DES MOINES PARKS AND RECREATION PHOTO SUBMISSION CONTEST (“Contest”)
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. This Contest is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest and any website pages and advertisements or promotional materials relating thereto are intended for viewing only within the United States. City of Des Moines, Iowa employees and officers and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
3. PHOTOGRAPHS: Entries must depict an image of a Des Moines Parks and Recreation amenity or facility, located within the city limits of Des Moines, Iowa. Photographs must not include people, unless those individuals have signed the waiver available at dmparks.org indicating permission to use their likeness. By entering, entrants give permission to use photograph entries by the City of Des Moines in all forms of media, including online, for any purpose in perpetuity. The winning photo may be used on the cover of the 2021 Des Moines Parks and Recreation Report to the Community. Entrants acknowledge that the City makes no representation or warranty that the winning photograph will be featured on the cover of the 2021 Des Moines Parks and Recreation Report to the Community.
4. HOW TO ENTER: All photographs must be received between 9:00 a.m. CST on September 7, 2021, and 11:59 pm CST on October 5, 2021. To enter a photograph in the Contest, you must first log in to your Facebook account at www.facebook.com. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can sign up for free. To enter, link to the Des Moines Parks and Recreation Facebook page at www.facebook.com/desmoinesparks (the “Des Moines Parks and Recreation Facebook Page”) to access the Des Moines Parks and Recreation Photo Submission Contest. Click the “Enter” icon on the top right hand corner of the contest advertisement. Upload the photograph you wish to submit, enter a caption describing the photo, and enter the information requested, including your first and last name, email address, street address, city and state and telephone number. There is a 5 photo per person per Facebook account limit. No mechanically reproduced entries will be permitted. All entries must be submitted via the Woobox Application. A separate User Terms of Service and Facebook Terms of Service will govern your relationship with those entities.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Entries will be initially viewed and judged by a panel of judges made up City of Des Moines employees based on quality of composition, creativity, and ability to depict the spirit of Des Moines Parks and Recreation facilities, programs and events. At least two (2) finalists from all entries submitted will be chosen and posted on the Des Moines Parks and Recreation Facebook Page for public viewing on October 12, 2021. Individual Facebook users who “Like” the Des Moines Parks and Recreation Facebook Page will have the opportunity to vote on the finalists’ photograph entries from 9:00 a.m. CST on October 12, 2021 until 11:59 p.m. on October 19, 2021, at which time all received votes will be tabulated. Sponsor will consider which finalist(s) receive the most votes in determining the winner(s). Only one vote per Facebook account per day will be counted during the voting period. Decisions by the judges are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. The winner will be posted on the Des Moines Parks and Recreation Facebook Page on October 22, 2021 and notified by telephone, U.S. Mail, and/or e-mail on or prior to that date.
6. USE OF ENTRIES AND WINNER INFORMATION: The submission of a photograph signifies entrant’s agreement to the following: (1) you warrant that you have the authority to make the submission and grant the rights herein granted; and (2) you warrant that the photograph entered, including the publication thereof by Sponsor and its agents on its website and social media sites and in any media, will not violate or infringe upon the rights of others, including, without limitation, privacy and rights of publicity. You agree that you are solely responsible for photographs submitted and the consequences of posting and publishing said photographs. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights and consents to use and authorize Sponsor to use all intellectual property rights, including copyright or trademark, and other proprietary rights in and to the photograph(s) submitted and that you have the written consent, release or other permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the photograph to use the name and likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person included in a photograph in order to enable inclusion and use the photograph in the manner contemplated by this Contest. You further agree that you will not submit any material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, rebellious, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, harmful to children, or in violation of any third party’s rights.
Entrants retain ownership rights in submitted photograph(s). However, by submitting a photograph, entrants grant to the City of Des Moines, Iowa a worldwide non-exclusive, royalty free, fully-paid, perpetual, sublicenseable and transferrable license to use, reproduce, distribute, adapt, prepare derivative works of, translate, publish, and publically display the photograph(s) for any purpose, including, without limitation, for display on the cover of the 2021 Des Moines Parks and Recreation Report to the Community, the Des Moines Parks and Recreation website, and in any media formats and through any media channels, for any purpose in perpetuity, along with entrant’s name, city and state of residence.
Winner also consents to the use of his/her name and/or likeness (including his/her biographical information, city and state of residence, statements, and photograph(s)) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable US federal, Iowa state and local laws and regulations
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsor from any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses caused by, arising out of, or related to participation in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Contest without prior notification. You agree to indemnify Sponsor and its agents for any and all damages, including attorney’s fees, that Sponsor and its agents may suffer as a result of your violation of these Official Rules.
8. INTERNET: City of Des Moines, Iowa and its agents are not responsible for hardware or software failures of any kind or for lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, gobbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error, which may occur in the receipt or processing of the entries. Proof of entering information at the Des Moines Parks and Recreation Facebook Page does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest without notice and to select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation or termination.
9. SPONSOR: City of Des Moines, Iowa, through its Parks and Recreation Department, 1551 E MLK Jr. Parkway, Des Moines, Iowa 50317.
10. WINNER'S LIST: For the name of Winner(s), log on to the Des Moines Parks and Recreation Facebook Page after November 13, 2021, or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Des Moines Parks and Recreation Photo Submission Contest, 1551 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway, Des Moines, Iowa 50317, to be received no later than TWO MONTHS AFTER WINNER(S) ARE CHOSEN.