Official Rules for the
“Always Innovating Challenge” Promotion
Welcome to the “Always Innovating Challenge” Promotion (the “Promotion”), sponsored by Standard Motor Products, Inc. (the “Sponsor”). Participation in this Promotion and eligibility for all prizes offered hereby are subject to the following Official Rules, by which all persons are bound upon submission of an entry.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law, and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply.
1. Promotional Period. This Promotion commences 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time on June 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59 a.m. Eastern Time on August 31, 2018 (the “Promotional Period”).
2. Eligibility. Eligibility is limited to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and the provinces of Canada (excluding Quebec), in each case, who are at least the age of majority at the time of entry (each such person, a “Participant”). Entrants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents (and their immediate family and household members) of Sponsor or its affiliates are not eligible. Sponsor’s determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final.
3. How to Enter. To participate in the Promotion, during the Promotional Period, Participants must fill out an online submission form (the “Submission Form”) available at the SMP® Parts App or the following link www.SMPAlwaysInnovating.com. For entry to be valid, in the “Tell us your product idea” field of the Submission Form Participants must include the text “#AlwaysInnovating.”
Limit one (1) entry per person. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain additional entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
(a) One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded during the Promotional Period. The “Grand Prize” will consist of USD $1,499 (One Thousand Four Hundred and Ninety Nine Dollars) towards the purchase of one (1) SAMSUNG® 65" Curved 4K Ultra HD TV (or a substitute prize of comparable value). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the First Place Prize is USD $1,499.
(b) One (1) Second Place Prize will be awarded during the Promotional Period. The “Second Place Prize” will consist of USD $399 (Three Hundred and Ninety Nine Dollars) towards the purchase of one (1) Oculus™ Rift™ + Touch Virtual Reality System (or a substitute prize of comparable value). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Second Place Prize is USD $399.
(c) One (1) Third Place Prize will be awarded during the Promotional Period. The “Third Place Prize” will consist of USD $329 (Three Hundred and Twenty Nine Dollars) towards the purchase of one (1) Apple® Watch (or a substitute prize of comparable value). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Second Place Prize is USD $329.
(d) One (1) Fourth Place Prize will be awarded during the Promotional Period. The “Fourth Place Prize” will consist of USD $299 (Two Hundred and Ninety Nine Dollars) towards the purchase of one (1) Bose® Quiet Control 30 wireless headphones (or a substitute prize of comparable value). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Second Place Prize is USD $299.
(e) One (1) Fifth Place Prize will be awarded during the Promotional Period. The “Fifth Place Prize” will consist of USD $299 (Two Hundred and Ninety Nine Dollars) towards the purchase of one (1) NINTENDO SWITCH™ 32GB Console (or a substitute prize of comparable value). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Second Place Prize is USD $299.
5. Selection of Winners. At the end of the Promotional Period, a panel of judges selected by the Sponsor will review the Submissions Forms of the Participants and select one (1) Grand Prize winner, one (1) Second Place Prize winner, one (1) Third Place Prize winner, one (1) Fourth Place Prize winner and one (1) Fifth Place Prize winner from among the eligible entries. Each winner will be selected on the basis of the following criteria (equally weighed): the originality, the feasibility of implementing the product idea, the complexity, relevance, creativity and presentation (collectively, the “Criteria”). In the event of a tie between or among Participants, an additional judge will re-evaluate the submissions based on the Criteria to determine a winner. The Sponsor’s determination of the significance of a Submission Form shall be final, and each Participant hereby agrees to be bound by and accept such determination as binding.
6. Conditions of Participation.
(a) Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions will be final and binding.
(b) The winners will be responsible for all costs and expenses related to the prizes that are not specifically mentioned, including, but not limited to, all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, and other expenses reasonably incurred by the winner in receiving or using the prize.
(c) Each Participant further agrees to accept delivery of any prize won based upon availability. Sponsor reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. The prize is not transferable and the winners have no right of substitution (in cash or otherwise).
(d) Each Participant represents and warrants that all information contained in his/her registration form(s) is/are true and accurate.
(e) Each Participant grants Sponsor the right to use his/her name, likeness, picture and address (city and state or province) biographical information, Content (as defined herein), entry form information and written and oral statements for advertising and marketing purposes, without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Each Participant represents and warrants that: (i) he/she owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions: (1) to use all material and content submitted in his/her entry (the “Content”), and (2) to grant to the Sponsor, and hereby grants to the Sponsor, the perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable right to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, manufacture, make, have made, import, use, have used, offer for sale, sell, and have sold the Content in any format and any product or service offering based thereon or embodying said Content; and (ii), to his/her knowledge, his/her Content does not otherwise violate any law or the intellectual property rights of any other party. The above license is irrevocable.
(f) Sponsor is not responsible for any printing errors in any materials made available to Participants. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late, misidentified, misdirected or incomplete entries or telecommunication or computer hardware or software performance, errors, delays or failures. If, for any reason, the fairness or integrity of the Promotion becomes compromised, or Sponsors’ administration or fulfilment of the Promotion becomes impracticable, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Promotion, and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the administration of the Promotion.
7. Winner Notification. Each winner of a prize will be notified by e-mail, in-person, by telephone or by regular first-class mail within thirty (30) days after such winner has been finally determined. Sponsor may require the prize winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release (except where prohibited), liability waiver and/or IRS Form W-9 (if required by IRS regulations) prior to the delivery of any prize (collectively, an “Affidavit”). If the prize winner does not respond to the notification within five (5) business days, is found to be ineligible, fails to execute the Affidavit or other reasonable documentation required by Sponsor and/or the prize is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor may consider such prize winner to have forfeited the prize, and another prize winner may be selected as time allows. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to any prize awarded hereunder. The prize is not transferable and the winner has no right of substitution (in cash or otherwise). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability.
8. Disclaimers, Dispute Resolution and Limitations of Liability. Each Participant hereby releases, and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, those working on its behalf in connection with the Promotion, each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, and Facebook, Inc., from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to participation in this Promotion or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded hereunder. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and by final and binding arbitration in New York County, New York, in accordance with the Rules of Arbitration of the American Arbitration Association and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, regardless of conflicts of laws principles.
Sponsor makes no warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, with regard to any prize awarded hereunder or any product purchased with such prize, including but not limited to any warranties of quality, condition and/or fitness for any purpose. Any warranties, representations or guarantees shall be made solely by the manufacturer of such product or its authorized representatives.
ANY CLAIMS JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. EACH PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. All information provided by Participants is provided to Sponsor, its affiliates or those working on its behalf, and not Facebook, Inc.
9. Contact. If you have any questions regarding this Promotion or if you would like to receive a copy of these Official Rules, please contact Standard Motor Products, Inc., 37-18 Northern Blvd., Long Island City, NY 11101, Attn: “Always Innovating Challenge” Promotion, c/o Marketing Department.