← Back to the contest
TELEDYNE MARINE 2020 PHOTO/DATA COMPETITION & CORPORATE GIVING CAMPAIGN
Our 2020 Photo/Data Competition is now closed. Thank you for your participation. We will be announcing winners by September 15th.
Teledyne Marine is pleased to kick-off of our annual photo/data contest in which we invite customers to share photos of our products in action in the office, lab, or field; as well as data samples collected using Teledyne Marine products.
This year, in light of the many challenges and continued uncertainty that so many are facing, we’ve combined our annual photo contest with a corporate giving campaign. Adversity can bring out the best in people, so let’s work together to do some good.
For each qualified photo contest entry, Teledyne Marine will donate $10 USD to Save the Children, which is an organization working hard to ensure the health, safety and psychological well-being of children around the globe. We will also donate an additional $5 for each submitted image that you share on your social media channel tagging @teledynemarine. COVID 19 has resulted in enhanced need, particularly for children in already under-served areas. We are pleased to work in concert with our customers and Save the Children to help meet the critical needs of children around the world.
We’ve added a few new categories to spark your creativity. This year’s award categories include:
- Voters Choice Award – Grand Prize
Teledyne Marine staff judges select their pick from the top 10 entries receiving the most public votes.
- Staff Favorite Award
Staff judges select their favorite entry.
- Best Data Award
Share your awesome multibeam, sonar, or other data collected using Teledyne Marine gear
- Share Your Passion Award – NEW
Show the world your passion and commitment to the work you do
- Teamwork Makes the Dream Work Award – NEW
Share photos of your team working together to make it happen
- Adversity Award
Share images from your worst days - fighting the elements, working in extremes, and/or dealing with challenges
- Moment of Zen Award - NEW
Share photos working in beautiful locations, enjoying tranquil moments, and/or celebrating those small achievements
- MacGyver Award – NEW
Named after the popular 1980’s TV series, show us your clever field rigging, deployments, techniques and field fixes
Grand Prize (Voters Choice Award)
Choose from: Bose Portable Home Speaker ($350 value) OR Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 ($380 value)
Awardees from all other categories will receive a cool new PhoneSoap UV Sanitizer (stay connected, charged, and safe!)
How to Enter
Step 1 – Upload your image to https://woobox.com/3qw7eo/ along with supporting details
Step 2 – Share the image on your social media channels and encourage friends, family and industry associates to vote for your submission. Tag us @teledynemarine on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; #TMPhoto2020
Step 3 –Teledyne Marine will make a $10 donation to Save the Children (www.savethechildren.org) for each qualified submission (up to 2 submissions per person); and an additional $5 donation if you share the image with the @teledynemarine tag (so we can track it).
Photo Submission Guidelines
Entries must be saved in TIF, JPEG or PNG format. One entry per category. Maximum of 2 submissions per person
Recognition of the winning images and finalists will be widely exposed through the contest website, social media and informational materials related to the subsequent competition. By submission of images, the participants grant Teledyne Marine a non-exclusive right to use the content for promotional use.
- Entries for the contest must be submitted online at https://woobox.com/3qw7eo/
- Entry opens on June 30, 2020. The closing date is August 31, 2020
- The winners will be announced in September 2020
- Teledyne Marine will donate $10.00 USD to Save The Children for each qualified photo submission (up to 2 per person), and an additional $5 to share it on your social channel (up to a maximum $3,000 USD total donation).
- A minimum of 10 votes is required for your image to qualify for consideration for the Voters Choice award.
- Teledyne Marine may exclude images from the Voters Choice Award Top 10 if there is reason to suspect cheating in the voting process.
- By submission of images, the participant’s grant Teledyne Marine a non-exclusive right to use the content for promotional use.
- All submitted photographs must show a situation where Teledyne Marine products are being used or be taken with a Teledyne Marine Bowtech camera
- All submitted data images must be created with the Teledyne PDS software suite or show data collected with a Teledyne Marine sensor.
- Teledyne Marine may cancel the competition and amend these terms and conditions without notice in the event of circumstances outside their control.
- We reserve the right at our sole discretion to extend the closing date for a reasonable period, where an insufficient number of the entries reserved have satisfied the entry and judging criteria.
- By your participation, the participants warrant that they have the full proprietary rights to the uploaded content.
- Images that have been submitted to previous Teledyne Marine photo/data competitions cannot be submitted to competition without prior permission from Teledyne Marine.
- This contest is not any way sponsored by or affiliated with Facebook or Instagram.
- Non-transferrable and no cash alternatives.
- Teledyne Marine customers and users are eligible to enter, and no bias will be shown by the judge’s panel.
- Media coverage will be generated by Teledyne Marine and use of the photographs you provide will be used for publicity purposes.
- Excludes Teledyne Marine employees and their immediate families or anyone professionally connected with the prize promotion.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are incomplete, delayed, damaged, wrongly delivered or not received for whatever reason.
- If the participant is under 18 years of age a signature is required by a parent or guardian.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- Teledyne Marine may remove and exclude images deemed offensive or in conflict to the stated contest rules