1. Agreement: These rules govern the “Subway World Sandwich Day 2018 Contest” (the “Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
2. Contest Sponsor: The Contest sponsor is Metroland Media Group (the “Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all legal residents of the Province of Ontario that are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. You are not eligible to enter if you are (or you live with) an employee, officer, director, representative, agent, consultant or supplier of the Contest Sponsor or any of its affiliates (collectively, the “Promotion Entities"). Contest Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the potential winners. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Limit of one (1) entry per person per day during the Contest Period.
4. Contest Entry: The Contest begins at 12:00 PM ET on November 2, 2018 and ends at 12:00 PM ET on November 9, 2018 (such period, the “Contest Period”). During the Contest Period access the Contest website at https://www.toronto.com/toronto-whatson/contests/, read and accept these Contest Rules, and follow the instructions to complete and submit a "Contest Entry Form" with all required information (a valid email address will be required) resulting in one (1) "Online Entry". Each entrant may use only one (1) email address to enter the Contest. There is a limit of one (1) Online Entry per person per day.
5. Winner Selection: The potential winner will be chosen by random draw from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period on November 9, 2018 at approximately 1:00 PM ET. The draw will take place at the Sponsor’s offices located at 175 Gordon Baker Rd. Toronto, ON M2H 0A2. Each potential winner will be contacted by telephone or email by a representative of the Sponsor, and must reply within forty-eight (48) hours to maintain eligibility. In order to be eligible to win, each potential winner must correctly answer a time limited mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid. If any potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact, or incorrectly answers the skill-testing question posed by the Sponsor, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her Entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select, at random, another eligible Entry, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible Entry. If a potential winner does not claim the Prize within one (1) day of notification, another eligible Entry may be selected, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, and the first potential winner will have no further claim to the Prize. The Sponsor will not mail or courier the prize and is not responsible for lost, stolen or unclaimed prizes. If a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept or otherwise redeem any Prize on the terms upon which it is awarded, the Prize shall be forfeited and no cash or substitutes will be provided in whole or in part.
6. Prizing: There is one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of two (2) $25 Subway Canada gift cards. Retail value of the Prize is fifty dollars ($50.00) CDN. Unauthorized use, reproduction or resale is prohibited. The prize will not be replaced or replenished if lost, stolen, used incorrectly or without authorization. If a potential winner does not claim the prize within 48 hours of notification, another eligible entry will be selected and contacted and the first selected entrant will have no further claim to the prize.The prize may not be exchanged for cash. Other terms and conditions may apply. The Sponsor will not mail or courier the prize and is not responsible for lost, stolen or unclaimed prizes. If a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept or otherwise redeem any prize on the terms it is awarded, the prize shall be forfeited and no cash or substitutes will be provided in whole or in part. The prize cannot be transferred or substituted and the event will not be rescheduled if a winner cannot attend.
7. Release: Prior to being declared a winner, the selected entrants will be required to show valid photo ID and sign a declaration of eligibility and release form releasing the Sponsor and each of its related parties from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the Prize, confirming compliance with these Contest rules and consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, without further notice or compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor and/or its advertising and promotional agencies. The signed forms must be received by the Sponsor within two (2) days of notification to the entrant that he/she has been selected as a potential winner or the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant may be selected, in accordance with Section 5 of these Contest rules. Each winner may be required to sign additional releases upon request by the Sponsor.
8. Indemnity: By participating in this Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and any prize supplier and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and licensees and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buyers and promotional agencies (the “Released Parties”) from any and all damages, injuries, claims, suits, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses, liabilities or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers’ fees) arising out of or relating to your participation in the Contest; your receipt or use of any prize; your violation of any term of these Contest rules or your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right.
10. Banning: The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and entering more times than permitted under these Contest rules.
11. Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. The prize must be accepted as awarded, is non-transferable and is not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed. Sponsor are not liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical failures on any website or software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form-filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.