Ready Player One Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: To be eligible for the “Ready Player One Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”), as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period (defined below), entrants must (i) be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and (ii) have reached the age of majority in their state of residence and be at least eighteen (18) years old.
Officers, directors and employees of Vudu, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Walmart Stores, Inc., and their partners, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Sweepstakes is void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws.
2. Sponsor: Vudu, Inc., a division of Walmart Stores, Inc., 600 West California Avenue, Sunnyvale, California 94086.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes starts at 12:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on December 20, 2018, and ends at 11:59:59 PM on December 30, 2018(the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s computer or that of its designee is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones.
4. How it works: During the Sweepstakes Period go to watchvudu.com/RPO to submit your response to the best Easter Egg reference in the film. Vudu will select 4 random winners.
In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the natural person assigned to the email account associated with the entry. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. ENTRY TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS LIMITED TO ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Sponsor discourages the creation of multiple accounts. All entries discovered to have been submitted by the same individual using multiple accounts will be disqualified. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries.” The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of Eligible Entries received. Sponsor has no liability for any failed entries for any reason.
5. Entry Requirements and Restrictions: The entrant is responsible for all costs, including data/Internet charges, associated with submitting an entry. In the event that more than one of the same entry is submitted, only the first submission received shall be accepted. Early or late entries are VOID. Proof of submitting an entry will not be deemed by Sponsor to constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, do not provide the required information, or do not abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or using any e-mail address other than the entrant’s, or submitted at any other website, including, without limitation, commercial Sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: At the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor or its designee will conduct a random drawing to select four (4) Potential winners from among all Eligible Entries received. Following the drawing, the Potential winners will be notified at the email address submitted at the time of entry. Potential winners will have 48 hours from when the prize notification is sent to respond to such notification. If Potential winners does not respond as instructed within 48 hours, then such person may be disqualified and an alternate Potential winners may be selected via random drawing, if time permits. NOTE: Potential winners is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver the prize, the prize may not be re-awarded.
Where permitted by law, potential prize winner may be required to submit a publicity release and limitation of liability. Failure to complete such documents may also result in the selection of an alternate Potential winners in the manner described above. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, entry and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Prize winner releases Sponsor, and its affiliates, partners, employees, officers, and agents, from all claims arising out of the use of such attributes.
7. Prize: The prize will consist of an autographed copy of Ready Player One by the author. Odds of winning depend on number of Eligible Entries received. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prize is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if the prize or any portion of the prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Actual retail value of prize may differ from stated ARV and Sponsor will not award any difference between actual value and ARV. Actual prize may differ from any promotional images. Prize winner is responsible for all federal, state, or local taxes associated with prize acceptance. Winners are advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of accepting a prize. Prize will be fulfilled within 30 days after end of Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor takes no responsibility for damaged goods upon transportation, nor does Sponsor take responsibility for any injuries that occur upon handling of the received item.
8. Disqualifications: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, or stolen, submissions or prize notifications. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time in its sole discretion. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes with no liability of any kind.
9. Release/Limitation of Liability: Sponsor and its officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. By entering, all entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, successors and assigns from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with each entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Sweepstakes and/or their receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Sweepstakes or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in the Sweepstakes. Any and all warranties and guarantees with respect to any prize are subject to the respective manufacturer’s terms. Sponsor has no liability of any kind with respect to any winner’s use or enjoyment of any prized awarded.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
5. Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any action or litigation concerning this Sweepstakes shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in California. By participating in this Sweepstakes all entrants expressly consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising from or relating this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
11. Publicity: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants grant to Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper name and city or state, statements, photograph, voice and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Sweepstakes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice, compensation, consideration, review or consent and without regard to moral rights, except where prohibited by law.
12. Winner List: The name of the winner of the Sweepstakes may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope indicating the Sweepstakes for which the name of the winner is sought, to: Ready Player One Sweepstakes Winners List: 600 West California Avenue, Sunnyvale, California 94086. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or Sponsorship of the Sweepstakes. You are providing your information to the Sponsor and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes.