Boise Paper “Why Recycled Paper?” Contest Official Rules
Boise Paper “Why Recycled Paper?” Contest Terms & Conditions
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANTS CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Eligibility. No purchase is necessary to enter or claim prize. The Boise Paper “Why Recycled Paper?” Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees of Boise White Paper, L.L.C., (Boise), their related entities, or other companies associated with the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter. The Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law or regulations.
3. Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by Boise White Paper, L.L.C., 25 NW Point Blvd., Suite 100, Elk Grove Village, IL, 60007 (“Sponsor”).
4. Entry Periods. Contest starts at 9:00 AM Central Time (“CST”) on April 25, 2017 and ends at 11:59 PM CST on May 16, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
5. How to Enter. Visit http://woobox.com/u88cdf (the “Website”) and follow the instructions to enter. Those interested in entering the Contest must link to a 15 – 45 second video that details why they choose to use recycled paper, and provide basic contact information via the entry form hosted on the Woobox platform. Entrants are also encouraged to “Like” Boise Paper on Facebook. One (1) video upload will count as one (1) “Entry.” There is a limit of one (1) Entry per email address. Videos must be hosted on YouTube, Vimeo or Instagram. Accounts on these platforms must be public in order for the video submission to count. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be the registered owner of the email address.
6. Content Requirements. Your Entry must not: (a) violate any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (b) contain defamatory statements or objectionable content; (c) be obscene or indecent; (d) depict any risky behavior; (e) prominently feature any third party trademarks or logos; and (f) have been entered in any other contest or have been published or distributed in any other media. Sponsor reserves the right to edit or refuse to post any Entry for any reason.
7. Representation and Warranties. By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that: (a) the Entry is an original work created solely by you; (b) you own all rights to the Entry; (c) to the extent the Entry depicts any individual, the individual depicted is you or a member of your family (and if a member of your family is depicted, you will need to obtain a Photo/Video Release to use their picture*); and (d) the Entry complies with all requirements of these Official Rules. *If you are a Contest winner, you will be required to provide a signed original of the Photo/Video Release by the individual depicted in the Photo/Video to the Sponsor prior to receiving your Contest Prize.
8. Sponsor’s Rights to Entries. By submitting an Entry, you: (a) irrevocably grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your Entry as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude Sponsor’s use of your Entry, or require any further permission for Sponsor to use the Entry; and (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor on the grounds that any use of the Entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the Entry, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
9. Sponsor’s Responsibilities. Sponsor will not use Entry in a disparaging manner. Request for an Exception to Sponsor’s Rights must be made in writing by the legal owner as listed in the Entry Registration and/or of the Video Submission directly to the Sponsor at the address identified in Section 3 above.
10. Judging. Throughout the contest period, Sponsor will review and evaluate all entries based on the following criteria and award points accordingly:(a) Clarity of message (maximum of 15 points), (b) relevance of message (maximum of 15 points), (c) quality of video (maximum of 10 points), (d) creativity of video (maximum of 5 points). Sponsor will select one (1) Grand Prize Winner, one (1) Second Place Winner, one (1) Third Place Winner, and seven (7) Fourth Place Winners. The odds of winning depend on the performance of each entrant and the number of total entrants. Entrants can only win once during the Contest period. If a minimum number of Videos are received, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes to only those Video Entries that meet the criteria listed in a-d above, or award no prizes if entries do not meet the criteria listed in a-d above. Points will be awarded on a sliding scale for both categories and are subject to evaluation by Sponsor judges.
11. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners. Winners will be chosen by 11:59 PM CST on May 18, 2017. Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners within two (2) business days of the date of selection. If a potential winner does not respond within five (5) business days after the notice is sent, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and a release in which he/she irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor any and all rights, title, and interest in Entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights and trademark rights, and waives all moral rights in the Entry. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria.
12. Prizes. Available prizes to be awarded as follows:
• One – GRAND PRIZE Winner will receive a $1,000 Visa e-gift card and one carton of Boise ASPEN 30 Recycled Multi-Use Paper, 8 ½” x 11”, 20 lb. (approximate retail value $1,060).
• One – 2nd PRIZE Winner will receive a $500 Visa e-gift card and one carton of Boise ASPEN 30 Recycled Multi-Use Paper, 8 ½” x 11”, 20 lb. (approximate retail value $560).
• One – 3rd PRIZE Winner will receive a $250 Visa e-gift card and one carton of Boise ASPEN 30 Recycled Multi-Use Paper, 8 ½” x 11”, 20 lb. (approximate retail value $310).
• Seven – Honorable Mention Winners will receive a $25 Amazon e-gift card and one ream of Boise ASPEN 30 Recycled Multi-Use Paper, 8 ½” x 11”, 20 lb. (approximate retail value $31).
Winners are responsible for paying any applicable federal, state and local taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. Winners may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Potential prize recipients will receive an email requesting their address and may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, where lawful, a publicity release within five (5) days of date of issuance. If (i) such documents are not returned within the specified time period, (ii) the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) Sponsor is unable to contact a potential prize recipient or a potential prize recipient is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then the prize will be forfeited. Prize will be mailed within 6 to 12 weeks of Sponsor’s receipt and verification of the winner’s mailing address.
13. General Conditions. Contest may be withdrawn without prior notice. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, incorrect, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, printer errors, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entry requests, comments, or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer or printer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY/ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by bugs, virus, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or submission of information, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries/comments received prior to action taken. By participating, entrant agrees (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding, and (ii) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Boise White Paper, L.L.C., their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, and advertising and Contest agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents against any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest or acceptance and use of the prize. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
15. Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Illinois. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Illinois.
16. Results: The winners will be notified via email message.