“ATTICAT® LIKE PINK® & WIN” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- To Enter. Beginning 12:00.00 p.m. EST on November 9, 2017 through 11:59.59 p.m. EST on November 30, 2017 (the "Contest Period"), log on to https://www.facebook.com/OwensCorningCanada (the "Site") to enter the “ATTICAT® LIKE PINK® & WIN” Contest (the “Contest”). If you do not have a Facebook account, you will be asked to create a free Facebook account in order to enter the Contest. All potential winners will be contacted by a representative of Owens Corning Canada LP (“Sponsor”) via the email address provided on the entry form and are subject to verification. Potential winners will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If the question is answered incorrectly, the prize will be forfeited. No other methods of entry will be accepted.
- Limit: Each entrant may enter one (1) time only during the Contest Period. In addition Entrants will receive 5 bonus entries per unique user that clicks and enters from the entrant’s shared link. Sharing a link is optional and is not mandatory. All electronic entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. EST on November 30, 2017. Use of multiple email accounts will disqualify an entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, illegible, mutilated, garbled or delayed entries or other communications or other technical problems related to online entries. The use of scripts, programs or an automated system to enter is strictly prohibited. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Site, or who otherwise violates these rules. By entering, entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules.
- Eligibility. This Contest is only open to permanent lawful residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province at the time of entry. Employees of the Sponsor and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor, and their agents”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- Prizes. There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Grand Prize is not transferable.
The one (1) Grand Prize Winner will have a Sponsor appointed licensed contractor to re-insulate their attic up to a maximum of $2,500 CDN in costs* associated with using Owens Corning® AttiCat® Expanding Blown-in Insulation System. (Eligible *costs include: Cost of materials, AttiCat® machine rental and, if applicable, contractor fees and taxes). The Grand Prize Winner’s attic must be a good candidate** for use of Owens Corning® AttiCat® Expanding Blown-in Insulation System as determined by the Sponsor’s appointed licensed contractor. (**Attics that would NOT be a good candidate include but are not limited to attics with signs of a leaky roof such as wet or damp insulation, any sign of a moisture problem such as mold or rotted attic rafters or floor joists, difficult or limited attic access and/or limited space to work, kitchen, bathroom or clothes dryer vents that exhaust moist air directly into the attic space instead of outdoors, little or no attic ventilation or knob and tube wiring. The re-insulation of the winner’s attic must take place by May 30, 2018.
There are two instant prizes available to be won. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. The first instant prize is an 87-Piece Pink Toolbox Set (retail value of $35.00). The second instant prize is an Apple Watch (retail value of $699.00). Prize(s) are not transferable. No substitution of prize for cash or other goods or services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value, if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Instant Prizes are not transferable.
- Winner Selection and Notification. Potential Grand Prize winner(s) will be selected by a random draw that will be made by the Sponsor on or around 11:00 am EST on December 1, 2017. The first instant prize offer will be announced on November 13, 2017 at noon EST. All contest entrants will be eligible to win the first instant prize until November 16, 2017 at noon EST. The second instant prize offer will be announced on November 20, 2017 at noon EST. All contest entrants will be eligible to win the second instant prize until November 23, 2017 at noon EST. Potential Instant prize winner names will be randomly drawn on or around 11:00 am EST on November 17, 2017 and November 24, 2017 respectively. The selected potential winner(s) will be contacted by a representative of the Sponsor using the email address provided on the entry form or via Facebook direct message. The potential winner(s) will also be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If the question is answered incorrectly, the prize will be forfeited. If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted using the email supplied with the entry or via Facebook direct message or is contacted and does not respond via email as directed within 5 days of attempted notification, or refuses the prize or is ineligible to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate potential winner.
For the instant prize verification process, the Sponsor can accept an email or Facebook direct message reply with the blank waiver attached that states “please accept my response as my signature” (in lieu of completing the waiver and scanning it to send back). However, for the Grand Prize the Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence in lieu of its verification process.
All potential winners are subject to verification by the Sponsor’s contest administrator, whose decision will be final and binding. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, until the entrant has been notified by the Sponsor or the Sponsor’s agent and the entrant has complied with all the requirements set out above. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence in lieu of its verification process.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address in question.
- General Conditions. Sponsor, and its agents are not in any way responsible or liable for any damages, loss or injury resulting from entrants' participation in this Contest. Entrants and winners assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Contest or the acceptance, installation, use or mis-use of any prize awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, computer virus, bug, tampering, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor has the right to select winners from eligible entries at any time before the termination of the Contest. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action.
By entering this Contest and accepting a prize, entrants agree: (i) to waive all rights with respect to print and broadcast publicity and hereby consent to the reasonable use by the Sponsor of the winner's name, photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, city and province/territory of residence in connection with this Contest, worldwide and in perpetuity, without further compensation for any future promotional activity without any further attribution, notification or compensation; (ii) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor; and (iii) to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail or email regarding the Contest. The Contest is governed by the laws of Canada and any disputes must be resolved in Canada.
- Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by Owens Corning Canada LP, 3450 McNicoll Ave., Scarborough, ON. M1V 1Z5.
© 2017 Owens Corning.