NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MANY WILL ENTER. ONE WILL WIN!
1. Eligibility: Boys' Life 2018 Annual Gifts & Gear Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are between 6 and 17 years of age and reside in the U.S. at the time of entry. Employees, directors and officers of the Boy Scouts of America (“Sponsor”) and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together with the Sponsor, the “Promotion Parties”) and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each are not eligible. Any person who has won a prize from Sponsor within six months of entry is not eligible to enter. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law.
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at midnight Central Standard Time (“CST”) on Oct. 15, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST, Dec. 31, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, go to http://go.boyslife.org/giftsgear2018 (“Website”) to locate the official entry form. Follow the on-screen directions, complete all the required registration fields and submit to enter. Entrants must complete all required information. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS/PER DAY.
4. Prize Drawing: On or about Jan. 2, 2019, a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received during the entire Promotion Period
5. Prizes, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) & Odds: One (1) Grand Prize includes the following: Abrams Books: Lafayette! (13.99), B4 ADVENTURE: Ultimate Ninja Course ($382), Bell 4Forty Helmet ($95), Buck Knives 110 Folding Hunter ($70), CamelBak Chute Mag .75L ($14), CamelBak Fourteener 20 ($110), Camp Chef Explorer Two Burner Stove ($139.99), Camp Maid 6-piece Kitchen in a Bag ($179.99), Daisy B52 Slingshot ($10.99), Daisy Boy Scout BB Gun Kit ($59.99), Daisy Compound Bow ($49.99), Daisy F16 Slingshot ($7.99), Daisy Longbow ($112), Duncan Gift Pack ($112), National Geographic Explorer Academy: The Nebula Secret ($16.99) and Victorinox - Swiss Army Huntsman knife ($53). Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor. THE USE OF SOME PRIZES MAY BE REGULATED BY LAWS OF THE STATE AND/OR MUNICIPALITY WHERE THE WINNER LIVES and THE WINNER AND HIS/HER PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH ALL SUCH APPLICABLE LAWS. SPONSOR MAY, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, SUBSTITUTE A PRIZE WITH AN ALTERNATIVE PRIZE OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Parental consent will be required as part of the winner verification process. Arrangements for delivery of prize package will be performed after winner validation. Odds of winning the prize package depend on the number of entries received. Winner will be notified by email. Unclaimed prize package will not be awarded.
7. General: All federal, state and local laws apply. Potential winner’s parent/legal guardian will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Parental Consent and Release of Liability and a Publicity Release within ten (10) days of attempted delivery or prize will be forfeited. The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to return any documents in a timely manner may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be chosen. This Promotion is not sponsored or administered by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other social media platform through which the Promotion may be advertised (collectively, “Social Media Platforms”). By participating, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties, all prize providers, and all Social Media Platforms from and against any and all liability or damages associated with this Promotion or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize received in this Promotion. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this Promotion, participants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, damaged, incomplete, non-delivered or postage-due mail; or for printing, distribution or production errors or for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion, or by any human, or other error, which may occur in this Promotion. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the promotion, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify suspect entries and/or modify or terminate the promotion in a manner deemed reasonable by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, entries will be declared made by the person’s name submitted at time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Promotion or Website or acts in a disruptive manner.
The use of any automated, script, macro or robotic launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits a person to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited. Any entry found or suspected to be submitted in this manner will be deemed ‘Void’ by the Sponsor. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in the following paragraph of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Texas, Dallas County.
Entrants, Sponsor and any prize providers waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Promotion. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or this Promotion shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Texas, Dallas County and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
9. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROMOTION PARTIES OR PRIZE PROVIDERS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANTS’ ACCESS TO AND PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO SOME ENTRANTS. ENTRANTS ARE ADVISED TO CHECK THEIR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. Errors: Promotion Parties assume no liability and are not responsible for, and Entrants hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Promotion; (b) in any related advertising or promotion of this Promotion; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion.
11. Winner’s List: To receive a copy of the Winner’s List for this Promotion (available after Jan. 3, 2018), mail a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to be received by Feb. 28, 2019 to: Winner’s List, Boys’ Life 2018 Annual Gifts & Gear Giveaway, 1325 W. Walnut Hill Lane, P.O. Box 152079, Irving, TX 75015-2079.
12. Sponsor: Boy Scouts of America, 1325 W. Walnut Hill Lane, P.O. Box 152079, Irving, TX 75015-2079.