Official Rules for the
Standard® “Shop Team Selfie” Challenge
Welcome to the Standard® “Shop Team Selfie Challenge” (the “Promotion”), sponsored by Standard Motor Products, Inc. (the “Sponsor”). Participation in this Promotion and eligibility for all prizes offered hereby are subject to the following Official Rules, by which all persons are bound upon submission of an entry.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law, and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
1. Promotional Period. This Promotion commences 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on July 2, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 28, 2018 (the “Promotional Period”).
2. Eligibility. Eligibility is limited to auto parts jobber stores (each a “Shop”) who are incorporated in the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and/or the provinces of Canada (excluding Quebec), and who participate in the Promotion through one or more persons who are duly authorized to act on behalf of the Shop (each such person, a “Representative”). By entering into the Promotion on behalf of the Shop the Representative represents and warrants that he or she is duly authorized to act for, and agree to these Official Rules on behalf of, the Shop. Entrants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents (and their immediate family and household members) of Sponsor or its affiliates are not eligible to participate. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any person(s) submitting an entry on behalf of a Shop and Sponsor’s determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final.
3. How to Enter. To participate in the Promotion, during the Promotional Period, Shops must submit an entry (a “Submission”) through one of the following ways:
(a) Post a group photograph with technicians and employees of the Shop on Sponsor’s Facebook page StandardBrandParts available at www.facebook.com/standardbrandparts, and tag the photograph with the hashtag #MyShopTeamSelfie along with the name of the Shop.
(b) Post a group photograph with technicians and employees of the Shop on the Shop’s or its Representative’s Instagram or Twitter account, and tag the photograph with the hashtag #MyShopTeamSelfie along with the name of the Shop.
All persons appearing in photographs must be at least the age of majority as of the date of the photograph.
Limit one (1) entry per Shop. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain additional entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Sponsor may disqualify any Submission that contains references which are (or promote activities that are) obscene, crude, vulgar, or derogatory of any group, or references to illegal or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct, or any other references that could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
(a) One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded during the Promotional Period. The “Grand Prize” will consist of USD $2,500 (Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars) towards the organization and celebration of a Shop appreciation event which must be held within one year from the date the winning Shop is notified (or a substitute prize of comparable value). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is USD $2,500.
(b) Two (2) Second Place Prizes will be awarded during the Promotional Period. Each “Second Place Prize” will consist of USD $499 (Four Hundred and Ninety Nine Dollars) towards the purchase of one (1) Bose® SoundTouch® 30 Series III Wireless Music System (or a substitute prize of comparable value). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Second Place Prize is USD $499.
(c) Five (5) Third Place Prizes will be awarded during the Promotional Period. Each “Third Place Prize” will consist of a one (1) year subscription to Sponsor’s Pro Training On-Demand platform (or a substitute prize of comparable value). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Third Place Prize is USD $359.
(d) Ten (10) Fourth Place Prizes will be awarded during the Promotional Period. Each “Fourth Place Prize” will consist of a TechSmart® Alternator Decoupler Pulley Tool Kit (or a substitute prize of comparable value). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Fourth Place Prize is USD $80.
5. Selection of Winners. The potential winners of each prize will be selected in a random drawing from among the eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. The Sponsor will conduct the drawing on or about October 31, 2018. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotional Period.
6. Conditions of Participation.
(a) Participating Shops agree to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions will be final and binding.
(b) The Shop will be responsible for all costs and expenses related to the prizes that are not specifically mentioned, including, but not limited to, all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, and other expenses reasonably incurred by the winner in receiving or using the prize.
(c) Each participating Shop further agrees to accept delivery of any prize won based upon availability. Sponsor reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. The prize is not transferable and the winners have no right of substitution (in cash or otherwise).
(d) Each participating Shop represents and warrants that all information contained in its Submission is/are true and accurate.
(e) Each participating Shop grants Sponsor the right to use its name and address (city and state or province), Content (as defined herein), entry form information and written and oral statements for advertising and marketing purposes, without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
(f) Each participating Shop represents and warrants that: (i) it owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions: (1) to use all material and content submitted in its entry (the “Content”), and (2) to grant to the Sponsor, and hereby grants to the Sponsor, the perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable right to use, reproduce, distribute and otherwise display the Content in any format; and (ii) to its knowledge, its Content does not violate any law or the privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights of any other person. The above license is irrevocable.
(g) Sponsor is not responsible for any printing errors in any materials made available to participating Shops. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late, misidentified, misdirected or incomplete entries or telecommunication or computer hardware or software performance, errors, delays or failures. If, for any reason, the fairness or integrity of the Promotion becomes compromised, or Sponsor’s administration or fulfilment of the Promotion becomes impracticable, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Promotion, and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the administration of the Promotion.
7. Winner Notification. Each winner of a prize will be notified by e-mail, in-person, by telephone or by regular first-class mail within thirty (30) days after such winner has been finally determined. Sponsor may require the prize winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release (except where prohibited), liability waiver and/or IRS Form W-9 (if required by IRS regulations) prior to the delivery of any prize (collectively, an “Affidavit”). If the prize winner does not respond to the notification within five (5) business days, is found to be ineligible, fails to execute the Affidavit or other reasonable documentation required by Sponsor and/or the prize is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor may consider such prize winner to have forfeited the prize, and another prize winner may be selected as time allows. The prize is not transferable and the winner has no right of substitution (in cash or otherwise). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability.
8. Disclaimers, Dispute Resolution and Limitations of Liability. Each participating Shop hereby releases, and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, those working on its behalf in connection with the Promotion, each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, Facebook, Inc., Twitter Inc., and Instagram, LLC from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to participation in this Promotion or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded hereunder. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and by final and binding arbitration in New York County, New York, in accordance with the Rules of Arbitration of the American Arbitration Association and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, regardless of conflicts of laws principles.
Sponsor makes no warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, with regard to any prize awarded hereunder or any product purchased with such prize, including but not limited to any warranties of quality, condition and/or fitness for any purpose. Any warranties, representations or guarantees shall be made solely by the manufacturer of such product or its authorized representatives.
ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURED IN ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. EACH PARTICIPATING SHOP HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc., Instagram, LLC and/or Twitter, Inc. All information provided by participating Shops is provided to Sponsor, its affiliates or those working on its behalf, and not Facebook, Inc., Twitter Inc., or Instagram, LLC.
Contact. If you have any questions regarding this Promotion or if you would like to receive a copy of these Official Rules, please contact Standard Motor Products, Inc., 37-18 Northern Blvd., Long Island City, NY 11101, Attn: “Shop Team Selfie Challenge” Promotion, c/o Marketing Department.