Terms and Conditions
Alijah’s Awareness & Goldfish Swim School – Winter Park ‘Alijah’s Swimmers Scholarships’
No Purchase Necessary TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Alijah’s Awareness ‘Alijah’s Swimmers Scholarships’ in partnership with Goldfish Swim School - Winter Park (GSS) is open to those who sign up via the Woobox submission platform (platform). The Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the United States, with authority to enter their business in the Scholarship, and is void where prohibited by law. The Scholarship is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, Alijah’s Awareness (“Organization”), Goldfish Swim School - Winter Park (“Business”) and its Entrant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Organization as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Scholarship. Alijah’s Awareness and GSS reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or modify this Scholarship in any way at any time, subject to state or federal law.
3. Nomination Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Monday, April 2 at 12:01 a.m. EST and ending Friday, April 30 at 11:59 p.m. EST (“Scholarship Period”).
4. How to Enter: The Scholarship must be entered by submitting an entry using the Woobox submission platform during the Nomination Period. The entry must fulfill all Scholarship requirements, as specified, to be eligible to be chosen for a scholarship. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Organization and Business. You must provide the information requested. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Organization and Business.
5. Scholarships: Recipients will receive a 3-month swimming scholarship, to be paid for by the Organization. The Business agrees to waive annual membership fee and enroll recipients in available lessons times applicable to the recipients age, experience and schedule. Upon completion of 3-month scholarship period, recipients will be unenrolled from swim lessons, unless arrangements are made to extend membership at the financial responsibility of the recipient’s family.
6. Recipient Selection and Notification: Recipients will be selected by the Organization upon completion of the nomination period. Recipients will be announced via GSS social media announcement, as well as by email or telephone provided on entry form within 1 week following selection of recipients. Decisions by the Organization of recipient eligibility, notification, and acceptance or disqualification will be final and binding. GSS shall have no liability for Recipient’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Recipient’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Recipient cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time the scholarship notification was sent, or fails to return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the scholarship may be forfeited, and an alternate Recipient selected. Receipt by Recipient of the Scholarship offered is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and the completion and return of a Recipient eligibility and release form, as required by GSS. All decisions of the Organization and Business shall be binding and final. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY RECIPIENT (AT GSS’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS RECIPIENT OF THE SCHOLARSHIP, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by You: By submitting a nomination (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the Organization and GSS, anyone acting on behalf of the Organization and GSS, and the Organization and GSS’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, business name, business information, location, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Scholarship and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent, without additional compensation to you.
8. Terms & Conditions: GSS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Scholarship should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond GSS’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Scholarship. In such a case, the Organization may select the Recipients from all eligible submissions received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Organization and/or GSS. The Organization and GSS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Scholarship or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Organization and GSS has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Scholarship, to void nominations for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Scholarship rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Scholarship may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Organization and GSS reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. By submitting a nomination, you agree to receive promotional information and materials from Goldfish Swim School.
9. Limitation of Liability: By submitting a nomination, You agree to release and hold harmless the Organization, GSS and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Scholarship and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Scholarship, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Scholarship, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Scholarship). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Recipients List: To obtain a copy of the Recipient’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Goldfish Swim School Franchising, LLC, 2701 Industrial Row Drive, Troy MI 48084. Requests must be received no later than May 15, 2021.