1. This competition ("Competition") is conducted by Council of City of Gold Coast of 135 Bundall Road, Bundall Queensland 4217. (Promoter"). This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
2. Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these terms and conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are residents of the Council of the City of Gold Coast Local Government Area aged 18 years or older as at time of entry; and (ii) who have a Facebook account; and (iii) who are not employees of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Competition; and (iv) who are not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee ("Eligible Entrant").
4. Competition entry commences at 10.00am AEST on 04/03/2013 and closes at midnight AEST on 31/03/2013 ("Entry Period").
5. Except as otherwise indicated, all amounts stated in these conditions are stated in Australian dollars.
6. To enter the Competition an Eligible Entrant must during the Entry Period: (i) use a compatible browser to visit http://www.facebook.com/cityofgoldcoast("Competition Website") and use the ‘Woobox’ application to upload a photograph (ii), complete the required details; and (iii) once complete, submit as prompted. This will permit the Promoter to access the entrant's basic information (including name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, and any other information that is shared with everyone), and email address; (iv) Information provided will be captured by the Promoter and not Facebook.
7. Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply – Eligible Entrant's should obtain details of such costs from their service providers.
8. Entries must be received during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
9. Entrants must submit their entries manually. The Promoter may reject entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
10. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid if the entrant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion.
PRIZES AND WINNERS OF THE PRIZE
11. The Competition is a game of chance .A single winner and two runners-up will be selected at random by the Promoter..
12. The first prize winner is entitled to a 5 night health retreat program for one person at the Golden Door Health Retreat, Gold Coast. The prize includes
• Rainforest Chalet Accommodation for 5 nights
• Gourmet spa cuisine
• A diverse selection of group fitness activities and Relaxation and Mind-Body classes
• Daily program of health education seminars and workshops
• Personal Wellness Interview on arrival
• Full use of all facilities including two heated pools, sauna, steam room, spa, tennis courts, personal training studio, air conditioned spa and recreation room
• Includes one pampering spa treatment and two one on one coaching sessions
• The program runs Sunday through to Friday.
• Prize is not redeemable for cash, not transferrable and must be taken with 12 months of the competition end date.
13.Two runners-up prizes will be awarded. Each runner-up is entitled to:
• One Sunbeam Café Series Blender valued at $219.00.
• The runners- up prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
14. The Prize winners will be notified by an e-mail to the address provided by them in their entry no later than the 3/04/2013.
15. The Prize notification will state the Prize that has been won and will include instructions as to how the Prize winner is to claim the Prize and establish his/her entitlement to it.
16. The names of the Prize winners will be published on the Gold Coast City Council Facebook page within 48 hours of the Prize being won, for a period of at least 1 week.
17. Each winner will forfeit the Prize if s/he does not claim the Prize by contacting the Promoter within two (2) months of it being made available for his/her collection.
18. When an entrant submits a photo ("Content"), the entrant, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
19. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in their Content; (c) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
20. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for its conduct.
21. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); (v) any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the Prize.
22. All of the Promoter's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. Each Prize winner accepts the Prize at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any entrant in connection with the Competition or Prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. The Promoter may request that each Prize winner sign and return a deed of release to this effect as a condition of the Prize being awarded. If the Prize winner fails to sign and return such release, the Prize winner may forfeit the Prize.
24. Each winner consents by entering the Competition to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without compensation, financial or otherwise, for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter's products.
PRIVACY AND MARKETING CONSENT AND DISCLOSURE
25. The entrant acknowledges and permits the Promoter to:
• publish or reproduce the Images in any form (in whole or in part) and by any medium, including but not limited to newspapers, magazines, brochures, television advertisements, promotional videos, websites, CD-ROM or other multi-media, for public relations, promotions, commercial and advertising purposes (“Promotional Materials”); and
• retain or store the Images (including those incorporated into Promotional Materials), in hard copy or digitally, including but not limited to, deposit of the Images and Recordings into the Gold Coast City Council Corporate Image Library;
• supply a copy of the Image upon request, to the subjects appearing in the photos, any relevant associated institutions involved
• supply a copy of the Image upon request to the Gold Coast City Council Local Studies Library for archive and historical purposes. Images in the Local Studies Library are made available to the general public.
• collect, store, handle, access, manage, transfer, use and disclose personal information about the Entrant, including our name, suburb, age and image, in connection with the Image.. This includes transmission outside of Australia. I understand that I may revoke my agreement to this clause at any time however existing uses of the Images and Recordings will not be impacted by this withdrawal
• Promotional Materials which refer the Entrant, expressly or by implication, are, at the date of publication, made in good faith and are not intended to defame or offend the Entrant or bring the Entrant into disrepute and, to the best of the Promoters knowledge, are true and correct.
• take ownership of the copyright of the Images supplied by the Entrant.
27. The Entrant grants the rights to the Promoter which are perpetual and acknowledges that the Entrant will not receive any payment, royalty or other consideration (whether monetary or otherwise) from the Promoter in connection with the making, use or storage of the Images.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to modify any of the Terms and Conditions outlined in order to comply with changes to the Facebook promotion guidelines