Terms and Conditions of Entry
Latitude Financial Services Travel Done Better, Travel Blogger competition
The Promoter of this competition is Latitude Financial Services, 800 Collins Street Docklands Victoria, Australia 3008. The partner for this competition is Addicted Media, PO Box 1804, Hornsby Westfield, NSW, Australia.
Acceptance of conditions
1. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any instructions relating to the competition on the promoter’s website, Facebook page, Instagram page and Twitter; and partner’s website, newsletters, Facebook page, Instagram page and Twitter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter and its partners may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If the winner of the competition is found to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions, a new winner may be selected.
3. Entry to the promotion is open only to Australian residents aged 21 years or over, per Remote Year Travel guidelines.
4. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation.
5. Eligible entrants will need to hold a passport that will remain valid until 30 December 2019.
6. Eligible entrants will be required to travel on the Remote Year itinerary within 8 weeks of being awarded the prize, with the winner able to travel during 30 December 2018 – May 2019. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure they are able to meet these travel timelines.
7. Remote Year reserves the right to do background checks and to consider the results of said background checks in determining the eligibility of each Participant, and may reject any Participant with respect thereto, including any Participant that is not in compliance with the Participant Terms (defined below).
8. Employees of the competition promoter and partner and their related body corporates and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family” means a spouse, de facto partner, parent, child or sibling, whether or not they live in the same household as the employee.
9. The competition begins at 7.00am Australian Eastern Standard Daylight Saving Time (AESDST) on Monday 15 October, 2018, and will be open for a period of three weeks, closing on Sunday 4 November 2018, at 11.59pm AESDST.
10. Any entry received after the end of the competition period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed, incorrectly formatted or illegible entries or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, theft, destruction or otherwise.
Method of Entry
11. To enter the competition, entrants will must complete all fields and follow all instructions included in the entry form, hosted at WooBox via a Latitude owned landing page.
12. Only entries made via the dedicated online entry form will be considered valid. Entries via any other channel will be deemed invalid.
13. All imagery and text used by entrants must be original, owned by the entrant and not restricted by copyright.
14. All imagery and text used to support the entrant’s submission must be authentic and relate to the entrant’s travel stories. The promoter reserves the right to request additional images to confirm the validity and authenticity of the entry.
15. Entrants can enter multiple times, however, each entry must be unique and relate to a different travel story.
16. Complete entries will go in the running to win a total work and travel prize of AU$20,000.
17. One winner will be selected from the entrants. If the winner is unable to commit to the travel itinerary within the stated timeframe (see condition 6), or is unable to meet any other term or conditions of entry, the prize is forfeited and another winner will be selected.
18. The entries will be adjudicated by a judging panel, based on the quality of the accompanying written submission, supporting visual references and the merit of the travel story. The perceived merit of the submission may be based on subjective assessments from the judging panel. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered.
19. The individual prize consists of:
One prize of up to the value of AU$20,000 Remote Year travel itinerary experience.
A one-hour Skype consultation with Latitude Financial Services team of social media, influencer and content production experts to take the winner through a guide to creating compelling content - how to create video, image and written content that people will engage with - to be shared via the promoter’s and partner’s publishing channels, including social media.
20. The prize will be awarded as a confirmed place on a four month travel itinerary with Remote Year, fully managed by Remote Year.
21. The prize is not redeemable for cash and is non-refundable, or any unused portion of a prize, is non-transferable or exchangeable.
22. The promoter will not be responsible for any insurance cover in relation to the prize. The winner shall purchase his/her own relevant insurance(s), including medical travel insurance.
23. The promoter will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage, strikes or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of travel.
24. The prize winner will be selected on Monday 5 November 2018.
25. The prize winner must ensure they are willing and able to travel between 30 December 2018 and 1 May 2019. Failure to meet these requirements will render the entry invalid.
Notification of winners
26. The winner will be notified by email or by telephone before or on 9 November, 2018, during standard business hours (9.00am to 5.00pm AESDST).
27. In the event that the winner does not, is unable to or is unavailable to accept the prize; or is unable to meet the stated travel timeline, a second winner will be chosen.
28. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of the entries before announcing the winning entrant.
29. The promoter may require the prize winner to provide proof of identity, age, Australian residency, passport validity, and any other identification considered necessary for verification, at the promoter’s discretion. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof as required by the promoter, the prize winner forfeits the prize, and the promoter may select an alternative prize winner.
Disqualification of entries
30. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in the promotion by, any person who tampers or attempts to tamper with, or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the promotion or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
31. The winning entrant has a commitment to create and publish a series of content for their own and the promoter’s social and online channels. They will effectively be given the opportunity to act as a blogger, journalist and social media influencer on behalf of Latitude Financial Services and Remote Year.
32. As part of their role as the Latitude Financial Services travel blogger, the winner will be asked to provide a minimum of;
- 1 x weekly blog post and a final wrap article
- 1 x visual post every 2-3 days (video or photography), tagging LFS in their posts
- Use of key messaging, as provided in the content play-book
33. Any content produced by the winner, promoter or partner may be shared via the promoter’s and partner’s publishing channels, including social media.
34. The winner agrees to participate in editorial opportunities coordinated by the promoter, during the following campaign stages:
· Announcement of their win; and
· Post trip opportunities
The winner agrees to participate in a one-hour Skype video consultation with Latitude Financial Services team of social media, influencer and content production experts to take the winner through a guide to creating compelling content - how to create video, image and written content that people will engage with - to be shared via the promoter’s and partner’s publishing channels, including social media
Exclusion of liability
35. To the extent permitted by law, the promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize(s). Entrants will responsible for managing their own travel insurance for the duration of the trip.
36. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning a prize. Entrants should seek independent financial advice prior to entering the promotion.
37. The competition is in no way promoted, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Facebook and Twitter have no liability in connection with this competition.
Problems affecting the Promotion
38. If, for any reason, any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, issues with Instagram or any cause beyond the control of the promote and/or partner which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required. The promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, defect, delay, theft, or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries. If the promotion is not capable of being run as planned, for reasons outlined above, the promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind to entrants arising out of any resultant action taken by the Promoter.
39. The promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion. Entry is conditional on providing this information. Entrants agree that the promoter may use the personal details provided to the Promoter for the purpose of conducting the promotion. The promoter may disclose personal information to its contractors, agents, any co-promoter and to State and Territory gaming departments, to assist in conducting this promotion. Entrants’ names may be published as set out in these Terms and Conditions. The promoter may also use personal information for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the promoter. By entering this promotion, each entrant consents to the storage of their personal information on the promoter’s database and the promoter and its related bodies corporate may use this information for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding the promoter’s and its affiliates products including contacting the entrant via electronic messaging.
40. If any term, agreement or condition of these Terms and Conditions or the application thereof to any person or any circumstance shall be or become illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the same shall be read down, if such reading down is possible, and if found to be impossible, shall be severed and the remaining terms and agreements and conditions shall not be affected.