“25 Days of Giveaways” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECIVED DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL UNITED STATES RESIDENTS. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, NEVADA AND, PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Please read the Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”) of the Win Pastries For a Year Sweepstakes sponsored by. Country Maid, Inc. As a condition of entry into this Sweepstakes, you agree to accept and comply with the Official Rules and agree with decisions made by Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. 1.SWEEPSTAKES PERIODS: There are three drawing periods (the “Drawing Periods”) in the “25 Days of Giveaways” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) that may run concurrently at times. The First Drawing Period begins at 12:00:01 am prevailing Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on August 30, 2016. The Second Drawing Period begins at 12:00:01 am prevailing Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on February 11, 2017. The Grand Prize Drawing Period begins at 12:00:01 am prevailing Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on April 25, 2017.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Sweepstakes is void in Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Employees, directors, officers, agents and advertising agents and their immediate families of the Sponsor, any distributor or dealer of Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, parent companies, are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit the official website at http://woobox.com/vwcepy and complete the online entry form. You will need Internet access, a web-browser, and a valid Facebook account to respond. One (1) entry per person per day is allowed during the Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by a participant to circumvent the foregoing limitations by using numerous email addresses, mailing addresses, registrations, identities, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited, and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Valid entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Enter using only an email address subscribed to and registered in your name. In the event of a dispute about entries submitted by multiple individuals using the same email account, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the sweepstakes at the actual time of entry. The authorized email-account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is at least 21 years of age and assigned an e-mail address by an Internet-access provider, online-service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Each entry made will enter the participant into all Prize Drawings for which entry is eligible. Only one entry is required to win any of the prizes. You need not, but may, enter each day during the Sweepstakes Period. To be entered into the Second Place Prize Drawing, an entry must be received by the end of the Second Place Prize Period. To be eligible to participate in the First Place Prize Drawing, an entry must be received by the end of the First Place Prize Period. To be eligible to participate in Grand Prize Drawing, an entry must be received by the end of the Grand Prize Period. The computer of Country Maid, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes with respect to online entries.
The Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. By entering, participants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements. Responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the participant.
4. PRIZE DRAWINGS: First Drawing Period Drawings: Seven (7) Second Place Prize Winners and Five (5) First Place Prize Winners will be selected with one winner being selected in each of twelve (12) random drawings conducted by the Sponsor at the Sponsor’s principal office in West Bend, Iowa from among all eligible entries received during the First Drawing Period. The drawings to select the Second Place Prize Winners will take place on or about September 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7, 2016. The drawings to select the First Place Prize Winners will take place on or about September 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12, 2016. Second Drawing Period Drawings: Seven (7) Second Place Prize Winners and Five (5) First Place Prize Winners will be selected in each of twelve (12) random drawings conducted by the Sponsor at the Sponsor’s principal office in West Bend, Iowa from among all eligible entries received during the Second Drawing Period. The drawings to select the Second Place Prize Winners will take place on or about February 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19, 2016. The drawings to select the First Place Prize Winners will take place on or about February 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24, 2016.
Grand Prize Drawing: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random conducted by the Sponsor on or about May 15, 2017 at the Sponsor’s principal office in West Bend, Iowa from among all eligible entries received during the Grand Prize Drawing Period.
A Second or First Place Prize Winner may also win the Grand Prize. The winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
5. PRIZES: ONE (1) Grand Prize: A Year’s Supply of Pastries includes one (1) case of six (6) pastries of flavors chosen by Sponsor for twelve (12) consecutive months (the “Prize”). The Prize includes six (6) pastries of one (1) flavor per month to be shipped to the winner’s residence. (ARV: $1,008). Winner must accept shipment starting August 1, 2017 and ending July 30, 2018. Each case of six (6) pastries will ship on the second Tuesday of each month. Winner must make arrangements to receive product on the Thursday following shipment. Failure to take shipment will result in forfeiture of the prize. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of cancellation or delay in shipment.
Ten (10) First Place Prizes: One (1) case of six pastries of flavors chosen by Sponsor to be shipped to each winner’s residence. (ARV: $84). The cases of pastries will ship to the winners approximately two weeks after the winner has complied with the conditions to receive the prize and any winner must make arrangement to receive the product two days following shipment. Failure to take shipment will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of cancellation or delay in shipment.
Fourteen (14) Second Place Prizes: One Swag Pack consisting of an assortment of promotional items to be shipped to each winner’s residence. (ARV: $50). Failure to take shipment will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of cancellation or delay in shipment.
Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during each Prize Period. Actual retail value may vary based on local dealership pricing. Any differences between stated ARV and actual retail value will not be awarded.
Prizes are non-transferable. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of these prizes for a prize of equal or greater value. No transfer, assignment, change of the prize, or cash substitution is permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Washington Residents Only: If you receive a rain check in lieu of the prize you are entitled by law to receive the prize, an item of equal or greater value or the cash equivalent of the offered prize within 30 days of the date you claimed the prize.
A prize winner will be required to execute an Affidavit and Release form prior to the prize being released to such winner. The execution of the Affidavit and Release by a prize winner is an explicit condition to releasing said prize; refusal by a prize winner to execute the Affidavit and Release will result in disqualification.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished by third parties in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: Winners will be notified by email within 5 days of the drawing and will be required to sign and return an accompanying Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability Release and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit and Release”) within 14 days of receipt of notice of winner. Failure of the potential winner to return the required executed documents within the specified time period may cause the prize to be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner as solely determined by Sponsor. If a prize is refused, a prize winner does not respond within 14 days from the date of notification, a notification is returned or deemed undeliverable, or the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to select another winner from the pool of remaining eligible entries in its sole discretion.
Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential winner notification that is not received by any potential winner for any reason. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor is not responsible if a potential prize winner does not receive his/her winner notification, redemption instructions or corresponding prize because a fraudulent or bogus e-mail address was provided at the time of registration or because the e-mail notification is misdirected or bounces back or is intercepted by SPAM or other e-mail filters.
Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness, statements, and other personally identifiable information for promotional, advertising and marketing purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter developed throughout the world, in perpetuity, without an additional prize, incentive, consideration, consent or review; and upon request, winner will provide written consent to such use. An entrant is not a winner unless and until the entrant’s eligibility and has been verified and entrant has complied with all Sweepstakes requirements.
7. DELIVERY DISCLAIMER: The Sponsor and Facebook are not responsible for the inability of a participant to complete an online entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Sponsor’s or Facebook’s control, or otherwise. The Sponsor and Facebook are not responsible for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by electronic transmission or other delivery method. The Sponsor and Facebook are not responsible for human, mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: any form of active or passive filtering, insufficient space in participant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet, or on any website, or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. Entries void if incomplete, defective, altered, forged, illegible, or received outside authorized channels. Sponsor and Facebook are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in any sweepstakes. Sponsor and Facebook are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in any sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of any website.
The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries, or any portion thereof) who tampers with the entry process.
9. TAXES: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expenses associated with the prize that are not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. The winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid social security number before any prize will be awarded. The winner will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. CONDUCT AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor’s personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain an unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. The Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate any sweepstakes at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, should any portion of the sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winners for the sweepstakes at issue from all eligible, non-suspect entries received for that sweepstakes prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. All decisions will be made by the Sponsor and are final. The Sponsor may waive any of these Official Rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND/OR DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. RELEASE: As a condition of entering, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release the Sponsor, Facebook, any dealer or distributor of Sponsor and any prize provider, and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, parent companies, officers, directors, employees, agents and employees of agents, and advertising and public relations agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Sweepstakes or the use of the participant’s entry and the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation liability for any travel related to the Sweepstakes, death, personal injury, loss, and/or disability; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY IN ALL INSTANCES.
12. E-MAIL COMMUNICATION: By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrant expressly gives his or her consent to be contacted by Sponsor and/or local dealer by e-mail.
13. REGULATORY CHALLENGE: In the event the Sweepstakes is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Sweepstakes, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, Sponsor has no liability to any participants who are disqualified due to such action.
14. MISCELLANEOUS: The winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Sponsor’s Affidavit and Release to claim the prize. The Sponsor may substitute prizes, as well as extend, modify, or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Sweepstakes prize. All entries and information become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
15. WINNER LIST: For a winner list, where required by law, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope no earlier than August 1, 2017 and no later than December 31, 2017 to the Sponsor’s address set forth below. Vermont residents only may omit return postage. A winner list will also be posted at the Sponsor’s principal office in West Bend, Iowa for a limited time.
16. JURISDICTION: By entering, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Iowa without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, participants consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Polk County, Iowa.
17. SPONSOR: Country Maid, Inc., 213 4th Avenue NE, West Bend, Iowa 50597, Attention: Sweepstakes. To contact Sponsor via phone: 1-888-460-6904. This Sweepstakes is not, in any way, directly or indirectly, associated with or promoted by, endorsed or sponsored by Facebook.
BY CLICKING “I ACCEPT” YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND ACCEPT THE OFFICIAL RULES IN THEIR ENTIRETY AND THAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO BE CONTACTED VIA THE E-MAIL ADDRESS AND/OR MAILING ADDRESS YOU HAVE PROVIDED BELOW AND YOU CERTIFY THAT YOU ARE THE REGISTERED OWNER OF SUCH E-MAIL ADDRESS AND/OR MAILING ADDRESS.