The Planets (signed by Bill Nye) Giveaway!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Planets (signed by Bill Nye) Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence. Void where prohibited by law. The following individuals are not eligible: (a) employees of Chronicle Books LLC (“Chronicle”) and its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies; and (b) members of the immediate family of a person in (a) and/or those living in the same household as a person in (a). All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of Chronicle, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Giveaway.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Between 12/4/17 12:00am PST and 12/11/17 12:00 am PST (“Giveaway Period”) you can enter the Giveaway by visiting http://woobox.com/uihda8 and following the instructions there. Entries using macro, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Chronicle Books is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, or misdirected entries or entries not received for any reason. All entries become property of Chronicle Books and will not be acknowledged or returned. Limit one entry per person, regardless of method of entry.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: On or about 12/11/2017 a random drawing will be conducted to select the winners from all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by e-mail. If Chronicle cannot locate a potential winner within 7 days of attempted notification, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Those who were not chosen will not be contacted.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be 3 prizes awarded.
Prize: A copy of The Planets signed by Bill Nye. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
5. ALL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Specifics of prize will be determined by Chronicle in its sole discretion. No substitution or transfer of a prize will be permitted, except that Chronicle reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is unavailable. Prize cannot be transferred by winner or redeemed for cash and is valid only for the items detailed above, with no substitution of prize by winner. If a Prize element is not available for any reason, the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Chronicle’s prize obligation to winner, and no additional compensation will be awarded. Chronicle has no responsibility for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of the prize due to reasons beyond Chronicle’s control, and is not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof. The prize is awarded without warranty of any kind from Chronicle, express or implied, without limitation.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
By participating in this Giveaway, all entrants represent and warrant that they are eligible to win.
By participating in this Giveaway all entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Chronicle from and against any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their participation in this Giveaway (or related activities) or their acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
(d) Entry Errors/Internet
Chronicle is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected information. Chronicle is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Chronicle or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Chronicle which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Giveaway, the Chronicle reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. Chronicle reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Without limiting the foregoing, Chronicle may reject any entrant, if in Chronicle's sole judgment, the entrant has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter or participate. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND CHRONICLE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned. Chronicle is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway or in the announcement of the prize.
(e) Failure to comply with any requirement listed herein, as determined in Chronicle’s sole judgment, may result in forfeiture of the prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
7. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Chronicle in connection with the Giveaway shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the state of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state laws. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. Venue for all suits will be in federal or state courts located in County of San Francisco, California.
8. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
9. WINNERS’ LIST: A copy of the winners’ list may be obtained by sending a written request to: The Planets Giveaway /Chronicle Books, 680 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107 postmarked between 12/11/17 and 12/18/17 and received by 12/25/17.