City Champs Application
City Champs Application
We are currently taking applications for future City Champs, and you can complete the application below to be considered. We will contact you about next steps.
Goal & Program Purpose:
The goal of the City Champs program is to connect potential residents and/or new residents with trained ambassadors (City Champs) for the Greater Louisville area.
Research focused on why people leave or stay in a city revealed that the top reasons new residents choose to stay in an area where they moved is because of ease of acclimation and fit with the city. The purpose of this program is to recruit and train a group of brand ambassadors who are diverse in background, ethnicity, industry, religion and interests, and provide an opportunity for potential and/or new residents to connect with people like them. The idea is that this will be an opportunity to ease a new resident’s transition, and create a sense of fit within the city. Additionally, the program will provide an opportunity for prospective residents to ‘test the waters’ (either individually or through a recommendation from their HR/recruiting contact).
For someone considering a move to another city, it can be difficult to get good information about that city, and even harder to meet like-minded people. That’s where City Champs come into play. City Champs is an ambassador program that connects people who are passionate about Louisville with those who are new or considering a move to Louisville. City Champs is a part of Live in Lou, Greater Louisville Inc.’s talent attraction, retention and development initiative.
Each City Champ is listed on a designated City Champs page within the Live in Lou site. Participants provide some information about what makes them unique: do you speak multiple languages, or volunteer for the arts; are you an avid hiker, or are you a part of the Prospanica community?
When someone new is considering a move or has recently moved to Louisville, they can scan through our City Champs database and connect with someone who shares the same interests or lifestyle. And because each City Champ loves Louisville, they can help communicate everything great about Louisville in their own way.
If you’re interested in spreading love for Louisville as a City Champ, here’s what you’ll need to do:
• Be an advocate for our great city in a positive and authentic way
• Complete the application so we can learn more about you (see the link below)
• Attend one all-day training session to learn about Louisville and interact with other Champs
• Be available by social media, phone, in-person, or by other means to prospective or new residents• Continue to be an informed citizen of our community, keeping up with what’s going on
• Stay updated with City Champs by connecting with other Champs regularly
• Be willing to commit 3-5 hours each month for City Champs events or outreach
• Complete the required tracking form monthly
The skills required for the best City Champs are simple:
• Passionately advocating for Greater Louisville
• Communicating proficiently on social media, e-mail, phone, and, potentially, in-person (if desired)
• Demonstrating a willingness to meet new people and share your experiences
Rules of Engagement:
Because our goal is to provide new or potential residents with the best Louisville has to offer, there are also some rules for engagement:
• City Champs add value when connecting with prospects
• City Champs is not a platform for formal presentations, lead generation or selling your business services
• City Champs strives to be positive and authentic about the City of Louisville (we ask that Champs reaffirm this promise)
• Most of all…have fun!
Complete the form to be considered for the next phase of City Champs