Terms and Conditions - Game of Skill
- 2) The promoter is Etihad Airways (ABN 4012 3078 688) (Promoter).
- 3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 9am on 7 November 2018 and closes at 11.59pm on 28 November 2018 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
- 4) Entry is open to all Australian registered travel consultants over the age of 18 (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
- 5) To enter, consultants must:
- a) Sell a new Etihad (607 stock) ticket from Australia between 7 November and 28 November 2018. Only new tickets issued are allowed as valid entries (no re-issues).
b) Enter all required details and submit a written statement through the competition page – https://woobox.com/v3jzug – in 25 words or less answering ‘Which Etihad destination would you choose to visit and why?’
- 6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- 7) Eligible Entrants are permitted multiple entries. One entry per ticket sold.
- 8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- 9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
- 10) All valid entries will be judged on creativity merits by an Etihad judging panel throughout the promotional period
- 11) There will be 15 prizes on offer (14 prizes of 1 x economy class return ticket from SYD, MEL or BNE to any Etihad operated destination & 1 prize of two business class return tickets to Abu Dhabi and 2 nights in a luxury hotel in Abu Dhabi). Flights need to be booked and ticketed by the 14 December 2018 and will be eligible for travel until 30 June 2019. The hotel for the main prize is TBC. All prizes include applicable airfare related taxes. All additional travel expenses, insurance, ancillary costs, etc are at the winner’s expense.
- 12) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
- 13) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
- 14) Winners will be notified by email throughout the promotional period and by 30 November 2018.
- 17) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- 18) The exclusion of liability in clause 17 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
- b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
- 19) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities.
- 20) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Fringe Benefits Tax
- 21) Receipt of a prize may have Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) implications. To the extent that there is any FBT liability, this will be paid for by the employer of the recipient. The grossed-up value of a prize and any other Fringe Benefits the recipient receives during the course of the FBT year may be reported on the recipient's annual PAYG Payment Summary as required by taxation law.