- Each film entered must be done so on the official entry form.
- Films can be any length between 30
seconds and 4 minutes (240 seconds).
- All entries must be fly fishing
- Submissions may not contain
any sponsor logos or branding.
- No “Promotional” or advertisement
style films will be accepted.
- You must have the authority to submit
the film for our consideration.
- Your film will be viewable to the
general public for voting purposes.
- You must have obtained all the
necessary rights (including music, image & film rights), consents,
authorizations and licenses covering the film. There must not be pending or
anticipated litigation regarding the film.
- If you have copyright material in
your film you must provide legal documentation of your permission of its use.
Films with copyright material that do not provide this documentation will be
- The film must not include hate
speech, excessive violence, slanderous or libelous claims, profanities, or any
other actionable offenses.
- The film must not (i) infringe any
rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights or IP rights, including any
music-related rights, (ii) be defamatory or indecent, and (iii) violate any
- All submissions containing footage of
fish, must abide by the “KeepemwetTM" principles, which can be seen at: (http://www.keepemwet.org/#home).
- Submissions must be made by amateur
film makers only – defined by “having never been paid to make a film or video".
- There is no limit to the number of
films a film maker can submit, but each one must be accompanied by an official entry
- RIO Products reserves the right to
ban, disqualify or not accept any film deemed inappropriate by the panel,
without written explanation.
- No film can have been previously
exposed in the public domain.
- Only one person can be listed as the
film maker. In the event of a collaboration, the entrants must decide who will
be the beneficiary of any award.
- If under the age of 18, applicant
must get written permission from legal guardian.