Snow Joe “Giving it Forward” Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. Eligibility: These sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") are offered only in the United States and its territories to: (i) legal residents of The United States at least 18 years of age at date of entry; (ii) who already are registered users of Facebook prior to the start of this Sweepstakes; and (iii) have valid email addresses prior to the start of this Sweepstakes. L.C. Williams & Associates is the official Sweepstakes administrator ("Administrator"), and Snow Joe is the official Sweepstakes sponsor (“Sponsor). Employees and directors of the Administrator and the parent and subsidiary companies, and owners and independent contractors of Snow Joe and the Administrator, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and immediate families (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees and directors are not eligible. By entering, you agree to these official rules ("Official Rules") and the decisions of Administrators which are final and binding in all respects.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN PRIZE. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. Promotional Period: Promotional period begins on December 27, 2012, at 12 a.m. Pacific, and ends on December 31, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific ("Promotional Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entrant acknowledges that the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, however Facebook’s Terms apply. Each participant understands he or she is providing information to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
5. Drawing: Ten (10) prize winners ("Winners") will be selected by random drawing at the conclusion of the sweepstakes. Entries for any current Sweepstakes will not be carried forward to any subsequent drawing after this Sweepstakes concludes, unless otherwise noted. Winners of any drawing will be notified by email, or telephone within approximately 7 days of the drawing. Drawings will be conducted under the supervision of the Administrator.
6. Prizes/Odds: The Prize ("Prize") for this Sweepstake will consist of a Snow Joe Snow Broom (MSRP 20 USD) and Snow Joe Plus snow thrower (MSRP 100 USD). Prizes will be awarded for the particular Promotional Period. Non-compliance with any of these requirements may result in disqualification, in which the Sponsor may select an alternate winning entrant. Odds of winning in any drawing depend on the number of eligible entries received for that drawing. No assignment, transfer or substitution of prize is permitted. Administrator and its affiliates, promotional partners, and Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event a prize is unavailable and also reserve the right to award a prize to another entrant if the winning entrant cannot be reached and does not respond within 3 days of written / email notification. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are limited to one per Winner and/or household per 30-day period.
7. Taxes / Shipping: All taxes associated with the receipt or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of Winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to withhold any taxes as required by applicable law. Prizes will not be shipped to addresses outside of the United States. The Sweepstakes Sponsor will assume all costs associated with shipping of the Prize.
8. General Conditions:
a. Winners must respond to prize notification within seven (7) days of notification. Failure to respond, or if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner selected. In the event that a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, there will be a second chance drawing where up to 2 or more alternate Winners may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries. If all potential Winners are disqualified for any prize, no further drawings will take place and that prize will not be awarded.
b. Where permitted by law, Winner hereby irrevocably grants to the Sponsor, and those acting with their authority, the unrestricted, absolute, perpetual, worldwide right and license to use Winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical and personal background information, statements, and Sweepstakes entry, and without limitation, any notes, photograph, film, or video or audio tape that may be taken of Winner or of such materials (the foregoing, collectively, the "Content"), without further compensation, consideration, or notice or permission to Winner or to any third party, and to reproduce, copy, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform, exhibit, distribute, transmit or broadcast, publicly or otherwise, or otherwise use and permit to be used the Content or any part thereof, whether alone or in combination with other materials (including but not limited to text, data, images, photographs, illustrations, and graphics, video or audio segments of any nature), in any media or embodiment now known or hereafter developed (including but not limited to any format of any computer-based, internet-based, electronic, magnetic, digital, laser or optical-based media), in connection with any Administrator (or its designee)'s advertising, promotion, publicity, trade, sweepstakes or contest promotions, activities, or materials.
c. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner or potential Winner selected; and while not obligated to do so, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Sponsor deems appropriate for Winners or potential Winners to appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting a prize, each Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its licensees, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any Sweepstakes related activity, or participation in this Sweepstakes. This provision is void where prohibited.
d. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
9. Limitations of Liability:
a. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, or tampering or hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the website.
b. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Woobox, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes as necessary and will continue to ensure that Prizes are awarded pursuant to the terms of these Official Rules.
c. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR, ITS LICENSEES AND/OR THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SWEEPSTAKES SPONSORS, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR ATTORNEYS FEES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF A WOOBOX, AFFILIATE, OR SUBSIDIARY'S WEBSITE, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, LOST, LATE, ILLEGIBLE, MISDIRECTED, DAMAGED, INCOMPLETE, OR POSTAGE-DUE MAIL-IN ENTRIES, TYPOGRAPHICAL OR OTHER ERRORS IN THE PRINTING OF PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS, THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZE WINNER, INCLUDING SUCH ERROR AS MAY GIVE AN ERRONEOUS INDICATION THAT A PRIZE HAS BEEN WON, OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITES MENTIONED HEREIN ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICITONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. Release: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT INDEMNIFIES, RELEASES, AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS WOOBOX AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OWNERS, SWEEPSTAKES SPONSORS AND EMPLOYEES FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY, OR PRIVACY OR DEFAMATION AND ATTORNEY FEES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (1) ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY OTHER ACT OR OMISSION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. SWEEPSTAKES PARTICIPANTS ARE SOLELY LIABLE FOR ALL TRAVEL AND HEALTH INSURANCE MATTERS FOR TRAVEL PRIZES.
11. Severance: If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable in any respect by a court of law, it shall be severed from the rest of the Agreement and the remaining provisions shall nonetheless be enforced to the maximum extent to which they are found by the court to be legally enforceable.
12. Disputes: As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties to these Official Rules, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes and Official Rules, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in New Jersey having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction and apply the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard for principles of conflicts of law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney's fees, other than actual out of pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND OUTSIDE THE US AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.