Winner has been notified that he or she is an Official Winner. Promoters’ decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. The Promoters will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. If the online entry form fails for any reason, any Entry attempted during that time will be deemed a defective Entry and is void and will not be considered as an eligible Entry. Similarly, if an in-Store Entry is damaged or lost, the Entry will be deemed void and will not be considered as an eligible Entry.
6. VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER. The Potential Winner will be required to agree to the terms of a Verification, Consent and Release Agreement via email (unless prohibited) (the “Consent Form”) within five (5) days of its receipt. In the Consent Form, the Potential Winner will be required, wherever lawful, to agree in writing that:
a. Sponsor may use the name, image, likeness and persona of the Potential Winner in any print, Internet and television advertising and interviews. All such photographs, audio or video recordings and/or related material shall be the property of Sponsor.
b. Sponsor has the ultimate right, in its sole discretion, to make the final determination on all aspects of any photos, audio, or video recordings of Potential Winner, including the ultimate use or non-use of the images and/or recordings.
c. Potential Winner will be required to commit to participate in the Contest without any compensation (other than the Prize) or right of approval. Such participation may include, but is not limited to:
i. Submission of photos and information regarding the Potential Winner’s use of the Prize to learn a new skill, task or trait;
ii. Participation in a video chat with Sponsor regarding the new skill, task or trait learned; and
iii. Indefinite use of Potential Winner’s name, likeness and statements in store and on online channels, including but not limited to Sponsor’s website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media accounts.
If the Potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to return the Consent Form within the required time period, refuses the Prize for any reason or a Prize is returned as undeliverable, that Potential Winner forfeits the Prize and Promoters may select an alternate winner by random drawing.
The name of the Official Winner will be posted on the C&B Facebook Page on or before December 18, 2015.
7. WHAT CAN I WIN? The winner will receive one check valued at Two Thousand – Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500.00), to be spent at the winner’s discretion (the “Prize”). The check will be issued in December 2015 and is intended for Official Winner to learn a new skill, task or trait (approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize: $2,500.00). No prize substitution allowed by Official Winner. The Potential Winner will be notified by email, and, if verified as the Official Winner, the Prize will be delivered by US Mail to the mailing address provided on the Official Winner’s Consent Form.
If Promoters fail to receive an email response and completed Consent Form from the Potential Winner within five (5) business days of sending him/her the initial email notice that he/she is a Potential Winner, then the Prize will be considered as being forfeited and may be awarded to another eligible entrant. An unclaimed prize may not be awarded.
8. ODDS. The estimated odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received.
9. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS. Prize is non-transferable. No substitution of the Prize permitted except at the Promoters’ discretion. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, and any other costs or expenses related to acceptance and use of the Prize not specified, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. ADDITIONAL TERMS. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to (i) abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Promoters, which shall be final, and (ii) release, discharge and hold harmless Facebook, the Promoters, their affiliates, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies and the respective employees, directors and officers of the foregoing, from and against any/all claims, losses, injuries or damages, including death, resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize and/or participation in the Contest.
By accepting the Prize, the Official Winner agrees and consents, where legal, to the use of his/her name and/or likeness by the Promoters without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind for advertising, promotions and other publicity purposes in all media and on the Internet conducted by the Promoters, and upon request, will provide such consent in writing.
The Promoters reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an inappropriate, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
11. WARNING. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. PROMOTERS’ FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT PROVISION.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Promoters are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any aspects of the Contest; (iv) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the announcement of the Prize or in any Contest-related materials; or (v) any injury or damage to you or to other persons or property which may be caused from your participation in the Contest and/or your downloading of any materials related to this Contest. If for any reason your Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another Entry in the Contest. The Promoters are not responsible for any late, lost, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries, or responsible for incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. If for any reason the Contest cannot be conducted as planned by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical failures, which, in the opinion of the Promoters, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Promoters reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest may conduct a random drawing and select a winner from among all eligible entries received for the drawing prior to the action taken. In no event will the Promoters be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of participation in the Contest. Some jurisdictions may not allow limitations or the exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages, or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the aforementioned limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or conditions regarding these limitations and/or exclusions.
13. PRIVACY. Information entrants provide to the Promoters will be used to communicate with entrants regarding this Contest and otherwise as set forth in these Official Rules, as well as to contact entrants at a later date with respect to products or services that the Promoters believe may be of interest to them. Entrants are providing information to Promoters, not to Facebook. By submitting an Entry, all entrants acknowledge and agree that the personal information that they have provided will be maintained on the Company’s server and/or the server of those responsible for administering the drawing, all in accordance with the Company’s Privacy Statements, which are modified from time-to-time, the current versions of which are available at www.christopherandbanks.com.
14. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes Official Winner's consent to Promoter’s use of that Official Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, opinions, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
15. DISPUTES. Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Minnesota; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Promoters in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules or provisions (whether of the State of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
16. HOLD HARMLESS. By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Facebook, the Promoters, and their employees, officers, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this Contest, including infringement of intellectual property rights.
17. TAXES. The Official Winner will be issued a Form 1099 for the full value of the Prize. Taxes are the sole responsibility of the Official Winner.
18. SPONSOR. Christopher & Banks, Inc., 2400 Xenium Lane North, Plymouth, MN 55441, is the sponsor of this Contest. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Company reserves the right to cancel the Contest at any time and substitute another promotion in its place.
© 2015 Christopher & Banks, Inc. All rights reserved. Contest entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for entrant’s personal use and not for any other commercial purpose whatsoever.